Small chest edition

How to ask for help

>Budget
>Source
>Location
>IEM(In ears)/ Earbuds
>Sound Signature(or genres you like)
> Past Gear and your thoughts on them

Attached: 1528844199478.png (511x559, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B017XB50CG
seanolive.blogspot.com/2017/02/twirt-337-predicting-headphone-sound_17.html
crinacle.com/graphs/tin-audio-p1/
clarityfidelity.blogspot.com/2017/03/sony-mh755-iem.html
aes.org/e-lib/online/browse.cfm?elib=18369
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=18462
aes.org/e-lib/online/browse.cfm?elib=19237
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=19275
juloaudio.sk/Umiestnenie_reprosustav/History of Harman Target Curve.pdf
aliexpress.com/item/32814067279.html
audiobudget.com/product/MoonDrop/Crescent
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Any recommandations for a 2-pin bluetooth cable for a KZ ZSN Pro pair?

Previous thread:

50€
Phone (Redmi Note 5)
Central Europe
In-ear
a bit of everything so i guess a neutral signature would be preferred
Koss Spark Plugs - they fit my ears pretty nicely, as for the sound quality i have nothing to compare the to as everything i used before them was either the same quality or worse

Attached: 1561322144636.jpg (400x400, 36K)

>Anime OP
>Not even tangentially related to IEMs
Shit thread.

>anime site
>complains about anime being there

You must be new here

I’m tired of woven cables with these fucking awful, horrendous heat shrink hooks that, while nice during use, make it impossible to avoid the fucking things catching on everything.
I’m just going to buy a black Shure MMCX cable on Amazon and be done with it.
Are those Shure cables worth using?

No you're both new in this general. Its was the first rule we set along with no infographics. It's this way to stop this thread going the way of hpg. We were not kicked off we fucked off for our own sanity.

You’re retarded and gay. You’re probably smelly too.

get something from moondrop

Should i get the Moondrop Crescent or save up for something better? I like my Galaxy buds and want a cheap wired counterpart

The plain one that came with my SE435s is very much worth it. I don't know what they made it out of but it feels super durable, does not brittle from contact with skin oils, doesn't tangle, and still works great after 6 years of moderate to heavy use. The remote+mic one I tried to replace it with for use with my phone feels like Apple cable texture rubber, tangles more easily, and stopped working after about a year.

shure anything is shit. get a yinyoo with no heat shrink

That won't make your flat anime thot any more related to in ears you troglodyte.

Trn bt cable

This is the one I'm looking at. amazon.com/dp/B017XB50CG
Is yours black or clear?

I'd just save up for something like Moondrop Kansas Pro to make the wires totally worth it.

literally an unlimited sea of audio forums on the internet and you complain about anime on this one in particular instead of growing a brain
astronishing

Attached: 4chan anime.png (800x2810, 580K)

i wanna fug saya

Yeah no. You weren't there when the first general popped up. Stop trying to pretend you belong. The opposite happened in this case. And it's not like we don't like anime we just don't reference it in the Op. Pretty simple rule to follow mister "you don't integrate in the community I had no hand in creating and I don't know the codes of".

See that's the kind of """""discussion"""" you get with a waifu OP.

Website culture trumps general culture, faggot

so basically, a bunch of retards came to this anime website and then created a general with a retarded anti anime rule for no reason. sounds like you're the ones who didn't integrate, on the off chance that you're not talking out of your ass
it takes two to tango, retard

I don't care this is Jow Forums nigger and /iemg/ in particular. Once again I won't complain about anime in the thread unless it's shitposting just don't put anime in the Op. It's pretty site culture friendly since it barely restricts anime.
Actually there is a reason but it's not like you would know or even care. I can't stop you anyway so if you want to shit up the only decent audio general on this board go ahead.

