Just how badly has Apple screwed up the entire cell phone world, Jow Forums?

Just how badly has Apple screwed up the entire cell phone world, Jow Forums?

fujitsu.com/global/about/resources/news/press-releases/2011/0721-01.html

To think, we could have gotten something like pic related dominating the market, or maybe even a real variety in form factors, but instead, we get iToys and iToy clones. Flip phones these days target only the senior market, and the senior market sucks. There's no high-end flagship flip phones, or sliders, or slab phones with a keyboard.

Attached: 20150516-fujitsu-smallpc (8).jpg (750x555, 123K)

Ask yourself OP, what exactly do you even want a phone like that for. If you really want a keyboard phone, you could just get a blackberry key2. If you just want a handheld windows machine so you can play your dumbass roguelikes, just get a gpd win.

Phones like these exist and you can still buy shit like these today.

People don't because if you recall these phones they generally had bad issues with sliders giving out, limited battery functionality, and low specs.

Also touch screens aren't as bad as they were in like andriod 4.0/4.1 times. Ever since 5.1 keyboards work pretty damn well, upgrade your shit phone you retard. A 150 dollar phone these days works just fine.

>Phones like these exist and you can still buy shit like these today
link pl0x

BlackBerry Keyone or pic related, also a slew of other chink phones with them. There also a bunch of cases with a flip keyboard out. S8 has an attachable keyboard for example

Attached: dims.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

I think that retard means you can buy the 10 year old product, not new and improved versions of the concept.

I used to absolutely hate touchscreen keyboards, but honestly nowadays it's fine.
However, the one thing I will always hate is trying to move around the text cursor with your fingers, which is imprecise as fuck and it's downright impossible to actually get it to go where you want. on-screen arrow keys like on a keyboard would be helpful for this though.

Why not have both in one device? Give it top specs a 7" 16:9 display and a replaceable battery and I'd pay a grand. So what if battery life isn't that great if you can carry a spare

Pic related is the only landscape slide out keyboard phone to release in the last 5 years. And you can't get one yet. That just proves OP's poit.

>Phones like these exist and you can still buy shit like these today.
The market is much, much smaller than it could have been; there's just too many iPhones and iClones. If you want a high-end smartphone that's not an iPhone/iClone, your options are very limited, and you pretty much have to look into importing them from China/Korea/Japan to get anything good, which is a headache because the phone might not work outside of its country of manufacture. What happened to simply going to your local store and finding 50 different form factors?

>limited battery functionality and low specs.
They could easily make sliders/flips today with battery lives and specs that match any iClone. I'll give you sliders giving out, though.

>upgrade your shit phone you retard.
I will not, as along as iPhones and iPhone clones dominate the market. I will stick with my basic flip for now.

Attached: 1476902265306.jpg (800x1700, 747K)

Black BerryKey and Key2 launched within 5 years and have a bottom keyboard.

The overall market does not care for one at this point enough to make one. There are also attachable devices that fit on phones for a keyboard. There is not enough of a market to justify keyboards on phones anymore for production for mass markets.

I use to be against them but I got a decent phone and it's not been an issue in the past 4-5 years.

>that pic
I have an intel phone, it sucks ass
>basic flip
Dunno why you don't know that there are a slew of Andriod flip phones. Take it you've never been to japan or korea?

I mentioned in that post that importing a high-end flip/slider from China/Korea/Japan is an option, but it's a hassle: is it the right wireless technology? Is it unlocked? If something doesn't work, does the seller even accept returns?

It is quite frustrating that it's come to that. I remember that 10 years ago in the US, you could go to the store and find all sorts of different form factors, targeting both the high-end, middle, and low-end markets. Everything these days is just the same buttonless rectangle, or shitty senior flips. Maybe we get one or two high-end BlackBerrys with a keyboard, but we could have had so much more.

>I want thing
>thing exists
>I don't want to do work to get thing

Cry more about it fag

>locked down ARMshit
Into the trash it goes.

>2 phones out of thousands released, and they aren't even the same thing
Wow what options.

Classic, Passport, Passport SE, P'9983, and Priv

>intel
enjoy your 30 minute battery life

The Intel mobile processors had a huge battery and heat problem. Android can run on x86 or arm or mips even. Arm dominated not as a conspricy but because it offered better performance.

That piece of unusable gimmick shit was a one-off publicity stunt in a market dominated by BlackBerry Javashit and geriatric Winmo 6 devices, it wasn't dominating anything.

Nobody wants to run Windows 7 and fully fledged desktop software on a weak-ass brick with a fucking 3-inch display but retards who have never actually done so and just think it sounds cool. At best we could have looked forward to more Javabortions and maybe some neat gimmick from Palm or Microshit, Apple didn't deny you shit, if anything they're the only reason you even give a shit about phones to begin with because they made them attractive for toy-seeking idiots by opening the cellular data floodgates through sheer demand.

Eh... their shit was actually pretty competitive as far as cpu went. They just had shit radios and shit software (lmfao windows).

Quite true that without the influx of normie money in the industry it could be much farther behind. But why then was there so much hype about the surface phone rumor. There's a considerable market for people that want just one computer that you could use as a phone or tablet or dock it to have a PC. I don't think we're quite there yet but what op was saying is maybe we could be if other manufacturers weren't all following bullshit apple trends

>pic
well I have samsung dex

This and flip controllers like the one in the xperia play are literally everything I expect in my future phone. Otherwise, I'll stay with my Xperia XA2 until it dies. It's not like I'm going to play SoulCalibur II or Melee with touch controls

That was my thought as well. Dex is still a thing that Samsung supports. It's not something that they push in advertising. But from what I know, it's even more versatile now because you don't even need one of their docks to run it. It works on an S10 with just a USB-C to HDMI cable.

>it's apple's fault for knowing what the market wanted
>it's apple's fault that companies that had resources could've tried experimenting but didn't bother because they knew their devices would never be anything more than niche products
to the gulag comrade

>Eh... their shit was actually pretty competitive as far as cpu went.
No it fucking wasn't nor is it. I have a Zenfone 2 4GB model on my shelf. It SUCKS DICK.

It was fine when it was new but apps were still sluggish and andriod was constantly needing hotfixes to run right from asus, battery life was a joke as was heat.
>t-that's just asus
Asus did the phone the best it could do, but at the end of the day no one gave a shit for intels model

>virgin airlines

Manufacturers started racing to make the thinnest phones and laptops when most people would gladly carry a thicc phone for better performance or more features.