This is literally the VGA port of smartphones

This is literally the VGA port of smartphones.
I'm glad it's fucking dying. Now if all you boomer fucks could die with it too, the world would be a better place and technology wouldn't be held back by backwards obsolete crap.

Attached: How-to-clean-a-dirty-heaphone-jack-compressed.jpg (940x769, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/For-Google-Pixel-3-XL-Headphones-Xiaomi-Genuine-Black-Usb-C/352682478801
amazon.de/s?k=usb-c pixel headphones
gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_6_vs_samsung_galaxy_a80-review-1965.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dilate

(You) need to dilate, (You) are the one enforcing a pointless retarded wound hole.

>Dongles are the future
Begone apple shill

>Not using good TWS earbuds for $30 on Aliexpress

>this post will get 300 replies like it did last time

>applel poonjab went from spamming iPhones, to spamming MacBooks to pretending to be a girl and now this
Impressive

Attached: 1542469436178.jpg (480x618, 94K)

>charging fucking earphones

Can you recommend one?

Xiaomi airdots, QCY, Mpow, etc.

It was a smart business decision so they can charge retards for a small short-lived cable that will break in a month.

Not to mention it occured shortly after Apple purchased Beats heaphones. Great way to encourage people to buy some new Bluetooth headphones after the shitty dongle breaks.

Doesn't Bluetooth compress audio with a lossy codec?

Apple bought beats in 2014, they removed the headphone jack in 2017. You are aware that you can purchase headphones from any manufacturer, right?

Analog > Digital.

Aptx is decent.

yes, hence why retards love it

Attached: abYrnpr_700b.jpg (700x509, 41K)

It wasn't for Beats. It was to sell AirPods.

shillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthreadshillthread

There are also AirBeats

I like how it wobbles when you scroll

>another thing to charge
>compression
>latency
>premium price
Wtf, I love wireless headphones now!

A phone doesn't need a 3.5 jack to be honest
But then again it doesn't need a camera
join me
embrace the FLIP

Attached: 1562301117448.jpg (569x569, 21K)

I already did this summer.
I was fucking tired of whatsapp and people thinking you have to be on watch to respond stupid shit 24/7.

>This is literally the VGA port of smartphones.
Except it's not.

You are literally the worst shitposter on all of Jow Forums.

Disagreeing with someone doesn’t make them wrong, user. Grow up!

how? since it's not being replaced by a better port

This, but unironically.

Reminder that USB-C is a headphone jack. An objectively better headphone jack.
>b-but my old equipment
Yeah, that's what VGA port users say too.

Attached: leeco_cdla_noise_cancelling_headphones.jpg (800x600, 48K)

And Airpods are fucking amazing

Why don't audio devices just adapt and start using usb c instead?

They're adapting, but it takes a while to convince boomers and luddites to switch.

Attached: 01.jpg (1600x1600, 160K)

kek cant wait for otl tube headphone amps with dual usb c for balanced out

OP's the master baiter.

Isn't the whole point of usb c to replace useless ports like usb A/audio/video crap?

Dilate, iJeet tranny

>Reminder that USB-C is a headphone jack. An objectively better headphone jack.
This is just pure cringesad crywank from zoomie cringe edgelords..
they're not putting 2 usb-c ports in place of a 3.5mm jack and usb are they
enjoy dongles

I'm charing my phone and using headphones at the same time rn.

Kys capitalist bootlicker

Must suck not having a 4k+ mAh battery.

>4k+
with current 5"+ phones, that's just a day flat of usage
stop being a cringelord

>zero arguments
As expected from a braindead luddite.

Let me dumb it down for you: USB-C headphones can have their own DAC and amp integrated, which means they can be perfectly matched to the drivers, unlike old style headphones that have to rely on a universal amp to drive every kind of headphone out there.
They're also less susceptible to analog interference.
Analog jacks have zero advantages other than backwards compatibility.

Ain't you a special little snowflake. That use case is irrelevant for 99.9% of the population.
But if you really insist on doing that stupid shit, pic related.

Attached: sku_514161_2.jpg (700x700, 50K)

2 full days actually using the phone for me, must suck being a retarded boomer who can't close apps in the background.