>if you want to shit up the only decent audio general on this board go ahead.
okay

Attached: 88b8916c6699d19cff3313ba074ce6071351125193_full.jpg (550x711, 102K)

reminder that there is no correlation between price and sound quality of in ear headphones

seanolive.blogspot.com/2017/02/twirt-337-predicting-headphone-sound_17.html

Attached: Slides For Twirt copy.png (1600x946, 684K)

>Harman spreadsheet nigger just leaked from hpg
Was only a matter of time. First anime Ops then CFA shills and now this.

its only up to time untill /iemg/ turns into what /hpg/ is now

care to provide scientific material that indicates that sound quality has a strong correlation to price?

last thread was terrible
almost all of you are retarded

this is especially true for chink shit where garbage is prominent and shilled at literally every price point

Yeah theres good stuff for the price but stuff like MH755s or Tin T2s dont have as good sound as something as say IER Z1R or Anole VX

What was wrong with the last thread?

>Budget
200-300$
>Source
Phone
>Sound Signature(or genres you like)
Metal and electronic mainly
Looking for good wired iems with good comfort.

>being this autistic

of course there are IEMs that cost couple grands more and sound better than decent ones in the lower price range
but that doesn't mean that IEMs at that high end price range won't deliver crap sound quality or perform better than every most IEMs with a lower price point
as you can see in the graph, the IEMs predicted to be rated more than 50, are in the mid to low price bucket
(the one rated 100 is a 100$ IEM equalized to the Harman IE target)

well yeah but the thing is FR doesnt mean shit if your tonality is shit. The Tin P1 has a great FR but a shit tonality and thats why its not good. Something like the MH755 would score high on their list because its harmanesque but if you listen to the IEM it sounds like shit because the tonality is not great.

>This chart
>Scientific
We know that quality has no correlation to price we don't need you spamming threads with this stupid chart for it. The chart puts an arbitrary target on what an earphone should strive to be on top of not measuring every metric. This chart only exists to shill Harman's research and target and is effectively meaningless. But above all else I would really like you to fuck off back to hpg.
>>/hpg/
Tonality is the same thing as FR you fucking buffoon. What wrong with the P1 is supposedly a big lack of "technicalities" and somewhat lacking sub-bass. The MH755 sounds like shit because the driver is absolute garbage that can't handle any SPL above 60 db without breaking up.
I swear this general has really been fucking garbage this last two weeks.

>The Tin P1 has a great FR
I don't think so
crinacle.com/graphs/tin-audio-p1/

as for the MH755, it does follow the curve at mid&high freqs, but it has too much bass
and the drivers don't perform well as you can see in the square wave measurements
clarityfidelity.blogspot.com/2017/03/sony-mh755-iem.html

Actually it fucking does when you take into consideration that's it's one the very few single driver planars and that this one is actually useable without EQ.
What is there even ? Unique Melody ? A toneking (lmao) the RHA (double lmao) and the fucking Isine ? Honestly I think it could have been much MUCH worse.
>Oluv in the comments
Disgusting.

that target and the statistical model is backed by 4 AES papers (and about a ten more if you also include the research on AE/OE headphones)

aes.org/e-lib/online/browse.cfm?elib=18369
>The Preferred Low Frequency Response of In-Ear Headphones

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=18462
>Validation of a Virtual In-Ear Headphone Listening Test Method

aes.org/e-lib/online/browse.cfm?elib=19237
>A Statistical Model that Predicts Listeners' Preference Ratings of In-Ear Headphones: Part 1—Listening Test Results and Acoustic Measurements

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=19275
>A Statistical Model that Predicts Listeners' Preference Ratings of In-Ear Headphones: Part 2—Development and Validation of the Model

UGH /iemg/ is meant to be a cute 3D girl wearing an iem
seems they are all still hissy
Tin T2
> Shit thread.
agreed. should bake a new one
> no true scotsman
>woven cables with these fucking awful, horrendous heat shrink hooks
yeah its the fashion at the moment. there are plenty of plain cheap mmcx cables on ali just list by lowest price
correct
Yikes !
(president) trumps general culture, trumps Website culture faggot
fag
thats a shit study.. to me with iems there seems to be a $50 tier a $200 tier and a $1250 tier
last thread was terrible
planars just dont make sense to me and yes the MH775 just totally falls apart at moderate to loud volumes

