What's next in visual design?

What's next in visual design?

Attached: windows xp.jpg (1280x736, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stripe.com/
gnome-look.org/p/1230964/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothing. Everything just eventually evolves into the minimalistic design until all content looks bland, although maybe then some websites/apps would go back to using gradients and whatnot.

probably your pic related but with more subtle gradients and more in tune colors. I don't know if it's just me but I find those shades of blue and green together eye burning.

More shadows or some fucking shit like that.

well...

Attached: Untitled.png (1280x800, 695K)

windows 10 feels so flat and bland compared to this. Soul vs soulless meme

those gradients,those ICONS, that AERO
we won't ever get anything close to this we'll have to suffer the millenial "minimalism" garbage

Is this Vista? Why does it look so fucking beautiful?

XP's default scheme was objectively trash, and 2000 looked so much better. It always looked like some sort of fisher price bullshit to me, and I always changed it when possible.

Is there any decent way of changing Win10's design to go back to aero? It looks so bland, and I've always loved Win7's aero design. Especially because I've been using it for like 12+ years now, factoring in Vista.

I think what I dislike most about minimalism is that it uses 10x the resources as...well...stuff.

vr and ar + ai generated textures

stripe.com/

are zoomers looking into skeuomorphic designs? It feels like any millenial/gen Y i ask, they prefer boomer win95/win7 aesthetic. its boomer teachers that teach graphic design who enable these flatshit designs to pass, something you could do in mspaint. So the snoy latte slurping lgbtqpedo macfags get to make lazy shit and set the standards.

Attached: 1564506353338.png (628x412, 225K)

Flatter and rounder

because vista is beautiful
its the red headed step child of the windows family but its by far the best looking
at least to losers like me using a 13 year old thinkpad

Google is slowly ditching material/cards and is slowly making a "everything is white" interface,so there's that.

Windows 7 looks way better.

Fuck you for removing Aero after Windows 7. Least I can kind of do it on linux?

the thing i don't like about vista is the green folders

I like your taste in music, user

flat is beautiful

avoid skeuomorphic designs

Attached: 5sCuleX.jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

> It feels like any millenial/gen Y i ask, they prefer boomer win95/win7 aesthetic
I kinda like both, for different reasons.
Late 90s GUIs were peak usability, and I was OK with that.
Late 00s GUIs were peak design, and I was OK with that.
Thing is, they don't mesh together. At all.
Flatshit tries to do both at the same time and fails. Everything just ends up looking so bland, it's soul-crushing. Even Windows 2.0 didn't look as bland, and that one had graphical limitations of EGA color pallette to deal with.
If there is Uncanny Valley for GUIs, this must be it.

Attached: Windows 11.png (534x392, 10K)

Attached: brat is flat.webm (690x388, 1.56M)

Idiocracy

Attached: idiocracy.png (500x585, 423K)

Are there any operating systems that are like Windows XP? I feel so sad to know that I'll never experience such a comfy operating system ever again.

linux with a skin

BASED

Windows 7 with a skin.

Pretty much any GNU/Linux desktop can look like it, here's one such theme
gnome-look.org/p/1230964/

Holy fuck!
Windows 10 was really designed in Excel ?

nothing makes me more hard than vista's interface. not even a glorious brapper makes me as hard.

how does this UI make sense at all? i'll give you guys a challenge. can you figure out what icon in the start menu i have highlighted.
>tfw if I didn't even say i was highlighting an icon in the start menu would you even have noticed without looking for it?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2560x1440, 535K)

but star trek had flat UI

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Next they're gonna add blurred translucency back into to Windows' flat colors.

Attached: xy95w9hjgg721.png (1920x1080, 2.01M)

that looks so fucking ugly, like cutout films of plastic. you can't half ass this, they need weight

Attached: 1556820441632.gif (540x540, 1.18M)

KDE really looks like bootleg Windows 10

>Holy fuck!
>Windows 10 was really designed in Excel ?
Nope. Powerpoint.

Attached: image:89769.png (1300x4704, 1.14M)

Who cares. Design is change for changes sake. It's like fashion now, controlled by a bunch of limp wristed fags.

I really hope we will get some kind of wireframey / FUI stuff soon. And even if we do not I'll just rice my shit til I get this on all my machines.
But to go to this kind of UI trend we'll need to get rid of all current UI designers, they almost all design minimalist low density shit. we'll need to get back to utilitarianism while still being somewhat minimal. In other words we have to get rid of most of bloat and empty spaces in out current UI.