>Reminder that USB-C is a headphone jack.
Nah. It seems pretty much impossible to use, I have yet to find a replacement for my broken USB C to 3.5mm adapter, which actually works on my phone.
Because apparently playing audio over it is in no way standardized and I assume the same goes for USB C headphones, which from what I could see also aren't device universal.

At least you can plug your 3.5mm cable into anything that has the right port, a feature apparently not available for USB C audio.

>An objectively better headphone jack.
can usb c rotate freely in its socket now?

>literally lists arguments (i.e. ports number shrinking)
>no arguments
okay cringelord zoomie fag
must suck having no life and not using ur phone u mean?

>Analog jacks have zero advantages
Except, that they actually work and you don't have to gamble whether or not plugging something is actually compatible with your device.

>pic related
I imagine it would be incredibly annoying.

Enjoy your 1996 mp3 wireless audio quality

>Compressing compressed audio

People actually buy stuff that does this.

Hating on TSR 3.5mm, I bet you don't even know TSR 6.3mm exist yet think it's bad as well.

Attached: 51RKIH4XqCL._SL1001_.jpg (1001x1001, 56K)

>He hates VGA
kill yourself DRMtard, I'm keeping my analog hole.

>tip sleeve ring

>chinkshit connectors
kneel

Attached: np3x_full.jpg (500x440, 23K)

low quality bait

Active adapters/headphones (with integrated DACs) should work on every phone.
Passive (analog) adapters don't.
I guess over time this distinction will be made clearer.

Besides the fact that you don't have to use wireless, new BT compression is very good. I would bet a lot of money that you can't ABX even 256kbps AAC, let alone the better codecs.

Attached: usb-c audio.png (848x294, 17K)

The meme of muh audio quality over Bluetooth needs to die. If you're not a poorfag your phone should have aptX-HD, which has a transfer bitrate of 576kbps, and dynamically allows uncompressed audio through when it does not exceed the bandwidth. This is more than enough for 320kbps audio. If you think you can hear the difference between a proper aptX setup and a wired connection, you're probably a sperg who buys into snake oil like expensive aux cables.

Serious question are there any decent headphones that terminate in usb-c without dongle? Like from senn, beyer, etc. not like cheap chinese earbuds or riced out noise cancelling trash being posted in this thread.

no.
VGA had to go because the screen data is digital, screens became digital with LCD, so it was a pointless and error prone conversion to analog in the middle.
Audio devices on the other hand are still analog and will stay analog pretty much forever, unless someone develops an audio output device better than a speaker. therefore the digital->analog conversion will have to happen sometime. there is absolutely no point in breaking current ecosystem when there is zero upside

GO TO HELL

Attached: 1551485344888.png (540x540, 273K)

You disappoint me, Satania.

4.4mm is the future

Attached: pentaconn.jpg (2048x1366, 135K)

>should
Great to know, so now, instead of plugging in any headphones with the right connector with certainty that they will work, I have to either gamble that it has an integrated DAC certainly making it significantly more expensive, or I have to gamble that these specific passive ones are compatible with my device?
Do you realize why people hate this? I basically was forced to buy wireless headphones, instead of being able to use regular earphones (I usually bought pretty simple non-in ear ones from sony or Sennheiser) for 20 or so bucks which were good enough for me.

It's absurd that you think making something so simple and universal into something so retardedly complex is in any a step in the right direction.

A couple of days ago I tried to buy USB C earphones on Amazon and they all were overly expensive and for the life of me I couldn't figure which would actually work on my phone and surely none of them were basic non-in ear stuff from any non obscure brand which I could just buy for my very plebian undemanding use.

>using wireless shit
>ever

This, VGA is actually nonsensical, extra complicated and detrimental to quality when driving a digital display instead of a tube. Getting rid of it for modern displays is logical. Doing the same for headphones is retarded because headphones are entirely analog devices, not to mention that it also breaks compatibility with things like amplifiers or any other device with any other device with a line input.

Fucking based Satania.

>integrated DAC certainly making it significantly more expensive
Nah, these things cost less than $2. If you're paying more you're getting scammed.