Still sitting comfy with my DSD DAP , TRN Balanced Cable and Revonext QT2 Tripple Drivers

Attached: IMG_7874.jpg (2448x3264, 2.1M)

>$100 usd
>Apple dongle
>USA
>Either
>Mid centric or something with a good with acoustic and vocal heavy music.
>Tin T2 (pretty nice. mids were good but not great. the best word to describe them that i can think is dry. its sterile and not really exciting. fit on them is horrible to my ears.) KZ ZS6 (T R E B L E C A N N O N S) VE Monks (ehh they are good beaters i guess but they sound like shit for strings which is bad because thats pretty much all i listen to)

forgot to mention im fine with getting used

I didn't question the way the target was created. I questioned using it as an objective way (and only way) to measure an earphone's sound quality.
>Preference
>Most people prefer
>(((Objective)))
You see where you're wrong ? It's still is an arbitrary target that doesn't apply to everybody. If I don't like Harman tuning but like an earphone with the same distortion metrics and impulse response as the Harman earphone but EQd to preference does that mean I only like shit earphones? No it just means Harman is not an objective way to measure an earphone's quality because it's still a matter of preference. There's more things wrong with Harman standardisation but I don't know why I would try to convince you. You have been spamming hpg for a good while now.

It's certainly the first time I missed a namefag. Can't make a new thread cunt. I'm fairly sure that an overzealous janny lurks here and he's not on the oldies side.
Just avoid bumping that trashheap if you catch my drift.

what tips did you use ? and did you try the bluetack front port bass mod ?

bad news is the T2 has a 5mm diamter front opening which is pretty standard these days and if you have extremely small ear canals like some people pretty everything will fit horribly

also if you think the mids are bad on the T2 you might need to get your hearing tested... the midrange timbre is what really shines on the T2

Anyone?

The general went to complete shit the last two threads. Let it fall back into irrelevancy for a week or so and the shills and shitposters will fuck off. Unfortunately you will have to get your advice somewhere else on the meantime if you want actual advice.

If you read on how the Harman headphone target was created, you'll be able to see that it was derived from the Harman room curve
juloaudio.sk/Umiestnenie_reprosustav/History of Harman Target Curve.pdf

there has been research to find out the preferred in-room response of a speaker, and listening tests(performed with trained listeners) showed results that they actually prefer a flat response, and this goes decades back from now
>pic related

and you are right about it not being a perfect target for everyone (since people all have their differences in HRTF, pinna shape, canal shape, but there isn't enough research on how much the perceived sound and the FR differs between individuals)

but the research does prove it is a good target
and it has been updated & trimmed through subsequent listening tests since the initial target was introduced in 2013

Attached: 1563032245.jpg (600x229, 41K)

> $200
easy. Moondrop KXXS

My cable is black. I have the silver SE425s.

Can you explain how to read this chart? I'm used to charts comparing things putting the two things on the X and Y axes. This one seems to put both on the Y axis and leaves the X axis unlabeled.

the y axis is dB and the x axis is Hz
all the curves intersect at approx 200Hz, 0dB

Then what are the Y axis labels of quality and price?

that pic is not about price
it's a comparison of multiple in room curves created from research

i used to use foams but they made it sound a bit muffled so i switched to some random small tips that fit my ears really well. the reason i didnt like the fit is the general shape was just kinda uncomfortable. the bass mod made the mids muddy and i didnt like it unless i was watching movies or playing games. i didnt say the mids were bad it just wasnt enough i guess. they didnt feel engaging enough compared to when i tried my friends QDC Neptune. ive been looking at the Fiio FA1 because they have similar FRs but i havent seen many reviews on it.

