Linux hell

-running Ubuntu 18.04.2
-downloaded LXQT
-when I try to log into LXQT I get this black screen of death (see pic)

been searching for a solution for like an hour and have zero fucking luck. any advice bros?

t. retard

Attached: black screen.png (1366x768, 4K)

just upgrade to 19.04

can you login? if not, then Ctrl+Alt+F2 to access tty and debug via command line.
if you can login, then I don't know how to fix lxqt
stick to xfce or something

when I log into LXQT I get the black screen I can right click and the basic desktop options (change background color, new folder, etc)

Ctrl+Alt+F2 doesn't pull up the command line

>linux hell
>running Ubuntu
stopped reading right there

you faggots were the ones who told me to start learning on Ubuntu

generally dont switch DEs like that especially if theyre different frameworks like gtk and qt. Try switching to a distro that provides lxqt by default.

Originally downloaded LXQT from the command line, I'm going to try downloading direct from the Lubuntu site and see if that version runs better

blacklist lxqt until they add dual-pane to pcmanfm-qt

wut? I used to do that all the time. It takes a little bit of work, but its not hard.

Ok, tell us. What have you learned?

We probably said Lubuntu, or Xubuntu. Ubuntu is trash and we say this repeatedly. Its your fault for your selective hearing

It's exactly the same as installing lubuntu-desktop, restarting, and choosing lxqt/lubuntu/whatever the option is on the login screen, did you do that?

I told you to NOT use linux and stick to windows.
Because, I fucking knew this thread will happen!

Anything happen when you right click? Im pretty sure lxde and lxqt use openbox as a base.

xfce and i3 are the only options

>Im going to download my GUI from some place other than the package manager
fucking disgusting

You probably need to change your login manager.

just pop in a live usb, mount your drive, chroot into it and remove the de and install some other shit.

Attached: 201-2015767_a-3d-linux-mint-logo-linux-mint-3d.jpg (820x581, 98K)

are you retarded? you listened to some neets living in their basement telling you to install linux? you fucking deserve this fuck face

Attached: 1564562618827.png (646x584, 61K)

This unironically

You still here OP? Is that after typing in your password on the login screen?