>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q [Open]

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does. OR upscale from lower resolution with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come mid-August. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Don't trust sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more
#

Attached: 1564626148781.jpg (1589x1191, 297K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/9Rsn3b
pcpartpicker.com/list/fFRFFt
pcpartpicker.com/list/sT7CsZ
amazon.fr/MSI-B450-Tomahawk-Prise-S-ATA/dp/B07VB2BG3X/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=
amazon.de/MSI-B450-Tomahawk-MAX-Sockel/dp/B07VB2BG3X/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=
pcpartpicker.com/list/dCfn3b
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Asking again.
Either my Mobo or CPU (4690k) died. I also have a MSI 970.
I don't play video games right now, mainly use the computer for web development, music and movies.
I thought about upgrading instead of buying an used mobo/cpu.
What could I get that's future proof? I'll eventually get into back end and use multiple VM as well.

How did I do?
pcpartpicker.com/list/9Rsn3b
Hdd,sad and gpu are irreplaceable

Get a new one, it will 100% last longer

r5 1600 will last better than your 4690k did.
but if you really want "future proof" it's the 3700x or 3900x.

Why the fuck would you spend $101 on a 1TB HDD when you can get a good 1TB SSD for $80-$105?
Also get rid of the shitty A400
>$150 PSU
I assumed $680 was including GPU but his is actually really bad.
>pcpartpicker.com/list/fFRFFt
subtract GPU from this, add case, and it's the same price for much better.

The GPU,SSD,PSU and HDD are already in my possession, just wondering if the Mobo and CPU choice is good for those parts or not

Well, 4690k is not confirmed dead yet and it was pretty good.
I was thinking about the 2600-2600x.

Will a normal b450 tomahawk handle a 3600 and 5700xt just fine, or should I wait for max boards to come out? I dont have any other cpus to flash the bios with, hell i dont even what it means to do that since it's my first build, and sadly all my freinds are running Intel so I cant ask them for assistance.

Attached: 1551817310916.jpg (750x735, 71K)

I bought used HP 8300 with i5 3470 thinking I can just replace psu to put in a gpu. Turns out the motherboard uses proprietary connections. Is there any way to save this worth time and money?

>have OC cpu and ram
>used it for half a year with no stabilities issues
>got vega
>find what I think are stable settings
>played 6 hours in a row yesterday with no crashes or anything
>turn on pc today
>browsing the web causes crashes
>opening images causes crashes
WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?! NOTHING CHANGED, the temps are fine, everything is the same!

>game comes out
>nvidia drivers work, AMD drivers don't
tell me, why do people still say AMD is a no-brainer when it comes to buying a card?

I mean that 4c/4t is a stuttery unusable mess for a lot of people.
Though others think stuttering is just normal.

It's clearly not 100% stable at those settings.

?

What game is amd not working on?

Beyond Two Souls

Have you undervolted the vega or done anything to it?

>It's clearly not 100% stable at those settings.
Man, the RAM and CPU were used with those exact same settings for over 6 months.With a shit ton of stability and error tests.
The vega also was tested for stability for 6 hours straight.
you don't go from "no errors and crashes here"
to fucking browsers and opening an image on desktop to crashing your PC, to the point where the CMOS has to be cleared because it doesn't boot otherwise.

Undervolted vega, yes. But again it ran for many hours under heavy load.
Also I dont understand how a GPU could effect the system so bad that you need to clear CMOS just to boot into bios.

You realize this is not a video games board right?

>vega is a housefire!
Uhhhh guys...

Attached: 1564828137993.jpg (2255x2656, 2.72M)

Logical Increments is saying an aftermarket cooler should be bought for every cpu better than the 1600. Do you guys agree with that? I don't intend to overclock and I live in a place with strong air conditioning. Would the stock wraith do fine for me?

Yes.
In fact, if a CPU got fried using the provided fan I would probably ask for a full refund.

I made a post a few threads ago about how untrustworthy user reviews and accounts were, for various reasons. especially when it comes to things like motherboards and graphics cards.

people only usually have experience with one or two products at most in the class, people fuck stuff up on their own through gross user error, there are tons of completely uninformed people and also actual children, there are people parroting views or stories that they "reckon" are accurate, then there are shipping errors, merchant errors, people doing ridiculously negligent things like tripling the voltage to try and overclock or using a wood 10+ certified psu they found in the garbage, etc etc etc

anyways, here's all of the negative user reviews for an x570 board

Attached: lol.jpg (1530x898, 153K)

Just get a cheap aftermarket air cool. They make a massive difference.

>Logical Increments is saying

Attached: 3a7.jpg (680x680, 81K)

>70%
lol

You do realize that half the people who say they use their PCs for professional tasks are bullshitting because they basically mean they occasionally publish a video on YouTube or something right? 95% of people here use their PC for two purposes: browsing the internet and playing vidya.

logical increments is illogical garbage. fucking summerfags.

Chips degrade over time. That's part of why stock settings are so heavily conservative.
You don't notice it on Nvidia GPUs because they take that control away from you. Even if you manually go in and change the dozens of voltage and frequency states on Nvidia, it will flat out ignore your settings at times.
AMD lets you do it, but it might not be stable.

