These suck. discuss alternatives, some of us IT folk deal with literal jungles of thick dust

These suck. discuss alternatives, some of us IT folk deal with literal jungles of thick dust

Attached: 340-500_HR_0.jpg (1800x1800, 291K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trace.moe/?url=https://i.4cdn.org/g/1564689330833.gif#
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>these suck
they quite literally blow, you moron

Nope. They blow. You can also flip them to chill stuff.

Attached: 71C4Fe9hEcL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 106K)

Why do they become unbearably cold after use?

an electric leaf blower
its science mang

btw what japanese cartoon is this

Attached: tenor.gif (454x250, 2.49M)

You're supposed to flip them over then inhale the gas for maximum utility.

Got myself a dedicated air compressor, it's only 8 gallons but it gets the job done for plenty of smaller projects, and it only cost $20 more than a datavac

Hopefully at my new place I can get a 240v line in my garage to wire up a 60 gallon compressor

Attached: IMG_20180829_231832.jpg (4160x3120, 994K)

In Britain, "Blow off" is a little kids way of saying "fart"
kids will hold their nose and say stuff like "Pwaaaar did you blow off, dad"? "or , "Oh no who has blown off"

Nobody cares about your retarded little incest island.

>btw what japanese cartoon is this

trace.moe/?url=https://i.4cdn.org/g/1564689330833.gif#

Why are they so expansive? It's just fucking air.

I actually just use cotton swabs or take components out (if possible) and bathe them.

Heard you where talkin shit about my friends.

Attached: americaball.gif (834x556, 44K)

air compressor

Datavac

AIR COMPRESSOR

Has anyone here actually inhaled one of these bitches? What's it like?

Attached: image.jpg (500x281, 171K)

I've done it before it's not great, what ended up happening for me is I would take the first hit and it was kind of nice, then I would think I should wait a bit before I take another, then 3 hits later I wake up in my own piss and vomit with an empty can remembering nothing. It's like a really dirty nitrous oxide high, if you're going to huff something do n2o, its clean and the dispensing method usually makes it so you you can't really over do it an pass out.

>huffing air dusters
Christ, just smoke a weed. It'll be a far better experience all around.

Because the liquid is expanding into a gas, which requires thermal energy. This is how air conditioning works. On the hot side (outside), gaseous refrigerant is compressed into a liquid. This heats the refrigerant up a lot. It's then passed through the outdoor coil as air blows across, taking that heat energy from the refrigerant. The refrigerant, still pretty hot, but now far cooler than when it was originally compressed, is allowed to expand by passing it into the low pressure cold side (indoors) through a nozzle. As it expands, it gets very cold. Colder than it was before you compressed it since heat energy was removed into the relatively cooler air on the hot side. You blow warm indoor air across the coils to cool the air and warm the refrigerant, and the cycle repeats.

Cheap air compressors are based, just make sure to not clean your
PCs on humid days unless you have some way to pull the moisture out of the air.

Use an actual vacuum for jungles of dust instead of blowing that shit everywhere. Wipe down caked surface with isopropyl.
You can blow more shit out with compressed air, but it's placebo. As long as there's airflow a little dust never hurt modern computers. Heat is the killer.

Pro tip, get a case with even a coarse dust filter and keep your room clean to save the most time.

I did this when I was young and dumb, not old enough to buy alcohol, and no money to buy weed, at 18 you could get duster, what I should have done is just gotten some cough syrup or something, I know it was really stupid looking back on it. I was in a bad place in my life.

That's a lot of words to say adiabatic expansion.

This guy gets it. They're meant to blow your mind.

>folk

underrrated

the answer is to just invest in a datavac instead of spending even more money on shit products over time because they are well worth it

What fucking retarded part of the world is that from? Computer dusters use compressed air and no other gases or anything. The ones that has a different or gas that is not just air has it written all over it to not use on computers and sensitive electric devices.

It was a post directed at someone who didn't pay attention in school. I didn't want to spook them.

>get a case with even a coarse dust filter and keep your room clean to save the most time.

i went from a case that was entirely made of open mesh with no fans to a meshify C with strong positive pressure and its absolutely incredible how much of an impact a dust filter and proper airflow management has on case cleanliness

I use a leaf blower on my pc every year. Works surprisingly well.

Americans love toilet humor.

no they aren't, because air doesn't compress that much. nowhere near as much as butane or any number of low molecular weight gasses. i don't know what chemical they use in air dusters but i guarantee it is not oxygen or nitrogen, it is a gas that can compress enough to give you a significant volume inside of that small of an air can

these spare air tanks are filled to a pressure of 3000 PSI, about 30 times what an aerosol can is rated for. they don't fill air dusters with air, they never have, and probably never will

Attached: spare air.jpg (409x679, 29K)

i did whippets once and its like you're holding your breath and passing out except instead of your brain going 'HEY DIPSHIT YOU'RE DYING" you just can't stop giggling. i wouldn't recommend it

get an air compressor. It's better in the long run rather than getting annoyed by cans that empty far too quickly

If you "blow out" your PC where does the dust etc go? Into the air? Into your lungs, skin, hair etc? Deeper into the thing you're trying to clean?
Use a vacuum cleaner. It gets the dust etc out and stores it.
The compressed air/compressor etc appeal to the little kid in you but you won't find pro techs using it.

No. There are air dusters that you mentioned, but there are literal dusters for computers that contain compressed air. It's on the can that they don't contain any organic has or anything that can damage microelectronics. And yes, they don't last very long.

/thread

Attached: campbell-hausfeld-portable-air-compressors-fp2028-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 64K)

we didn't all go to refrigerator repair school

data vac versus >
>

which is better

Everything other than a real compressor is totally worthless.

Yep. Cough syrup is way better, so long as you don't get the kind with acetaminophen/paracetamol in it, that stuff kills your liver faster than downing a bottle of vodka a day.

This sometimes spits droplets of oil

4/10

Attached: depression_tuesday.jpg (530x530, 60K)

Attached: bruh41.gif (498x278, 1.69M)

Real compressor with a water trap

Little manual squeeze-bulb brush.
Cheap, reliable, works in all situations.

>Use a vacuum cleaner. It gets the dust etc out and stores it.
>The compressed air/compressor etc appeal to the little kid in you but you won't find pro techs using it.
use both, compressed air is good for blasting dust out of heatsink/radiator fins then a vacuum cleaner can suck it up and dispose of it

Proper ones contain propane/butane mixture.

coleman quickpump 120v model.

it's a ~15$ mattress pump rated 36 CFM on amazon.

Attached: 1554947754136.gif (400x400, 673K)