Why do people still use Windows XP?

Why do people still use Windows XP?

Attached: coffee-winXP.jpg (1920x1080, 267K)

Boomers keep booming.

God Emperor wills it

>for the cool desktop background?
In all seriousness tho some companies literally just cant be assed upgrading the os, especially if the computer didnt really do much or was just left sitting there most of the time. At least thats what it was like where i worked

I doubt "people" do.
Business definitely do, though.

Reason: Reliance on software that doesn't run on Win 7, Linux, or any remotely decent alternative.

Reliance on outdated software that's still required for enterprise use

Because most people don't re-install OSes. They bought a machine which, to them, is a black box and use it. As long as it's not broken, they don't want to change anything.

peak comfy

The only people that do are just isolated bands of neophobic zealots.

>not using the muscle car of the operating systems

>enterprise

A thing I have been wondering about for ages:
What exactly is the reason to use "enterprise" software?
"Enterprise" at first glance only means you pay more.

why do people still use Ford Galaxy 500?

Why do incel virgin beta neckbeards use linux?

you'd be surprised at how much software works only on XP

Or propriety industrial PCI/ISA interface cards with finicky drivers that have to be used with said software.

Attached: bruh41.gif (498x278, 1.69M)

Everyone keeps saying enterprise.
Name 1 fucking enterprise thing that only runs on fucking XP?
Have your shitty IT guys even TRIED to move it to a newer OS?

I'm sick of this shit. I've heard it 100 times and all of those, the software worked fine in win 7 with workarounds.

One of our clients had a quoting and inventory system strictly built around XP. It used comparability layers in 7 that were stripped in 10. They have to build all new applications and port the data for end of life if 7.

>Name 1 fucking enterprise thing that only runs on fucking XP?
Various old CNC machines and software controlled lathes. You didn't need to pretend that you were retarded this hard, user.

Like I said, 7. So no one is using XP then.

But you just have no way to test if it works in a newer version of windows though. The same with medical machines, like CTs and MRIs. Try migrating their software and see if it works user. Just because you are afraid to touch it, doesn't mean it won't work

>But you just have no way to test if it works in a newer version of windows though.
Do you honestly think people are too retarded to just get a box with a newer Windows, install the software on it, put it next to the machine and try it? How fucking brain damaged are you?

Yes, that is exactly what I think. And I KNOW it's also what's happening because that's what I keep seeing everywhere.
Mostly because they will lose any support and/or warranty for it. Or because they are just plain useless.

Sure thing kid. People who would have to buy a new machine for 20 to 30 grand are too dumb to just try it with a new PC for 500 bucks.

Nah I replaced about 6 XP workstations in February and April of 2019.

there is literally nothing wrong with using windows xp

Well the one thing I can name that I know about specifically is the manager software for Prodys IKUS and Nomada codecs
So software bound to professional hardware used in the broadcasting industry

Were they at least running the POS version?
In that case early 2019 would be acceptable.

money

Attached: 00-top.jpg (400x225, 22K)

Professional lol

Using xp online in a business environment should be illegal and it already is in some because of hipaa/pcidss.

Where I work, UK public hospital, there's a bunch of medical equipment that plugs in to the computers, however in some cases the contracts have ended with the software suppliers/companies go out of business/budget hasn't been in place to upgrade in the last 10 years. So we keep a few boxes running xp (off the network) until there's an opportunity to do an overhaul in those areas... which may not be for a while.

Attached: ClpG_SWItsWorking.gif (400x170, 1.24M)

>Reliance on software that doesn't run on Win 7, Linux, or any remotely decent alternative.
This, My company still has windows 2000 running on old equipment because the required software will not run on anything newer.

Companies will upgrade when there is a business reason to do so.

XP works fine in a lot of settings, as long as it's not connected to the internet it's pretty safe.

There are people who still use early dual core and single core machines, and XP is the best version of Windows for those. There are also people who don't like the changes MS have made starting with Vista, and are basically just hanging onto what they deemed the last truly good version for as long as possible. I was one of those until about a year ago.

People aren't so clueless that they don't know what the NHS is.

I think all the remaining XP/Vista machines should be rounded up and either Linuxed/Windows 10ed or if they can't run that be either scrapped or put in some boomer's collection.

>Reliance on software that doesn't run on any remotely decent alternative
>Like Linux
I haven't laughed so hard in my life.

Some people are just too stupid or too lazy to change.
Like, I know one who doesn't change off WinXP with "my laptop is too shit to run anything else" - I being the Win10 fanboy I am suggested him to run Debian instead because he can't play games anyway, he's not a dev, and only things he does with his laptop are browsing the Internet or watching anime meaning there's nothing a Linux distro couldn't handle - he told me "nah" meaning he was too stupid and too lazy to change.

native is best and most compatible.
having to worry about drivers is just a hassle. some don't exist because nobody expects you to be running a 64 mb ram system on windows 7