Gets removed from all devices for no reason even though people still use it

>Gets removed from all devices for no reason even though people still use it
Can we just admit removing the headphone jack was a failure and put it back?

Attached: IMG_3137.jpg (600x600, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

audio-technica.com/m50xbt/index.html
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2019/8/1/20749979/samsung-galaxy-note-10-usb-c-dongle-3-5mm-leak-pictures-headphone-jack
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I haven’t used wired headphones since 2013, maybe you should just live outside of third world countries

There are plenty of devices that still have a 3.5mm jack. It's just the """high end""" devices that are more jewelry and less actual, functional technology where people pay the retard tax, getting less for more.

Why won't they just use 2.5mm jack instead if they want to go thinner? Having to use 3.5>2.5 adapter for non-dedicated headphones would be much less annoying than some fuckin' dongle blocking your only port.

"we needed to get rid of the jack because muh thinness" is a lie. It's just the bullshit excuse they feed to the plebs. They could absolutely make phones thin enough and retain the headphone jack.
The real reason is simply because they want to force people to buy their dongles, bluetooth earbuds, etc. The profit margins on all that stuff is sky-high.

You can buy wireless headphones from any company, raj

Imagine being so poor you have to buy wireless trash.

Attached: 0tsydt6jq8u21.png (1000x808, 404K)

exactly, you have to buy it. extra.

Just make it flat and you have no excuse to not include it in every device.

Apple took it out and everyone else has to jump off the same cliff because everyone in the smartphone market seems to have forgotten USP is a thing.

except there's a bit of hope: that new slider keyboard phone has it and moto are bringing it back in a few models

You want to keep the headphone jack: support devices that keep it & don't support the devices that don't keep it, that's capitalism baby!

Even though my LG G5 has a 3.5mm jack I tried to get into wireless ear buds, but Christ alive it sucks when you can't listen to music because you need to charge your shit. I keep wired ear buds in my gym bag and I have to use them almost every day which kind of defeats the purpose of going wireless because unless you get obnoxiously large ear buds your battery life is 5~6hrs at best

Attached: 1560193777481.jpg (428x422, 25K)

1. The 2.5mm ones are crap that snap super easy
2. The shills bitched that it was preventing making thinner phones but the no-jack phones aren't any thinner. Instead they just used the space it gave them to put dumb shit like barometers.

Apple and Bose don’t share their profits, anjeet

But they still get more profits from dongle/bluetooth sales than if they were to keep the 3.5mm jack as an option. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

It's also about closing the analog gap. Soon we'll be seeing headphones which contain some DRM technology which will prevent you from recording music of them. After a couple years only headphones with DRM will be sold and eventually analog adapters won't be available anymore.

Companies making money bad

chinkshit is the future of smartphones because the "premium" manufacturers are busy with their race to the bottom making overpriced pseudo-tablets with less and less functionality

>spending money on useless shit
I just want to be able to connect my 5$ chink earbuds which are the best in the world (Venture Electronics Monk) and not care about anything else
also, if you're in first world, your country got rich by exploiting weaker nations, not exactly a thing to be proud of

either stupid or stupid

taking things out just to sell it back to me for extra is bad, yes.

They quite literally don't. The margin on an iPhone XR is 10x larger than the margin on a dongle.
Now go back to Jow ForumsAndroid where you can spout witless memes with impunity.

No I want thiccphones to be a thing. Give me a full fat 6.35mm jack in my next model.

Attached: Pho_ObjCowonP2.jpg (1024x802, 307K)

Fortunately you can buy it from a separate company, and if you haven’t been using Bluetooth since at least 2013 you’re probably from a third world country and can’t afford flagship phones regardless.

>Removing jack saves company money
>price still goes up

I listen to a lot on my phone through headphones and while i do have bluetooth headphones I still use wired a lot for various reasons. As much as I use mine, battery life is an issue and something that's not a problem with wired.

