PCI Retention Brackets

What do you do when you're missing the system specific PCI card retainer? Dell loves to use these, providing no means to use screws. Even between other Dell models they use different brackets for no discernible reason (pic related, note screw placement). They're really hard to find and purchase.
Any means to improvise another way?

Attached: index.jpg (760x800, 120K)

The cheapest replacements on ebay start at $25 with shipping. And they don't even match.

What are they even called exactly?

Just make them by hand.

Attached: 1549369966949.png (830x614, 165K)

Drill a hole and put a M3 bolt with a nut in there.

dell !

Attached: 10453322-6760309-image-a-37_1551442332382.jpg (634x831, 80K)

good thread OP
these are long gone

Throw out whatever fucking case is using these you ninny.

Just stick whatever fits. Cut some tin or whatever.

If you really were concerned about your retention, you wouldn't have lost it in the first place

get over your autism and just let the cards dangle or figure out something
making a thread to satisfy your autism makes you a faggit

sage

This

self tapping 1/2 inch screws will fix it

I use a wood block and woodscrews to hold my optiplex cards in place

> What do you do when you're missing the system specific PCI card retainer?
I threw away a lot of them during PC fixing. They only complicate things since any card is free to pop out with this "retention".

No, the other hooking parts aren't aligned, the spacing and size are off. Not by much, but enough to block a fit without completely warping, bending and destroying the works.

Make your own.
Take a piece of sheet aluminum, bend it, drill holes, affix screws.

It's not complicated. You have the case. You have cards. You have the IEEE specification for mounting hardware. Grab your calipers and start making measurements.

Use normal screws if there are holes. Leave it otherwise. If cards are actually sagging and coming out a lot, get a new case.

>if there are holes
No holes, only half circles to match the bracket appendages.
I'm not getting a new case just for this. Besides, Vostros have nice front panel aesthetics.

Attached: indecaa.jpg (512x341, 29K)

Then leave the cards flapping around or try to rig your own bracket. Duct tape may be an option as well, though it's a bit ghetto and makes it more annoying if you need it pull cards.

>Then leave the cards flapping around
Uh, no.

You're not moving it around much, it's a desktop. If you have a heavy card like a GPU, make sure it's adequately supported. Other lightweight cards without heavy coolers don't need to be screwed in if the machine is just sitting on a desk.

buy a new case from corsair or silverstone, throw the dell crap into the trash can.

this is kind of the catch to using these old cases op

buy another of the same model and take its bracket, cmon op. you knew you were getting into this when you bought an office prebuilt.

If you have another brackets that's not compatible get a drill and a dremel and go to work.
The only dell desktops I ever worked with were optiplex's and dimension's when I was doing desktop support and they didn't have these brackets. But It's not like these are special or any thing they're just chinese pot steel so you should be able to modify one to line up with all of the tabs and screw holes.

take measurements and 3d print one. lots of free ones at your friendly local uni or library if you don't have one.

Lay the tower sideways

real solution imo

Off yourself then for being a stubborn tard.

you are the stubborn tard op. either make a bracket yourself like everybody suggested or buy a new case. fractal design has some nice, boxy, flat, understated cases if that's your thing.

>optiplex didn't have these brackets
What are you talking about? Optiplex do use brackets and they're even worse. The only main difference is they aren't screwed into place.

Attached: ivdex.jpg.jpg (512x341, 24K)

OH MAN!