Let's make monitors bigger so that more stuff can fit on the screen

> Let's make monitors bigger so that more stuff can fit on the screen
> Hey, monitors are big now, let's make everything gigantic so that less stuff can fit on the screen

Attached: gnome_fig_1.png (800x596, 398K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/opal/opal/issues/941
stopthemingmy.app/
bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=141154
gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/233
samuelhewitt.com/blog/2018-08-05-moving-beyond-themes
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=GNOME-Inclusion-Diversity-Team
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>hey let's squint at tiny details on screens

eyelet

Smarter you are the less your brain has available bio ram to handle sight.

Who the fuck cares about desktop?

It's because a bunch of low IQ boomers got into computers and now everything needs to be made so they can use and they're all old with decomposing eyes.

>allowing yourself to be trampled by the foot
Install Slackware with XFCE

brain are not based on von neumann architecture

that's unironically good

smol tiny panel icons are cancer

>he doesn't have LPDDR5xBIO ram

all modern apps are polluted by GTK3, there is no escape

is it time for the gtk dump again?

Attached: 🙉.png (1333x620, 144K)

>oops went one directory level too deep, lets save in the parent directory instead

Attached: gtk_save_to_parent_dir.webm (1024x768, 2.05M)

>guys bugzilla works without javascript and does not use enough vertical space
>it does not even have thumbnail previews
>lets change to a web 5.0 issue tracker

Attached: gnome_from_bugzilla_to_gitlab.png (1260x752, 106K)

>you do not have to use gnome if you do not want to :^)
>((but we will still push everybody to adopt it so that you have no choice later on))

Attached: gtkdevs.png (873x586, 76K)

>NO
>DONT WANNA
>*wontfixes*

Attached: mc2.png (1002x330, 39K)

>text is 8x8
>icons are 8x8
>
>text is 8x16
>icons are 16x16
>
>text is 8x16
>icons are 32x32
>
>text is vectors
>icons are 48x48
>
>text is vectors
>icons are 64x64
>icons are vectors

What the fuck happened bros

>"but the new searching when you type instead of jumping to the file is disliked by many, could we have an option fo-"
>I SAID DONT WANNA

Attached: literally_a_foot.png (1540x1067, 243K)

>what is an XFCE?

Attached: 1543170427644.png (678x757, 88K)

windows doesn't have this problem.

windows scale icons and text that it recognizes, on modern monitors its usually around 200%. Its hillarious because shit like epic games launcher is programmed so bad it doesnt notice, and you get a tiny window for ants while everything is else is big and readable

He is right, who gives a shit about Xfeces or other irrelevant DEs/WMs with 0.5% of Linux markets hare

>so I heard you like using vertical space

Attached: BIGGER.png (1620x932, 174K)

why are you blocking things out? you some kind of pedo?

I dont wanna get bullied for having an overwatch directory and directories of 4-5 characters in my bookmarks :3

Dear Chekov
Please move the wessel into orbit

>His brain is not based on the von Neumann architecture
Dude, are you on a Harvard architecture? Why even live? What were your parents even thinking?

>implying people use the application overview
You just type the first few letters of the program you want to open and hit enter.

>or other irrelevant DEs/WMs with 0.5% of Linux markets hare
No DEs/WMs are relevant for Linux with its market share, most Linux is run under /dev/tty0

>text is vectors
It's not that bad if the fonts weren't shit

Attached: shit.png (225x17, 474)

God it feels so good to be back in Windows 7 after a couple of months under GNOME. Holy fuck. Everything is so fast. You double-click a text file and a text editor appears instantly. You click an image and an image viewer appears with zero delay.

> implying app overview is the only thing in gnome/gtk that is needlessly gigantic

Maybe you should've looked for a less bloated image viewer / text editor then.

They go too far with the padding by default, but you can fix that by using a different theme.

Feel free to submit a patch instead of whining like a wintard.

did you not hear what he said? he does not want there to be an option

>submit a patch
>get denied
lol

You mean vi?

fucking GTK file pickers
there is still no thumbnails mode

UWU NOTABUG WONTFIX :3

Attached: square_2.jpg (706x709, 168K)

Utter cancer. Fuck Gnome and anyone who uses that trash.

github.com/opal/opal/issues/941

but everything in linux has always been gigantic

only in GTK
at least GTK2 had normal window borders

Dude what.

gtk 3 itself isnt that bad. however javascript written gtk with client side decorations enabled are. that is disabled by default outside gnome

>create everything fuckYOOGE big
>complain later about being "Not small-factor friendly"
You can't just make this shit up

fat headerbars are not disabled outside gnome

Attached: headerbar.png (277x164, 5K)

> javascript written gtk

C-written gedit running on c-written gtk is slower than any js in-browser code editor.

It's not the language.

Just use literally anything other than shitawaita

>Gnome
>SystemD
>Red Hat
The bad guys. If you use any of these you're probably evil enough to kill a puppy.

They're planning to remove themes completely. Soon, there will be nothing but Adwaita.

stopthemingmy.app/

This is the Jow Forums AI tranny simulator right ? People like this dont exist irl

making stuff big is the same as making it small factor friendly
because phoneposters struggle to push tiny buttons or read text that has not been padded and scaled up to hell and beyond

bugzilla is simple, legible, and beautiful compared to gitlabs issues
> bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=141154
> gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/233

Attached: foot.png (300x100, 11K)

The most horrifying thing is GNOME is unavailable on phones

Gnome devs live in a fantasy world where it is. Linux is a make-believe operating system.