Also a driver update could be your stability problems. You're not using the new "optional" driver, are you?

That last one
>can only run 2 GPUs in x8 (pcie 4.0)
seems like a paid review to trash competitors.
Don't know how someone can be so stupid to think that, out of 40 lanes, 32 would be dedicated to GPUs.

incredibly high iq post

It seems to have capped itself at 200 fps and won't go higher

"I need it for deep learning" = "I run some python code once every 20 days for my classes"

>vega is a housefir-

Attached: vega housefire.jpg (1955x2956, 1.7M)

>logical increments is illogical garbage. fucking summerfags.
I find your hostility amusing considering that their part lists right now seem to be mostly in agreement with the OP. What makes them garbage? Are they paid shills?

-e

Popular = bad.

considering 5700xt vs 2070s
radeon offers a far more competitive price but their drivers seems to be dogshit and i really don't want to wait 6 months after my purchase to finally be able to use it
2070s at least doesn't have driver issues and is good to play emulator like cemu, but the price point is unacceptable and i don't want to cash out more $$$ on a gsync monitors
also i don't like their policy of gimping of their drivers

Attached: 1563559641410.jpg (320x311, 18K)

I am still running a desktop with a i5 3570k and a GTX970. With the release of Ice Lake imminenant is now the time to update?

Should I go for Ice Lake in the new desktop when they are released or are those for laptops only? I don't keep up with pc tech unless I am in the process of building and am just now starting to get back into it.

Attached: catmirror.jpg (694x642, 93K)

good fucking luck finding a 2070 super

ice lake is absolute garbage

wut, i see plenty on amazon

I can't help but feel that AMD shot themselves in the foot with having Navi AIBs come out so late. A decent 2060s is at least 20% more expensive than ther reference 5700 where I live, but I'm still considering it just because the wait for cards of uncertain price and quality isn't great.

Icelake is probably only for laptops for the foreseeable future

navi aib come next week

Should I go i7 9700k? I don't do video editing or anything super intensive. Just gaming and streaming.

>Just gaming and streaming.
9900k or 8700k at least
or go for 3700x
but don't buy non hyper-threaded cpu

>180w on a badly optimized ubisoft game maxed out
>housefire

>navi aib come next week
I know, but you always have to wait a bit more to see which ones are worth buying or not. Hopefully reviewers got them in good time, but even then small annoying things like coil whine can get glossed over in the rush to review.

>but you always have to wait a bit more to see which ones are worth buying or no
buy sapphire
every single radeon release sapphire has produced quality aib

Sapphire has been good with radeon for well over a decade. Can't go wrong.

>8700k
Pardon the ignorance but what is your reasoning for perfering the 8700k over the 9700k?

Also, are these CPU's going to be future proof? I have been usin gthis 3570K for 7 years and hope to get similar results out of this CPU unless there is some major breakthrough in tech.

What's a good cheap gaymin keyboard? Is mechanical really worth it?

get a used keyboard if you want both good and cheap, buypigs love to cycle through keyboards

So should I just wait for b550 for a reasonably priced 3000 mobo? b450 seems to have all kinds of issues according to people. I don't wanna pay $200+ for x570.

Attached: 1560567545088.png (378x340, 217K)

>Navi AIBs come out so late
Right in time for Christmas shopping given the roll out of drivers

>logicalincrements copied nuch of our OP so that makes them good
It's the specific brands they shill because they are PAID TO, don't account for sales, and generally have some stupid choices that don't account for use cases.

lmfao
get a 1600 dude it's like $200 for cpu+board+RAM.

>I stream
>on a 3570k and 970
what? Like a really fuzzy stream full of artifacts?
Anyway, 3700X is better for streaming than the 9900k. Or 3900X, for that matter, is even better still.

I'd wait for b550 if you don't need the PCIe lanes since it's significantly lower power.

It's a good thing, since drivers should be a lot better by the time custom cards come out.

>Pardon the ignorance but what is your reasoning for perfering the 8700k over the 9700k?
8700k is 8core 16 threads
9700k is 8cores 8 threads
>Also, are these CPU's going to be future proof?
yes

I don't want to buy a use keyboard, especially a gaymin one, as some faggot has definitely cummed on it

>8700k is 8core 16 threads
No it's not
>Also, are these CPU's going to be future proof?
8700k got superceded by a $200 CPU a year and a half later. That's not very futureproof.

The 8700k has hyperthreading, the 9700k doesn't. If you're streaming then you probably want more threads, but consider the 3700x if you don't want to compromise on either physical cores or thread counts.

>future proof
Don't count on it, the 2500k and the other earlier intel processors have only lived so long because there was no real competition for a while and intel themselves weren't improving that much each generation. Now that AMD have pulled themselves back up, both intel and AMD will probably be trying harder to outdo the other

Stock fans aren't shit, but lower temps increase CPU life, and stock coolers don't necessarily keeps temps low under sustained load.

