If you're using hostgator/bluehost/godaddy/nearlyfreespeech/etc you're too retarded to browse Jow Forums

If you're using hostgator/bluehost/godaddy/nearlyfreespeech/etc you're too retarded to browse Jow Forums

Just get an aws ec2 instance

it's cheaper than digitalocean/linode if you buy reserved instances

SUCK MY DICK HOSTFAGS

Attached: 1562881939404.png (1080x1087, 906K)

>not self-hosting
what, are you still on dial-up?

did she died?

but how am i gonna get/connect domains and manage whois privacy etc

I refuse to financially support an unethical company.

go home stallman you're drunk

Not retarded, just lazy. Idgaf about infrastructure

NFS is great

hahaha epic meme picture you got there, upboated
can i save it

desu i'd take Zeit over AWS, have 4 sites that have some decent traffic and I only pay a dollar or two a month.

>paying for dedicated server space you only use at peak load (or worse, don't have enough of at peak load)
Get a load of the troglodyte. Amazon built servers by the city-full and is renting them out like the cheap whores that they are. Ditch the wife; too much maintenance.

>Just get an aws ec2 instance
I'm curious, is the you pay as you go bandwidth shit? Can you limit the amount per month at all?

>I'm curious, is the you pay as you go bandwidth shit?
Just be mindful of what you're using. The prices are going to be extremely competitive with virtually any equivalent virtual computer pay-as-you-go system. But it's very easy to just rack up a bunch of xlarge's and those costs will ramp up VERY quickly.

As per limiting the amount/costs per month, you kind of just have to track it all yourself and they expect you to be familiar with the ins and outs of it. Most of their tools are designed for scaling up and complex cost optimizations. Although I think they have some tools for smaller developers who are very budget conscious and are more willing to play in a predefined box rather than being prepared to scale up/down at a moments notice. I THINK that's what Lightsail is.

Isn't Google Cloud even cheaper?

Not really. AWS has been a bit cheaper for all the main things I've explored.

They're close enough if you REALLY hated Amazon (and for some reason also liked google). But in general Google's chasing AWS on this front, always a tiny bit behind in terms of features and price.

cool thanks user.

Attached: DUBS.jpg (460x700, 132K)

Not many know they can just get an AWS instance. If anything, they YouTube video they just watched on making a store in WordPress showed them how to do it with HostGator

>living in a cage so small there is no room for a HTPC-sized computer
>implying you will ever get to peak load

what is the cheapest for a personal server only I'll use? no heavy computation or big amounts of ram needed, maybe storage to store movies online or w/e

Go with Scaleway, French company with cheap storage instances

For home use?
R Pi4 for the cheap, Dell T3xx for more professional.

I got the free 1 year ec2 instance and setup an open VPN server and have it located in amazon japan

bretty neat

let me get this straight
you want to generate a javascript interpreter executable in chrome or firefox?
How is that even possible? or is this that node.js thing

>AWS doesn't let you set a monthly expense limit

Fuck that nonsense, I don't want to get raped by some mistake or some cheeky user.

Maybe for vastly less powerful nodes. Or, you could just not be a fucking scrub and run your shit in a real server at your house like I do.