I think we're looking at different pictures. Could you look at the one I initially quoted, which seems to be all about price vs sound quality.

ah, that one
the green bar is the price, the dots(connected with lines) are the sound quality rating of each in ear headphone

>square wave measurements
Some things to note:
-It's a linear convolution of the square wave with the frequency response. In other words, the harmonics of the square wave are scaled in magnitude by the decibel amount and advanced based on the phase value. This is a linear process defined by the frequency response, so I would prefer the frequency response as a more digestible image.
-The square wave reflects the raw response taken at the ear simulator. Whatever the appropriate target response may be, the brain absolutely has compensation for the ear's response.
-Single driver systems will typically track minimum phase closely, meaning that the temporal response is fairly predictable from looking at magnitude response charts alone, a.k.a. "frequency response." Multi-driver systems, ones with crossovers specifically, will diverge from minimum phase and add allpass components.

Overlooking the omnipresent issues (track choice, coupler accuracy, listener mood):
-Tests used a single MOA for the bass with an internal microphone to compensate for fitting issues. The internal mic fails to control for transmission line resonances, but why would they not offer an MOA for the highs?
-Other tests present the target response compared to the measured response of several dozen in-ears. While it did seem to be preferred among the ones tested, it is also worth remembering that Theile's diffuse-field target was preferred to the headphones tested at the time. Harman's AE/OE target (Convention paper 9919) was sometimes less preferred to other headphone responses by various listener segments.

>Harman room curve
A key point that Floyd Toole tries to drive in about room curves is that there is no such general thing. The in-room response reflects the speaker and its spatial response. One of the byproducts of CEA-2034, the "spinorama", is that it can coarsely construct the in-room target for a given speaker given some assumptions about the room.

This image is hilarious, the definition of “sound quality” here is “how closely it matches the Harman target (which plenty of people dislike by the way). Yeah, no shit there’s no correlation between price and whether or not something happens to measure similarly to an arbitrary target. Wow, what a revelation.

Just got my new moonfuck analdrip pros and man are these things great! Talk about bang for your buck, huh? I mean, my only prior equipment to these were stock apple earbuds plus I'm partially deaf in one ear, but to me they sound pretty much perfect. Great tonality and soundstage (am I using that right?)
You even get a cute anime girl on the box! Love em

good doujin

$40, lower is better
Phone
US
IEM
irrelevant, just for 48kbps audiobooks
throwaway pieces of shit I don't know the model number of

I'm looking for something with very good sound isolation but still comfortable to sleep with, so no super deep penetrating ones or ones that stick far out of the ear. Bonus points if the cable is sturdy since I'll tug on it rolling over in my sleep

I just bought tin t2s boys

>irrelevant, just for 48kbps audiobooks
dropped
>Bonus points if the cable is sturdy since I'll tug on it rolling over in my sleep
man you are an ideal use case for BT just get some i10 tws airpod chink clones FFS..

nice one matey... i use mine with this cheap BT cable and they sound great and are super convenient

aliexpress.com/item/32814067279.html

[pic related]

Attached: IMG_7623.jpg (3264x2448, 941K)

>Budget: 500 USD
>Source: iPhone X and 2014 Macbook Pro
>Location: California, US
>IEM(In ears)/ Earbuds: IEM
>Sound Signature(or genres you like): Bassy and "fun"
> Past Gear and your thoughts on them: Sony MDRXB50AP Extra Bass Earbud, they're alright but I'm looking for something that sounds better in every way, with more bass

But doesnt using a bluetooth adapter kind of defeat the purpose of having iems by dimishing sound quality?

Fearless S8f

>10 tws airpod
Those don't isolate worth shit, plus they are large and probably very uncomfortable to lie on. Care to try again?

Nope. I have a DSD DAP and happily spend all day with my BT T2 connected to macbook air and phone ... truth is BT 4.0 with AAC is transparent and you only need wires to push real Hi-Res. The T2 with that cable is an amazing combo trust me.

