How many times a month do you reinstall your main OS?

And how do i stop doing this myself since it isnt healthy?

Attached: Darkside_RG.jpg (150x150, 7K)

Fpbp

I've been distrohopping a lot the last couple months so a bunch of times. But I'm back to where I started so I'm not going to change for a long time. This is what I always tell myself but I always want to try something new. Not this time, I'm sticking with what I have.

once or twice

>something new
>every distro can do same things
Except, maybe for things like yast on openSUSE and other programs which are distro specific and optimized for it.
But, I assume, you can use that software on any other distro. Not sure how it might work tho.

I did it once a month when I was a virgin gayman desktop ricer that cared about appearance more than function. Today on my current machine I haven't reinstalled the OS in years because it's just a massive colossal pain the ass to get everything back up and running again when you need it for work.

last time I install my OS is in early 2014

I refresh my entire Arch install with a custom script every time I reboot my computer

Well some things are just better to switch distros for. Like Pantheon on elementary OS, it can be installed on Arch but requires old GTK. Installing it on Ubuntu results in glitches.

Plus it's nice to start fresh and not have to spend time removing the GNOME packages and installing the KDE ones, plus the KDE packages in my current distro (KDE neon) are more up to date compared to Ubuntu.

This. Windows just works

Once every 6 months or less with windows, it's been almost a year since I bought my MacBook but it's unfair because I'd like to reinstall but there are tons of customization for things that aren't in the OS and I'm worried that'll take too long to set it up properly

This is exclusively a linux problem, right? There comes a point where too many options becomes a bad thing and you just end up wasting all your time fiddling with bullshit customization options and trying out a million distros and you don't actually get anything done at all.

>Windows
Oh hell no, openSUSE all the way

whats your reason for reinstall?
friendly reminder: 1-pass wipes dont work on SSDs the same way as HDDs

Attached: cbf.gif (500x283, 432K)

0. And I use Gentoo

based kissxsis poster

1/48
roughly

dont worry eventually you stop doing that. i used to be like that too. went as far as keep reinstalling until everythinf went 100% perfect.
did i chose some settig wrong during install? reinstall!

eventually over the years i just stoped caring about that, now my install is at leat 1 year old.

What if I do 1 pass of urandom?

>Main laptop

Apr 2019

>Main desktop

July 2018

>Chromebook which I hardly ever use

Feb 2019

>Second laptop

Aug 2018

>netbook

Jan 2018

every few weeks

most modern ssd have built in over-provisioning, so less performance hit when ssd drive gets close to full. so, you can't really perform a 'full' one pass wipe on all cells because of the over-provisioning.

luckily modern ssd are encrypted on firmware level. so just use the manufacturers tool/software to reset/change the key

My personal home machine that I'm using right now is running Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 that I installed in 2009.