Windows Vista was a good OS. Prove me wrong

Windows Vista was a good OS. Prove me wrong.

Attached: windowsvista.jpg (1200x800, 62K)

I see a lot of vista shilling on this board these days. good shit i approve

we know
how many times you need to make this thread

Attached: 1528217594027.jpg (3840x2160, 1.24M)

>Buy Athlon II X2 5200+, 2GB system. Put 10k RPM Raptor in it.
>Bought right before Vista. Had option to buy disk for $20 when it came out. Bought it.
>installed it
>3 minute boot times. (using every trick in the book only ever got it down to 1:30)
>utterly unusable for another minute after boot and every time after releasing a bunch of RAM since superfetch was set for high priority
>zip files could take LITERALLY hours to open, locking up the system while it tried
>File copy -- a basic OS function -- happened at dial-up speeds

I dutifully installed all the performance patches, and waited until SP1. Things got a little "less bad", but they were never good.
After the disappointment with SP1 I went back to XP and enjoyed my 10 second boot times and screaming performance until 2014.

You may have liked it looking back but It was awful using it on a regular basis.

I can't prove facts wrong.
Vista was perfect.
Only thing that went wrong was OEM kikes pressuring MS to lower RAM minimum requirements.

It sucked at first, but with full updates it became basically a glassier Windows 7

any os compared to windows 10 is a good os
but vista had to compete with windows xp, it was doa

false
vista takes less than 20 seconds to boot
way faster than 7 and newer

I don't understand how people could fondly think of Vista, it was ugly as fuck and broken as hell.

It wasn't that way for me. I short stroked the drive and put Windows on its very own super-short stroked partition. Debloated and defragged.
I minute 30 was the lowest I ever got it.
Maybe you can get 20 seconds off a SSD, but I could get 10 seconds in XP off an 80GB hard drive.

Attached: new_boot.png (600x740, 14K)

what calls is it missing (or i need to add) to get browsers that work on 7 working on vista?

>broken
every os is broken
>ugly
you take that back right now mister >:c

Nostalgia for something they barely remember

Windows 10 is better than both Vista and XP

>The beginning of Windows' bloating era
>Looks were the only good thing it had going for it
No, it wasn't.

>Windows 10 is better than XP
HAHAHAHAHA... No.

>Shilling Windows 10 in 2019
Imagine being this retarded.

I think the market speaks for itself.

Attached: vista_sucks.png (763x964, 66K)

God bless those fucking kikes for once in a lifetime. Fuck MS, fuck Aero and fuck their 64 to 512 mb RAM requirement bump from XP.

>Windows Vista was a good OS

imagine being this retarded

I found that ultimately that Windows 7 was at origin a polished version of Windows Vista, but even at beta stage Windows 7 performed reliably overall with general usage and playing games than Windows Vista did from when I used it (first version to SP1).

I did hear most of the odd issues I disliked was fixed in SP2 for Vista but the much polished Windows 7 works better for me both unusually earlier on (as a beta tester, before the first official version was out) and much later on to the point I ignored Windows 8 (and it's 8.1 successor) due to the shit interface change that MS tried.

I only moved to Windows 10 as Windows 7 was noticeably aged and 10 was more usable than the shitty interface from 8 (MS apparently improved or made an usable interface in 8.1 but I skipped it as 7 was still going strong throughout that 8 releases).
A minor sacrifice so far.

Will also admit that Linux has come far too (much usable than in the past and will use for certain circumstances over Windows hands down, but not quite to my taste for all around usage as MS still has that for me).

holy shit vista will surpass windows 8

what happened with all those laptops from 2013/14 that came with windows 8 installed?

How many people are still on XP?
Face it, Windows 10 is better.

While XP was speedy as hell and lightweight, it wasn't secure. Even if XP had DX12 and security updates, I don't think I could give up this virus-free experience with peek and search and convenient right-click controls for everything instead of control panel, and lack of bit rot.
Windows 10 is hugely bloated for what it brings to the table over XP, but that bloat is mostly in RAM usage rather than any major performance drag so it's largely invisible if you have at least 16GB RAM.

