Long time Debian user since wheezy

>Long time Debian user since wheezy
>Was the total opposite of windows, free and open source, no forced updates, barely any updates. Upgrading once every 3 years, never broken a thing(except when I added sparklinux repos and that didn't break Debian but made the system call it SparkyLinux)
>2019
>Buster released
>Xfce feels buggy and can't even set the wallpaper right clicking on the picture, have to do it other(desktop settings)
>Old bugs keep falling behind, people not enthusiatic as solving thema s before
>Debian project is filled with SJWs, removing packages, alienating devs, and doing everything that they would hate being done to them
I feel like Debian is dying. I need something similar but without the politics. I tried Leap but didn't really like it. I think I'm fucked.

Attached: dl.jpg (1200x794, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Code_of_conduct
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Debian-AH-Archive-Removal
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Debian-AHT-June-2019
youtube.com/watch?v=hDd3bzA7450
gemmei.ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/debian-meetings/2016/miniconf_cambridge16/Diversity_and_Inclusion_BoF.webm
michael.stapelberg.ch/posts/2019-03-10-debian-winding-down/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you start taking the politics of distros devs to heart you're better off using windows.

you're ironically
the biggest cuck of them all OP
/thread

>I need something similar but without the politics
You're going to have to move away from GNU+CoC+Linux if that is the case

>I need something similar but without the politics
BSD has no trannies

Devuan, Gentoo

Anything corporate. CentOS/RHEL

ubuntu
not even joking

>Xfce
found your problem

OP here, I'm going for Arch. Looks like they have no place for politics so it's perfect for me.

>Long time Debian user
>since wheezy
fucking kids

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Code_of_conduct

Look at the retarded Archfag and laugh

>Debian project is filled with SJWs, removing packages, alienating devs, and doing everything that they would hate being done to them
Source?

Arch, RHEL, CentOS.

Arch users are elitist and have no problem alienating sjws.

RHEL/CentOS were made for business but are owned by the Jews. Development will follow the money.

Use 9 for a year or two longer then.

He's probably a member of the Arch misinformation campaign. If you convince new users that every other distro is shit, then Arch doesn't look so bad in comparison.

So OP is faggot

You're the retarded one
>There is no explicit list of topics considered to be "trollish", controversial or provocative, but in the past, posts pertaining to Religion, Sports, Race, Nationalism and Politics have invariably been closed. Therefore, specifically avoid these and all divisive topics in the Arch community. The staff certainly realize that such issues are deeply ingrained human realities. However, this is a technical community and is not intended nor able to effectively facilitate such commentary nor the resulting unrest.

>phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Debian-AH-Archive-Removal
>phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Debian-AHT-June-2019
And from their website(and this is easier to find than some iso images)
>How microaggressions are like mosquito bites (Fusion Video)
youtube.com/watch?v=hDd3bzA7450
>On privilege and what we can do about it
>DebConf infected with it too
gemmei.ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/debian-meetings/2016/miniconf_cambridge16/Diversity_and_Inclusion_BoF.webm
People in this video literally say how problematic it is to have only white straight people working in the same office
I've never used Arch, but it seems they're more concerned with their system than far left american propagandas so that's a win

Yes keep pretending this is nothing. Soon it will be renamed to debhug and everything that was good about it will not when devs keep feeling from the shit is it.

Yup just another paid shill but instead of money Archfags do it for forum cred. It's a sad, meaningless existence

I try to ignore the devs personal opinions, until it starts greatly effecting the OS itself

on sjw short ball - don't care and fuck off. gimp has dealt with it this way. it's just a meaningless heap of shit

I use Arch btw

OP here again, while the sjws are creeping into it if the system keeps being the same it has been then i'm not switching. I'll just filter any political crap I see from them(then again I think they're not devs anyway but they have power to alienate them). Hopefully things don't get worse.
Yes, I'm a faggot because I don't want to see things I always enjoyed and used destroyed by earth scum.

>I need something similar but without the politics.
then, Fedora or CentOS?
Really, Fedora has the most developers on systemd, gnome, xorg, and so on, you get the bugfixes actually tested in the environment you are using first (arch commits first but they don't test).
They commit bugfixes often, unlike debian.
Try the net installation, or a normal live iso and remove the packagekit/store bullshit, and add rpmfusion repository

>race and sex discussion not allowed
hmmmmmmm
>he thinks is just a meme
LOL michael.stapelberg.ch/posts/2019-03-10-debian-winding-down/
this, either Fedora, CentOS, RHEL Developer edition, or Arch, even Gentoo if you're into building most stuff from source (pedophile)

Compare the Ubuntu blog to the Debian blog.

This is why I've donated at least $150 in the past four years to the Linux Mint project. The dev is redpilled about Israel and doesn't want zionists using his OS.

Attached: 126659.jpg (640x480, 37K)

I've got the same feeling, and I would probably install debian 9 and update directly to sid till the october when I go to uni and then I would just finish my gentoo config

>Linux Mint
fucking retard

ubuntu is better than debian now, and if you like trying out lots of software Arch is pretty easy to switch over to

>Long time Debian user since wheezy
>long time
>wheezy
pick 1, loser
I've used it since 'Potato'
also fuck you

this
>5 years is a long time
lmao

This is a actually quite interesting for my research, thanks user.

I love the fact that boomer fights are a thing now on Jow Forums.

slackware welcomes you with open arms.

>are a thing now
you must be new here, loser

Slackware was where I went after Debian. Then stopped distro-hopping because I literally don't think it's possible for me to get a distro I'm more satisfied with.

Attached: Your-Cat-Oct-2017.jpg (324x458, 36K)

>people who are new anywhere are losers

Weird mindset.

installed Debian 10.0.0 with Cinnamon a week ago and works perfectly fine.