He doesn't build his own os from scratch to use as his daily driver

>he doesn't build his own os from scratch to use as his daily driver
never going to make it

Attached: 1563857578140.png (1020x814, 524K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.osdev.org/Tutorials
youtu.be/YfTAezcRPs8
littleosbook.github.io/
github.com/SerenityOS/serenity/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

stop shitposting Andreas, get back to the pull requests.

andreas is a legend and both a better programmer and a better man than 99.999% of people on this woeful subreddit

If I was making my own os from scratch I wouldn't make a shitty unix clone

oh look, it’s this thread again
brace for the salty underachiever army

Attached: FAD4018F-546F-4F58-9F76-B4CB4DB42D76.jpg (1024x872, 83K)

Bas3d

I want to make my own OS :(

feel free to make something aggressively unposixy and then spend the next twenty years of your life trying to get GCC and Vim to run on it

>GCC and Vim
>Not writing your own C compiler
>Not writing your own text editor
never going to make it

wiki.osdev.org/Tutorials

I didn't build it from scratch but it's actually got useful frameworks in it like wine [spoiler]it's based on freebsd[/spoiler]

Does this shit run on actual hardware like templeOS or is it limited to a gay VM?

t. brainlet

if somebody can make an operating system, they can write a C compiler and text editor.

>terry disappear
>andreas appear

Attached: AB7FC812-AE49-4AF6-BE2A-4CAB2390A9DE.png (750x1334, 1.28M)

I'm gonna make my OS in Go. Wish me luck!

unironically true

>yet another linux distro

Attached: 89e.jpg (680x383, 31K)

b&r

it’s not linux you dong

Another UNIX distro

youtu.be/YfTAezcRPs8
>1:50
i recognize that melody

You can make my dick hard :)

I love you dude
I am coding c++ c java and all that internet stuff (javascript ecc)
I never thought about making a os
Now I am in a train , just wait till I get home
I am going to code the shit out of me

Why do you make me feel like this andreas

Hello friends!
There's only one PR pending and I've already asked him to fix some stuff :)
user, pls
Why would you make a shitty anything?
I've always loved Unix, so of course I'll make my own Unix-like. That said, the majority of the Serenity codebase is its own idiomatic libraries, not "Unix stuff"
That pic is hilarious
That's awesome :) In addition to the OSDev wiki, check out this little book: littleosbook.github.io/
I'm not writing my own C++ compiler at the moment since it would take me way too long before it could compile Serenity, and I like what I'm working on at the moment. Maybe someday though!
Serenity only targets the QEMU virtual machine at the moment, to ease development. Personally I consider hardware support just another feature. I'm building a complete system here, not just a kernel, so this will take a long time anyway. Only developing on real hardware would seriously limit the pace at which I can progress.
Are you just memeing about macOS or are you actually building something?
(Related, I've seen much of the macOS source code and I know just how much it's "based on FreeBSD")
This is probably true, yeah. I tend to have dumb limiting beliefs about things like this though. Like "I could never write a compiler, it's too hard."
It's dumb but the way to get over these things is to just do the thing that seems impossible. Currently working on that with the operating system.
Good luck, user! I don't know much about Go, but I hope you succeed :)
It's not a Linux distro, it's a new operating system written from scratch: github.com/SerenityOS/serenity/
>I am going to code the shit out of me
Hell yeah user that's the spirit! :)
Not my screenshot, and I don't mean to make anyone feel bad. We're all gonna make it user.

Attached: cat-working-on-computer.jpg (990x660, 55K)

based andreas

>since it would take me way too long before it could compile Serenity
wouldnt that be your own fault if you were the one who wrote the compiler in the first place?

Well yeah, it would definitely be my own fault! I just mean that it would take me a long time to implement enough C++ support that I could build Serenity.
A C compiler would be significantly easier, but I'm not really interested in using such a limited language.

OP make sure to stay away from train tracks

>daily chauffeur

and intelligence agencies.. whatever the swedish equivalent of CIA is

why the fuck isnt your os forced to 640x480 resolution, 16-color display and single audio voice? are you some kinda satanist?

Holy shit, this is amazing.
Thanks user, imma try my hand at it

kill yourself you attention whore

>The 9th Satanic sin: Lack of Aesthetics
>This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing—it’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.