Alright, fellas. i'm gonna do it. i'm going to install gentoo. wish me luck, i'll see you on the other side

alright, fellas. i'm gonna do it. i'm going to install gentoo. wish me luck, i'll see you on the other side.

Attached: Row0px7n.png (512x512, 104K)

You can't compile acceptance of your peers user

You can if your peers are Jow Forums.

the absolute madman

People here despise attention whoring though

Fuck gentoo, gonna slackware

This week I installed gentoo and I need to tell ya that it is meme distro, install something different instead

> Jow Forums likes gentoo so I do too.
Better yet don't install anything and just leave your machine as a paperweight, it'll be more useful in the end.

just use ubuntu unironically.
been there, you gain NOTHING.
learn bash, a programming language, network protocols, ANYTHING ELSE.
Knowing how to write emerge -uUDa @world and editing arbitrary config files, building the kernel and so on, doesn't mean you know anything about your system.

maybe installing ubuntu is like learning esperanto.
You think you'll gain something out of it, but not really.

Godspeed user, hope it all goes well. Feel free to ask for help, but also rtfm. We'll see you in the glorious portage utopia soon.

t. Gentoo on both personal and work computers

?

I don't understand this meme.
This. Use Ubuntu. apt can automatically download all build prerequisites for a program and download its source + build tools. You can literally set up the gentoo workflow but without the useless package manager and USE flag shitstorm.

Bullshit, this board is just one big circle jerk

godspeed user

Attached: 2019-08-03-152148_884x556_scrot.png (884x556, 83K)

Reminder to use -O4 -fomit_all_code cflags for optimal speed

retard

>gurrr hurrrr what is apt source

figures a ubuntu user would be this stupid.
Maybe he wants to use gentoo because it's superior and not because he wants to learn.

Attached: brainletcastle.jpg (645x1000, 107K)

>build from source
>but do it without any of the customization
Fucking why? What's the point of compiling your shit if you're not gonna customize it? That's just plain retarded.

Customize how? Who the fuck cares about this autistic shit. You can select your favourite compile flags in the app's build system.

>This week I installed gentoo
Ah, we've got an expert, I see.

Attached: 1563307076291.jpg (500x660, 41K)

fyi the guys in #gentoo @ freenode can be very helpful

Ah yes, the joy of hunting down all audio programs and trying to find out how to make them use jackaudio, each in its own unique way of course, instead of simply adding USE="jack" to your make.conf. Why didn't I think of that sooner.

Attached: 1424934329301.jpg (250x238, 17K)

No you won't.