Gitlab looks much better on a phone IMO

thats only for gtk applicatons that explicitly enable client side decorations. For example no xfce/lxde application have this issue. You can force disable it for all applications (also on gnome) with an environment variable set. i forgot the name of it though.

but who does development work from a phone?

Did you ever read the letter beyond the headline?

Yeah I read a lot of shit from GTK devs. They do want to ditch theming.

Then why post a link, where they don't say it?

C doesn't allow you to create efficient abstractions, this is why C-based toolkits are slow as fuck - slower than JS - because they have no choice but contain a shitty dynamic VM implementation.

it's like you didn't even _read_ Fahrenheit 451.
big screens are the whole point.
eventually your house won't even have windows.
remember books? lol

The website is in line with their general idea, and probably was created for the sole purpose of faking a "popular demand".

>The website is in line with their general idea
So they don't actually want to remove theming. Got it.

Of course they do samuelhewitt.com/blog/2018-08-05-moving-beyond-themes

>It should go without saying that these are my own opinions.
But of course you will just ignore this. After all GNOME is conspiring against your precious themes. People saying that these are just their personal opinions is surely just a part of their master plan.

t. gnome shill

You can deselect the folder by holding CTRL and clicking it.

thanks
how recently was this added?

>retarded program uses gtk for the save dialog
>filename appears as "selected text"
>starts typing and press enter
>instead of saving the file it does a recursive search in the current directory

stfu zoomer fag

This. Brainlets bitch and claim Gnome has no customization. There's virtually nothing you can do in any other DE that can not be done in Gnome, with equal or better results.

Cry more, pussy. Gnome's coming to get you. He's gonna give you a wedgie and stuff you in a locker, nerd.

>Not using Xfce
If I wanted bloat and lag I would use windows 10.

>One mans opinions = the directives of the entire project
This is some Twitter-tier logic, butt-wipe.

Preach it, brother!!!*

[bbcode{font=ComicSans,size=2px}]*with extensions that break every single update, make your DE even worse than GN*ME, memory leaks, CPU hog, have to review code to avoid getting malware, >JavaScript

fucking boomer

This is exactly the type of misinformed bullshit I was talking about. I love it when non-users of a given software, attempt to tell people who use it, what the experience is like.

I used GN*ME for a couple of months on F*dora until I was Fedup. That's literally the experience of many people, I know it because that's what people are always complaining about on Reddit. Thanks for the gold.

Redditors complain about everything

Why is it that reddit opinions are always the least informed, yet, they manage to gain so much traction elsewhere? I'm so sick of seeing these fags with their faggy attempts at activism, shitting up the forums of my favorite Linux software. It's free software, retards. If you don't like it, make your own. If you came to my house and told me I was cooking my dinner wrong and I need to do something about it, I'd put my foot in your ass, and throw you out. Contribute, or shut the fuck up and don't use the product.

Well go ahead and debunk my claims about how GN*ME works.
Btw you can find a lot of GN*ME devs on reddit.
Pic related is a stool sample of how it usually goes.

Attached: gn*me.png (1768x750, 66K)

this is unironically good
I don't play csgo on my linux machine retard, no need to shoot to pixel wide icons with the mouse when doing work.

wrong, they are the good guys

Again, a Gnome developer does not represent the entire project. It's funny how retards like yourself have selective memory about things like this. Remember the fiasco with the Gimp project? Remember the outrage about all of those people who contribute nothing of actual value to the project, demanding certain changes be made by the actual developers? There are tons of people who contribute things that require little to no skill, calling themselves developers. It's like a placeholder for them to insert themselves into situations they feel like stirring shit in.
Fuck reddit and fuck anyone trying to politicize my operating system.

Wat. Why are you going on a tangent. My claims about GN*ME The Shitty DE still stand if you have to nitpick about my shitpost image. Change My View if you can XDDD

> Remember the fiasco with the Gimp project?

What fiasco? Gimp is one big fiasco. It's been around for 30 years and is still a complete non-entity in the art and design world. The project is a total failure.

you just have to look at krita or blender to see how a project should be conducted
gimp also has a bad smell because of that, when you dont trust the project owners you'll feel way less inclined to change your workflow
its a dead end

here's a new one, only 20 minutes old

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=GNOME-Inclusion-Diversity-Team

The person in your pick is a "Gnome developer", but developer is a very loose term in the open source community. Lot's of people contribute shit like translations from english to french, and nonsense like that and call themselves developers. I'm saying all of this reddit outrage should be taken with a grain of salt because no single developer represents a project as large as Gnome. As for changing your mind, I'd sooner train my dog to program, than waste my time convincing an obvious dipshit like you.

>What fiasco?
Crippled nigs and trannies calling themselves developers demanded the project rename itself to something less offensive. New levels of grasping at straws were reached.

Modern GUI trends and development is a great argument for having just stayed with 80x25 text interfaces.

I'm fine with Gimp being renamed to Special Needs Graphics Editor.

If the actual developers chose to do that, it would be their business, not mine. If they wanted to name it I eat shit and masturbate to Elvis, it wouldn't effect the way the software functions.

Xfce, and so many other DEs and WMs would be great if they weren’t infected with gtk/Aids.
At least qt doesn’t actively despise the user.

>At least qt doesn’t actively despise the user.
No, just their drive space and eyeballs.

>github.com/opal/opal/issues/941
Adam Beynon
adambeynon is the biggest nigger

Attached: 1564625272048.jpg (944x1108, 331K)

so one of the lead devs for glib/gtk and contributor to many of the utilities and the shell doesn't represent the gn*me project
k