> removes headphone jack
> buy our new expensive bluetooth earbuds

But user, high end headphone are all wired and use 3.5mm/6.35mm jack

>buy
Samsung literally gives them away for free if you buy their phones within the first week of launch

>using “high end” headphones on a mobile device

>using headphones

Attached: 1488852009849.jpg (600x641, 49K)

>>buy
>Samsung literally gives them away for free if you buy their phones within the first week of launch
> buying within first week

Attached: john-cena-laughing-19985692.png (500x501, 105K)

id take wireless over that
shit breaks too easily

I hate dealing with Bluetooth connections on devices, its so temperamental, and with wireless headphones its one more fucking thing to charge, and think about.

i just use 3.5mm whenever possible, i have a phone that's Bluetooth compatible, but id rather use my 3.5mm

>using stupid gimmicks with worse audio quality makes me intelligent and first world

Name one good pair of bluetooth headphones that don't die after 4 hours and have legitimately good connectivity.

If you care about audio quality on a mobile device you are mentally retarded

qc 35 ii

Sony WH1000XM3

my mi 9t has headphone jack

Attached: 092060581.png (441x411, 76K)

If they make wireless KSC75s I'm happy. But they won't. I heard you can mod the portapro wireless to basically be that though

Koss sells bluetooth Portapros now days

Enjoy your web streaming tier audio compression.

What's a good smartphone with a headphone jack and sd card slot

Learn to read the thread before replying faglord

It's not 2012 anymore, modern codecs can stream cd quality audio over bluetooth

My chink taotronics last like 25 hours and sound good enough for $50 headphones with noise cancelling

You must think that those beats and Skullcandy wireless headphones are good.

Literally every good headphone and iem uses wires.

sony whohoooooiooidajdiaksdknjundm12893u1

>Literally every good headphone and iem uses wires.
audio-technica.com/m50xbt/index.html

no, usb is the way to go.
until it get replaced in 20 years with something else

sony xm3
30 hours battery, 10 meter range, you can change mode between 990 kbs or triple the signal strength with 330kbs

ill bet you cant afford them anyways

Attached: 119851949584.jpg (720x540, 75K)

>has never had real airpods

>he's still asleep

Never used either, I have a pair of bd770s that I use at home and airpods + qc35ii at college

The type c port already has the wiring for audio for most phones, all the dongles are is a port converter
To be honest it's not too much of a deal for me, I only use headphones at work and I'm considering getting wireless ones anyways

one sec

are yall tryin to bamboozle yourselves out of an argument right here right now?

your shitty 3.5mm earbuds or "preamplified studio monitors" or whatever certainly didn't "sound better" than this gen's bluetooth headphones.

simply because the fucking sound quality was limited by the shitty sound chips, so how can you even say "it was better"?

>but muh hand crank gramophone still sounds better than all that modern junk

Attached: wNVvkwK.png (1484x1075, 663K)

I got a pair of chinkoids that work just fine

>M50
>Good
Tard.

This desu. M50s were hilariously muffled and had no clarity to speak of. Everything about them was underwhelming. Upgraded to Senns after a few months, never looked back. After that I upgraded to Beyerdynamic. I can't understand the hype with the fucking M50s. They are worse than $10 headphones.

I'd be fine with the dongle but why do they make them so flimsy? I mean I know why but fuck them. Is there any dongle with no cable between the two connectors?

They'll find a way to cheap out on something in that and ensure it breaks within 6 months.

Many phones have really great headphone frontends though. Bluetooth is limited by bandwidth, and batteries still not being worry free. And are you going to say that severely power and space limited bt headphone DACs are going to be better than what you can put in a phone?

Easy: don't buy anything without a headphone jack. Where demand goes, so does supply.

>The type c port already has the wiring for audio for most phones, all the dongles are is a port converter

Choose between charging and music. Stupid design!

Can't be worse than the current ones.

>Jow Forums loses out clinging to old technology again

lol surprise surprise.

this. the old rule of "do exactly the opposite of what Jow Forums says" is validated yet again.

shut up you piece of shit

triggered luddite

BT/wireless still sounds like muddy ass.