Attached: $_10.jpg (1001x1001, 74K)

Based racewar Johnny

>mfw some autist whips out their dongle in public
>catch a glimpse of what's in their bag
>it's filled with dongles

Attached: 1454283815899.jpg (600x400, 133K)

>pentagon
lel glow in the dark connector

>tech-illiterate memer
Bluetooth and USB have orders of magnitude more bandwidths than eve your most expensive dedicated DAC, and zero noise interference that analog has.
The only downside is that they removed the ports before selling the actual speakers.

The fact that speakers are analog doesn't mean you have to put the DAC inside the phone and use an extra port.
In fact the common sense approach would be to bundle the DAC and amp with the speaker, as is the standard for example in recording studios.

DACs are already integrated in SoC so it takes up virtually no space. Not a reason to break a working ecosystem

>Nah, these things cost less than $2.
I tried multiple adapters at that price point, even ones advertised for compatibility with my phone model, NONE worked.
Each time Android complained that they were incompatible.

Just tell me where is pic related. BASIC headphones I bought for 15 or so Eurobucks from a brand reputable enought not to ship non-functioning garbage. Where fucking is it? The best I could find on Amazon were ripoffs from the Huawai ripoffs from Apple earphones, which, I highly doubt are compatible with my phone, since I know for a fact that the Huawei Adapters die Not Work.

WHERE CAN I FUCKING BUY EARPHONES FOR YOUR GARBAGE PORT?
Or is demanding the most basic of basic products too much.

Attached: IMG_20190802_192945.jpg (3024x4032, 3.13M)

Which phone do you have?

if there was a good smartphone without cameras I would get it in a heartbeat

Cheap smartphones don't have that problem.

The fact alone that this question is asked should tell you something, because worrying that your phone was incompatible with headphones although the ports were used to be unthinkable to me.
Pixel 2XL.

That approach is incredibly wasteful and will drive costs up as every single headphone will need to have extra shit built in. You can also expect quality to go down at the low end, because instead of spending every precious $ on the best headphone you can get for little money, you'll be spending it on hissing ultragarbage amplifiers and DACs. The characteristics required for a good headphone output are known and measurable quantities. You only need one good output which will work with nearly everything. Super special snowflake headphones with ridiculous power requirements or such can still use USB and a their own DAC + amp if it is required, but for the vast majority of use cases this will not be (and has not been) needed.

I can use any type of cable that ends in mmcx.
Also, your phone is less expensive than my IEMs.

You still need a separate amp for the headphones probably. But removing the 3.5mm port means you definitely save space at the end.

As explained in that table, you need an active adapter with a DAC. If you were trying passive adapters it's because you didn't RTFM.
But I admit that things aren't fully ironed out yet and there's still some confusion going on. I expect things to improve substantially in the near future.

The adapter posted in this pic costs $1.45 on eBay, shipping included.
Integrating these chips into headphones at scale should be even cheaper than that.
Obviously the marketing departments will try to jew you with audiophile BS if they can, but the bottom line is that good DACs have been cheap for a while so there's no reason why it should add a significant cost to headphones. Just use your brain when buying stuff.

>As explained in that table, you need an active adapter with a DAC. If you were trying passive adapters it's because you didn't RTFM.
Yes, I understood that the first time and I fully admit that I was unaware of the intricacies of USB C to 3.5mm adapters, which even persisted after spending over an hour trying to find one which would work on my phone.

Now can you fucking show me some BASIC earphones for under 20 bucks from a brand reputable enough that I can be sure it will be functional?
If USB C is so awesome it should have THE MOST BASIC product possible available for it.
I LITERALLY just want some basic earphones, how fucking hard can it be?

I asked this three times already but somehow you still haven't given me an answer, it took me 5 minutes to find the 3.5mm ones in a store and after a hour on Amazon I still was unable to find 3.5mm ones.
How the fuck do you expect anyone to like your fucking port if it is FUCKING UNUSABLE, since the most basic hardware for it simply seems to not exist.

Bait thread.

how can you be so sure

shit trips

Attached: 1508258713340.jpg (1068x720, 88K)

Jesus christ man I'm not a headphone salesman.
Literally go to any store and do a basic search like
ebay.com/itm/For-Google-Pixel-3-XL-Headphones-Xiaomi-Genuine-Black-Usb-C/352682478801

>Not being part of Jow Forums's retarded hivemind means bait
Fuck Jack.