Attached: 526286827_1280.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

something simpler than this

maybe just squares and triangles and circles

Attached: index.png (258x195, 7K)

we're quite there already

Attached: compositeallthree-58684fe55f9b586e02bb7fd3.png (768x454, 25K)

On the contrary, Windows 10 looks like bootleg KDE. KDE5 was out long before the previews of Win10, and it still looks better.

Fucking hell, it's like someone looked at bitmapped icons from Win9X and decided to suck the soul out of them.

Attached: 1561409795027.png (386x251, 13K)

>Windows 10 looks like bootleg KDE
IIRC that's not the only case of this, I think Windows' Aero happened after KDE became glossy but I might be wrong
>looks better
They both look really clunky to me, but Windows less so, even though it's less conisitent

Eventually icons will look so abstract that they're like cuneiform

if they could make all windows transparent and layered then you could use the affordedge modularity to stack information in a way that would look and feel cool, I remember they were trying to make modular hardware too but that clearly didn't show enough promise

Attached: ET Contact Tool.png (512x512, 259K)

Round Design.
It's like flat except everything is circular

Why did XP look like it was made for literal toddlers?

Honestly no idea what they were thinking with that. The weird primary colors design is just awful and looks like dogshit compared to the classic windows design.

I'm assuming they did that because they thought it'd appeal to consumers more if it looked more "colorful and fun" and that the classic windows design is "corporate and reminds me of work xD" or some shit.

Attached: mass.png (2786x3018, 3.94M)

awful
barely resembles xp
looks like lipstick on a pig

Thing is, the beta versions of Windows XP had a different style to them, closer to flatshit of today, but not as bland. Why they didn't go with it is beyond me.

Attached: WindowsXP-5.1.2267beta1-wstartmenu.png (1024x768, 49K)

it's nice but it really needs borders

Attached: 1564816629705.png (1920x1080, 2.13M)

Those icons and fonts look like trash.
I thought we already had 1080p crt monitors in the 90s, why was this even acceptable?

> I thought we already had 1080p crt monitors in the 90s
Pretty much no one had them at the time.

xp beta glassified
so much SOUL

Attached: novus_by_gelosea.png (1299x852, 854K)

looks pretty awesome, what is your problem?

It did, but the drain upon computational power was not worth the UI eye-candy, perhaps one reason they severely toned down on the transparency in later versions.

windows 7 > all

>people actually like aero now that its outdated
kek

Attached: 1516211357668.jpg (1023x765, 382K)

Windows vista has been developed almost simultaneously alongside OSX, and both design themes have been inspired by web/HTML design, as well as previous themes that were available on windows XP. I remember even a theme that made windows XP look like macOSX, but not the other way around.

>outdated
nice spook, subhuman

>The colour scheme and transparency actually look decent
>curved edges
into the thrash it goes

Attached: 1525457183048.jpg (1280x1000, 235K)

You mean windows NT/2000 theme.

Attached: FZX6NQLFVDDPYKG.LARGE.jpg (739x557, 51K)

Attached: AESTHETICS.png (1366x2308, 1.35M)

RIP Android 4.X

Tron Android best Android

>although maybe then some websites/apps would go back to using gradients and whatnot.
i wish a day like that would come

don't tell me you actually like default aero, it's a crime against design and aesthetics

Attached: gobusiness.gif (150x50, 2K)

go to hell zoomeroid

just use xp, it's still very usable in this day and age and if you need to use any newer software just dual boot it with a newer os

It has charme though, like a futuristic oldtimer car from the 60s.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-03 12-59-29.png (904x570, 849K)

the flatshit desgin looks pretty awful indeed but the transparency makes it look a little less worse

remove yourself from the gene pool

Attached: 1510972214211.jpg (658x594, 124K)

windows xp>windows vista>windows 7

?

Attached: Untitled.png (1366x768, 455K)

At the moment Whistler was still barely any different from Windows 2000, so most of the UI was still the same. I think it would've ended up looking like if it was actually finished.

Why was Windows 2000 replaced so rapidly? It was around for like a year before everyone jumped ship to XP. I always thought it had the superior design.

steam icon?

>too dark
>too much contrast between the background elements
otherwise its fine and I like that background

See, I REALLY like this, and I loved the Whistler theme.