>years since apple removed jack
>even more since they stopped dongle in the box
>people still buying phones
>note 10 losing headphone jack
>pixel phones lost ages ago

wow and no one crying

tru dat
t. deaf brainlet
>modern codecs
they drop out and have all sorts of distortion, stupid

>was a failure
not in their gadget sales department friendo.

fuck off retard

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2019/8/1/20749979/samsung-galaxy-note-10-usb-c-dongle-3-5mm-leak-pictures-headphone-jack

Attached: usb_c.png.jpg (920x613, 27K)

>they drop out and have all sorts of distortion
Not even chink headphones do this anymore

Attached: up ur mum.jpg (716x579, 80K)

what the fuck are you trying to prove

I said the note 10 is losing the headphone jack so you post a dongle article?

yeah okay

Attached: dumbass.jpg (1010x571, 84K)

>Gets removed from all devices for no reason even though people still use it
Can we just admit removing the floppy jack was a failure and put it back?

Attached: 41nYBn7wHUL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 11K)

>apple removes cd drive on 1 thin laptop
>Jow Forums proceeds to then say they backup daily with DVDs like that will cause backlash onto Steve Jobs
>pretty much no pc has optical drive now
>Jow Forums doesn't complain anymore

Give it 3 more years and no one will give a shit about 3.5mm

why is it impossible for samsung to come up with an original design

Attached: MMX62_AV1.jpg (1144x1144, 60K)

>only phones that will have the headphone jack soon will be indian made phones that Jow Forums will import at a premium and then pretend there are no flaws and how good of a deal it was

LOL just like old thinkpads

>i paid $300 for an 8 year old computer then paid $300 more upgrading it and am looking at modding it with a 1080p screen wow! beats macbooks loL

>original design
>for a dongle
what

Attached: dongles.png (756x791, 231K)

Flash drives killed both by being better in every way. Wireless headphones are still shit. The replacement is artificial.

>floppys are regularly and extensively being used in everyday life in other devices

the problem is= not enought connectors at all
---------------
I have to buy new smartphone now
I need in it:
1 stilus
2 booting from SD card
3 USB ports in count of 3 or more
4 changable and cheap batary
5 ability to work without any battary from a power bank
6 connector for externl antenas
7 aluminium body with screwholes for external cooling propeller
8 gold plated connectors
9 no any glue, only screws
10 strong PSB with only wide lines near connetors
11 VR carboard included
12 easy replaceble screen and relable bootons, aloot of buttons all the frame around
Unless all this become avalable i gona use only cheapest phones from new noname manufacters

Attached: DOCTOR.jpg (500x400, 107K)

Nice proof you got there you fucking brainlet

There's still a loss, and a delay with bluetooth.
They should make usb headphones.

Don't say that. It could work for the hour or so it takes to get most people to post a glowing review, and then crumble into dust after that.

It's marketing to sell you bluetooth earbuds.

That's literally it. It's not because it's obsolete or inferior or saves space in the device housing.

They want you to buy a pair of airpods. Apple started it and other phone manufacturers followed them mindlessly into it.

>Wireless for mobile
>Wired for desktop

Having wires on a device that is bluetooth enabled is pants on head retarded.

They do.

Attached: IMG_20190802_113235-1512x1534.jpg (1512x1534, 313K)

What is dis, gib me info

Cowon Plenue 2

wireless nigger

audio delay is so small that it's a non-issue, unless you're a faggot still playing step mania or osu

haha

Actually, there a nice selection of cordless dongles, and they are also cheap. Chinks save the day, again.

Based

1k€, nigger wat

I'll buy wireless earbuds when they make sweat-proof ones.

>Wireless headphones are still shit.

Not really the difference between wired and wireless is literally imperceptible to most people but the convenience is not. Sure the difference between a good wired setup and a wireless one isn't that comparable,,, but most people think bose and beats are high end audio.