What's wrong with the Raspberry Pi these days?

What's wrong with the Raspberry Pi these days?

Attached: raspberry.png (688x361, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

postmeritocracy.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you buy one and it just sits on a shelf. I tried to make a nas with torrenting, but it simply is too gimped to do a basic task without wildly increasing the size of its footprint with a cooler. Even my phone could torrent more files without heating up.

I'm thinking of getting this or a refurbished optiplex for htpc.

get windows media center edition

I recently purchased a pi 3 B+ and liked it so much, I bought the new 4GB one. I never knew these things could transmit radio signals without any additional stuff. Fucking amazing! Currently messing around with Rpitx, and receiving the the signals very clearly on my SDR. This is a great and cheap alternative to the much more expensive HackRF. I've got some remote controlled stuff I'm going to play around with ,too.

idiot

i got 2 b+ses .. 1 is server/development machine, 24/7 .. its driving a touchscreen monitor

That's cool. Mine has openssh and remote access through VNC, because I originally bought it to run a security cam, and I mistakenly thought I would need VNC to access it. It's not nearly as slow as I thought it would be. Can't wait to get the pi4 up and running.

RPi tries to hard to market itself as a kid's project

please, explain for me why I'm an idiot for using an old phone over a raspberry pi. I get that the pi has gpio pins(which most people don't use) and more ports(which I can just use an old usb OTG adapter I have lying around to replicate), but the pi's cpu is simply a fucking dumpster fire in comparison to any used dell or phone mobo for that price range

>I never knew these things could transmit radio signals without any additional stuff
I've had mine for over 3 years and this is the first time I read anything about this

im waiting for mate on pi4
i just prefer mate.
mate on pi3+ has been running f ine for some months now

its infastructure
its far more than the pc ever was
re: microsoft and the "dark ages of tech"

The pi may be weaker, but the phones bloated os and unneeded background processes are doing you any favors in terms of performance. Phones have potential limitations that may make them less flexible for experimenting, too.

mien freund, I forgot to mention, one can run linux on a rooted phone

Holy shit what a cringe and bluepilled picture. Why do they always have to include a nigger and a blue/pink haired freak. I'm dropping my Rpi now.

i cant think of any good use for a raspberry pi.
if i wanted to have a media server id just get a roko.

don't buy a raspi then when you have more in mind than what one of those can handle then, retard

can it run lisp

They have to appeal to the modern demographics m8

because they actually have sex

that said the rasp pi community is nothing like that and consists of way more fat neckbeards than hot ass black chicks and cute blue haired bois

>what is wrong

This picture.

m8 if you consider thrusting your gender confirming phalloplasty into someone's purulent fronthole

works on my machine

the newer ones seem to be a good alternative to wall heaters
the older ones worked quite well for a multitude of tasks that don't require a browser

user i'm worried about all the time you spend cooped up in that room of yours

Nothing if you have a real need for it.
>low power
>small form factor
>gpios
>Abundant software, and support
>convenient
They're good if you already need it to do something like flash a bios, or fuck around with a project, but let's say you want it to function as a desktop, or similar then there are arguably better alternatives.

>This picture.

Shit spawned from the resentment insecure people have that there is always someone better than them. So they celebrate mediocrity and deconstructionism.

I wish people would just be generally accepting of others without encouraging morally corrupt behavior.

>being black is morally corrupt behavior

If evaluating people based on their ethnicity, religion, sexuality, etc. instead of their skills can be considered morally corrupt behavior, then we can definitely say that the targeting of tech by the diversity cult has been prObLeMaTiC.
>postmeritocracy.org
Pic related is author.

Attached: 220px-Coraline_Ada_Ehmke.jpg (220x391, 19K)

>how dare you acknowledge black people exist, now i'll stop using your product that I already paid for

The Pi is a great little computer, just ignore the onions

The opposite.
Had a cheap clone board for a while. Orange Pi One, NZD$15 (USD$10) + shipping, and used a RetroPie port. Fucking excellent.
Made my older brother one with a RPi3 for Christmas last year and he loves to jam on it.
RetroPie isn't yet ready for RPi4 but I plan to use Lakka for the time being or some emus directly on Raspbian.
Or take a spare monitor and make it like a bedside media TV with Raspbian on there.