How long does it takes to learn Javascript?

Studying 5h a day.

Attached: download.png (225x225, 2K)

1 month

Depends, do you know a C based language already? If so, like a week. Most trouble is setting up it's retarded environment.

Learn as you go, what kind of faggot actually studies a language.

however long it takes you to read and apply YDKJS

t. hobbyist

easy to learn but
if you want to learn BEST PRACTICES get ready to dedicate 6 months just until you have your personal cheatsheet
thats because all tutorials get outdated every month
theres 20 ways to do the same shit
preprocessors
you think 'fuck it, just going to use whatever' but then you'll get cruficied by people reviewing your code (e.g. potential employers)

That's a stupid metric. How long does it take to become fluent in French? According to what learning method? Are you a visual learner? Auditory? Kinesthetic?
If you wanna learn, focus on doing projects and becoming part of the JS community, not "If I study this for X weeks, I'll magically get the label of 'developer'".

1 day :P if you know another language already

>Are you a visual learner? Auditory? Kinesthetic?
When will this shitty meme die already?

Do you already know typescript? If so then it should be pretty easy.

Pls be memeing

Attached: screen0003.png (1280x640, 2.73M)

>Retarded Environment
All you need for a fucking JS environment is a working Text Editor and Browser. Idk what youve been working with. Node isnt even hard to install either. Go back to scratch

>Webpack, Babel, Grunt, linter, framework
Also it isn't hard, just a hassle, particularly in comparison to learning the language itself

the javascript rabbithole goes deep.
learn a framework and see what i mean.

Theres a faggot sittng on my bus reading this thread

Hey James

>Webpack, Babel, Grunt
None of those are part of javascript. Just because they're tools you use for the way you use Javascript, doesn't mean everyone uses them or that they're a fundamental part of the language that people need to learn alongside it.

you can test out javascript without using those tools, frameworks are sometimes just a simple tag away, browsers also have built-in tools for troubleshooting and debugging. i dont think you need all those fancy jazz early in your study imo, but it's nice to know once you get to advanced web development and javascript concepts.

>don't worry you don't need to learn 200 different frameworks and tools
yeah if you want a job you don't need anything, not even taking a daily shower
for the rest of us get ready to learn one framework and tool per week until the end of times
on each cycle all the components get thrown in the trash, and each time a new dashed suffix gets added
welcome to react-bootstrap-4-calendar-ts-reddit-adapter-spaghetti-vue

A few years. Or at least a year. Everyone who says otherwise actually doesn't know JS, they know some basic shit and rely on libraries and frameworks to do the pulling for them.

Ask them to explain proxies or symbols and they're stumped.

>rely on libraries and frameworks to do the pulling for them
Even if you know JS, this is what you'll be spending most of your time doing anyway. Why even bother?