Windows 10 is more comfy than XP was. I'll take 30 day+ uptimes between updates and never having to reinstall the OS over needing to reboot every few days and needing to do a format and reinstall every 6 months to a year.

>Maybe you can get 20 seconds off a SSD
lying on the internet

Everyone over 30 was an adult when Vista came out and we hated it. If you have “nostalgia” for Vista you”re a Zoomer who played Purble Place.

your points on performance are well taken but there is nothing 'comfy' about 10. the ui design is truly horrible. i'm not one of these blanket anti-flat-design autists but win10 implementation of absolutely sucks dick. anti-comfy

Attached: 128277198755.jpg (1000x1504, 1.22M)

How much of the damn thing are you looking at? This is all I see.

Attached: Capture.png (1920x32, 51K)

Kinda what I was implying there

It’s now down to 0.15% in July 2019. That’s basically only 1 in 666 computers still using Vista. I think the remaining Vista computers should be sold for scrap and Vista discs be buried in the desert.

what website is that
the numbers on other website says vista use is higher than xp in north america

If the hardware / software supported it and security was up to date, or as good as 10 I think there would be a tonne of people still on XP.

Windows 10 is just terrible
>pre installed bloat
>pestering with all these notifications, "feedback" etc.
>botnet
>Russian roulette every 6 months with updates that will break something and add some bloat "functionality" nobody asked for
>deletes your files
>forced updates, ALWAYS AT THE WORST TIME
>did I mention bloatware?

Set the criteria on what a good OS is

>walk into bestbuy 2007
>look at vista machines
>thiccass plastic hog laptops running nice and hot, solidass whiiiirrrr of strong mechanical fans running
>dat shiny windows aero when fancy effects were sexy and not overused yet
>juicy ports everywhere, chiclet keyboard trash wasnt everywhere yet

boomers cant into comfy. It was comfy times, now everything is 2 pound tablets with shit keyboards attached and no ports.

Attached: neet pepe.jpg (499x499, 41K)

Vista was horrible at first. Performance wise completely inferior to XP, especially when SP3 came out. It became usable with all of the updates. 7 in comparison was good from the start, which is basically an updated and overworked Vista.

Its netmarketshare.com. Some people say they are biased towards Windows 7 users.

they got upgraded to 8.1 dude

>How many people are still on XP?
Barely to no one, not because it's a bad OS but because Microsoft actively decided to stop supporting it.

The fact that people are forced to use Windows 10 (an ambulant bloated mess that doesn't respect your privacy at all) nowadays because X or Y software's compatibility depends on how many mountains of cash you're supposed to give to their developers doesn't mean Windows 10 is the best OS, let alone a good one.

>you're supposed to give
Had a mental fart there. I meant to say "you're willing to give".

Anyone else still using Vista?

Attached: any1 use picrelated.jpg (1365x767, 189K)

No

NT 2000 was the peak windows. XP was a reworked 2000 with a fancy GUI tacked on. I liked XP/2000. Vista - just sucked. Windows 7 was a major improvement. I'm still using it now. We still have yet to hit the ram limit in 7 x64bit. (192GB).

Ten - sucks, period. Aside from gaming (DX12) there is zero point to upgrade to it.

Win 7 - you get USB 3 and SATA III support via drivers so your not being gimped by the os any. Hell anymore your bottleneck is your GB lan. Everything else is moving at 2+ Gbps internally now, meanwhile your lan is limited to just a puny 1 Gbps.

Streaming some vid, hey not to bad. Try to backup 13TB over lan, uh yeah, the lan is the bottleneck not your servers drives. even 5400 rpm drives are more than able to push out more than GB lan can take.

Vistaposting is basically phoneposting at this point.

Oh god, I feel genuinely slightly ill just looking at the Vista interface. It just brings me back to trying to make it run on severely underpowered laptops with the "vista ready" sticker lying me straight in the face the whole time. Vista ready my fucking ass.