>USB-C headphones can have their own DAC and amp integrated, which means they can be perfectly matched to the drivers
this is a million dollar idea
i can already feel audiophiles' wallets rustling

Attached: 1461605200810.gif (480x270, 271K)

Fuck YOU, scum.

>Pixel 3 XL
Any guarantee that they will work with my phone?
Nowhere in there is the DAC mentioned you apparently need, it also doesn't seem to be available on amazon.de and I do not want to create an eBay account for fucking headphones.

Then go to amazon.de and do a search there, nigger. Want me to buy them for you too?

The point is to have this integrated on the audio source that has a bigger power source and alleviate the cost from being replicated on every headset you fucking buy.

> retard idea
is retarded
> OP
is a fag

The port is never going away as speakers are analog and the port outputs analog to the appropriate device. The DAC is onboard the audio source device. If I have 8 headphones, I need to have 8 DAC->analog/amps? No retard, only the source device should have this.

Purchase any headphone from any manufacturer? Sure, but who has exposure to the slurry of patents that are likely involved in A2DP? I wouldn't be shocked if apple has some just like they have some in h.264.

>I'm glad it's fucking dying.
nope, the majority of phones still have it. some popular ones like the eyephone lacks that feature. if you look at the selection there's plenty of new phones with a headphone jack. some are trying to force us into using unpractical bluetooth, others increase their marketshare by catering to those of us who won't buy a phone without it.

I have a pair of good bluetooth headphones and bluetooth IEMs. I use wired a lot more. They always work. There's never no more music half-way home from work or problems like that.

bluetooth devices default to SBC compression. That's the only codec mandated by the standard and it was made with voice phonecalls in mind. think mp3 but worse. Devices can optionally support other standards and AAC is the most commonly supported one. Aptx is non-existent on the device side and very common in headsets due to the marketing value; people buy Aptx because they think they are getting anything at all. iphones and the majority of android phones do not support aptx. Luckily, most aptx scam headphones also support AAC and that is the codec that is actually used by the vast majority of people who bought Aptx. Seriously, look into what percentage of new phones supports it. It's near-zero.

You can't call it obsolete if what's supposed to replace it isn't better.

>Being this fucking delusional
Sad.
Apple dropped it, Samsung dropped it, Xiaomi is dropping it. There is no future for fucking headphone jacks on phone, deal with it, retard.

>the majority of android phones do not support aptx
My fucking chinkphone supports aptX, retard, stop spreading false information.

>Then go to amazon.de and do a search there, nigger.
Searching for "headphone usb c" I get an enormous amount of garbage, of either on ear stuff, in ear stuff or Huawei shit which most certainly won't work and has no mention of a DAC, which is apparently what I am supposed to look for.

I literally can not find the most basic product imaginable for your Audioport.

God damn you're one lazy nigger
amazon.de/s?k=usb-c pixel headphones
There, and I don't even speak nazi.

>Apple dropped it, Samsung dropped it, Xiaomi is dropping it. There is no future for fucking headphone jacks on phone, deal with it, retard.
And their phone sales ate shit.
LOL, get #woke go #broke.
> But dongles and awkward angles that result in the port being destroyed or dongle
Fuck outta here retard
> But muh wireless tech
- Low battery issues
- shit quality
> x is obsolete ... but I have no better solution
Retard
> generation retard
Lets reinvent the wheel for the sake of reinvention because we can't come up with actual innovative and original ideas
No wonder businesses catering to you are getting rekt

gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_6_vs_samsung_galaxy_a80-review-1965.php
one new phone has headphone jack, one does not. as I said, some have it, some don't. there's demand for headphone jacks so phones with headphones jacks are made. and none of those phones have aptx, it's a head standard only used for marketing purposes. AACs the actual current standard. there's no point in shilling aptx here, everyone can go check what amount of new phones have it and see that it's near-zero. no amount of regarded shill fagtalk will change that.

> Shit tons of garbage ass headphones
Thanks for proving my point.
Currently own
> Sennheiser : Up to $500
> Chifi in ears $17
> Shure in-ears
> Bose noise cancelling
All 3.5mm or 2.5mm
I own no devices w/o that port nor ever will waste my time with companies that provide it.