Alright ill have to try it user. My t2s will be here Saturday cant wait

Nope.
>plus they are large and probably very uncomfortable to lie on.
> airpod / clone
> large
you are bonkers that earbud profile is about as low profile as you can get. And if your want isloation then you need something that goes in deep your ear and you dont want that. Totally contradictory.

so user, what’s your /iem/ of choice

Attached: C5F81D48-3060-48C8-92B9-7C962134553E.jpg (3737x2640, 1.62M)

Thoughts on MoonDrop?
Are they really good?

I need a recommendation. I've never had any good iems, just the really cheap ones

>Budget
Maximum of 100€, but I prefer somewhere around 50€
>Source
Phone mostly but might use it for PC as well
>Location
Germany
>Type
IEM
>Sound Signature
I listen to a lot of different stuff, but Melodic Hardcore is the genre I listen to the most
>Past Gear
5€ shit, horrible obviously

Attached: tumblr_p701chFo5n1qb86xno1_r1_1280.jpg (1080x1080, 137K)

Kanas Pro and KXXS are decent but IGOR at audiobudget recently slayed the cresent ...... LOL

audiobudget.com/product/MoonDrop/Crescent

Looking to get a pair of IEMs or Earphones. They will be mostly used for communication, rather than music, meaning the microphone quality would be more important than the sound profile.

>Budget
Up to £100. However, since I feel my requirements are fairly minimal, around £30 would be optimal.
>Source
Bluetooth
>Requirements for Isolation
This would be low priority
>Preferred Type of Headphone
IEM/Earphone
>Preferred tonal balance
Will be used mostly for voices (calls/podcasts)
>Past headphones
Sennheiser HD 558, Koss Porta Pro
>Preferred Music
Rock, Hip Hop, Funk
>Location
UK

As I mentioned at the top, the most important features would be:
>Microphone quality
>Wireless

Cute

kxxs

Is this post throwing some dirt on based KXXS?

His graph of them isnt even correct. like holy shit he cant be this deaf. even people in the audio budget discord were questioning that review

Are you the user with the EX800? I've been looking on some impressions of them since im thinking of buying them soon

Honestly, why do you want to buy the ex800 over headphones or speakers?
They have zero isolation, so you can't use them while traveling.
So except for portability, what do these have over open back headphones and speakers at a similar price?

because i prefer the form factor of iems to headphones and speakers. i can deal with little to no isolation because ill be mostly using them around my house and maybe outside when im running or biking. the lack of isolation might even benefit those activities since i can hear people or cars around me. plus from what ive been told the sound signature is just what im looking for. im really looking for something with nice clean mids and bass and rolled but accurate treble.

What are the options when it comes to true wireless budget headphones?

I don't need audiophile level audio since its bluetooth, just general day to day use.

>apple dongle still undefeated

high end audio is a joke

Apple dongle gang. Just wish the USB C version didnt have issues with volume

>Undefeated
In terms of value yes. In raw performance musiland dongles are the best performing measured I think.

How does the v80 fair these days? Should I upgrade or not?

is apple dongle a DAC?

Due to the QC issues its not good at all. Look at something like the moondrop spaceship or crescent

You didnt know that?

How much are those musiland ones? Can you get them off Ali?

nup

What doujin

I need new tips for my Ikko OH10.
The nozzles are the same size as the OH1 I think, and they're too short. Noise isolation is kinda bad.

Which tips should I buy?
I'm used to silicon tips but I don't mind trying foam tips. I just need something that fits both the Ikko and my ears.

>"pricey for a single dynamic driver"
Uh is this guy retarded?

-Budget is 40 bucks
-Source is iPhone 5S/ anything with 3.5mm jack
-Canada
-Earbuds (silicone itches my ear canal)
-Sound profile as similar to generic apple earbuds or better/need good bass above all
-Been using wired Apple earbuds and they’re ok, but not the best sound. Used Coloud’s Zoundlasso earbuds and I loved them, for both design and sound profile, but they cost lots and broke after a year.

Can you recommend amazon.ca goods only? Sites like alibaba take 2 months to ship their goods last time I checked. thanks

Attached: F0C3E842-F5D8-4D46-9ED9-6940C03FB1CD.jpg (4410x2550, 1.15M)