Whats the best alternative to Speccy?

haven't you seen the intel leaks, it's not that intel chose not to compete it's that their production has legitimately stalled out and failed due to probably corporate mismanagement, it will be quite some time before they can catch up

yeah my bad
6 cores 12 threads vs 8c/8t
>8700k got superceded by a $200 CPU a year and a half later. That's not very futureproof.
define superseded
if you think that any cpu you buy wont be outperformed by the next gen of cpu then no, nothing is future proof
if you think that 8700k isn't a solid cpu for modern and future scenario uses, you're wrong

i bought a $40 mechanical keyboard off amazon and while it is definitely lower quality than i had hoped it is also better than the $10 walmart keyboard i was using previously.

but it also made me realize that a lot of people who wax poetic about them are probably blowing smoke out of their ass because they spent a looot of money on something that wasn't what they expected because they got pressured into buying cherry reds by groupthink

CPU-Z

I am not having any serious issues with the gaming rig which I am currently on. Should I just wait a year or so longer to see what comes out of this new spark in competition?

>but it also made me realize that a lot of people who wax poetic about them are probably blowing smoke out of their ass because they spent a looot of money on something that wasn't what they expected because they got pressured into buying
100% of the audiophile community

>tfw feel like upgrading to a nicer monitor and gpu but i dont play video games and just browse Jow Forums, and the off game i do play my 970 can handle it alright

what do

How likely am I to find a decent video card (RX 570 equivalent or better) on eBay for less than $75USD?

>define superseded
The two are near enough that it makes no difference, while the 3600 uses almost half the electricity/heat.

Just get a new one for $110 and have warranty and shit. Losing warranty isn't worth $35.

Attached: 8700k 3600.png (1024x576, 316K)

I don't think we'll be seeing the 5+ years of longevity with the current round of CPUs like we have seen in the past, I don't think Intel will take that long to fix their problems now that AMD have caught up.

Buy the Roth-IRA its been out for a while but its the best bang for your buck.

>Buys shit mechanical keys and doesn't understand why they're subpar.

I don't care if you don't like it, but at least try a decent keyboard before you decide that mechanical keyboards are some giant scam. 100 dollars is absolutely nothing for something I use 8 hours a day, I'd pay five times that if there was an appreciable improvement.

My cherry red keyboard was like 50 dollars.

stock coolers work and can even sustain some overclocks but they aren't very good in comparison to cheap heat pipe coolers and you can get the gammax 400, which was easier to install than the stock cooler, for like $18. i'm talking a 10-15 degree difference in temperatures, and you can even double up or upgrade fans for better cooling on top of that

Yeah, it will absolutely keep your CPU cool _enough_, which is what it's designed to do. It won't keep it as cool as you want though, and coolers are so cheap that it's worth having lower sustained temps, especially under load.

What exactly is it I'm looking for in an SSD that means it won't slow down after a couple of GB of writes? Older SSDs never used to do that, most of mine hold 500mb/s+ forever whereas my 970 evo does 3.5gb/s for like 2 seconds before writing at ~300mb/s.

i didn't even say that i didn't like it or that you couldn't buy a nicer one than the absolute cheapest brown switch keyboard on amazon but that the typing experience isn't magical or life changing and people turn into defensive goblins about their keyboards like audiophiles do in the hopes of getting other people to reaffirm their decisions

It makes typing better, I type a lot. If you don't understand, fine, but say that after you've tried a real mechanical keyboard. It's not like it's a 5,000 dollar cable, it's 1-2 hundred at most. You can get a switch test kit online for 20 bucks or something, try that if you're interested. Right now, you don't know anything about mechanical keys.

>I tried Jack Daniels, all whiskey is bad, lmao everyone who buys scotch C O P E

Are the Nvidia RTX cards worth it or should I just get a 1060 TI?

Attached: 30yearoldavacado.jpg (640x629, 55K)

Trying to put together a "budget" gaming build for a friend, what do you guys think? Mobo is a placeholder until Tomahawk Max comes out. He has a 1080p 144hz monitor and he already has the case.

pcpartpicker.com/list/sT7CsZ

get a gtx
the meme tracing tax isn't worth it

>until Tomahawk Max comes out
amazon.fr/MSI-B450-Tomahawk-Prise-S-ATA/dp/B07VB2BG3X/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=
amazon.de/MSI-B450-Tomahawk-MAX-Sockel/dp/B07VB2BG3X/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

The best build for that price range currently. I have the same one.

we should really do a collage of all the Vega victims. Return that shit if you still can and get a Navi card or even better a Nvidia Super card.

pcpartpicker.com/list/dCfn3b
R8

looking to see if there's a better itx x570 board

Vega cards are awesome.

I have desktop speakers which I have used for literally 15 years. I want to upgrade to something more 'sleek' with as few cables as possible.

Suggestions for anything decent audio-wise for a desktop?

Attached: army.jpg (640x631, 134K)

yeah except for the noise (with blowers) thermals and general performance. And for the weekly tech support we need to do because somebody fried his motherboard with a Vega or caused general instability.

you want a larger cache which usually comes in larger drives. the initial higher write speed is "fake" and is due to writing to both cache and permanent storage.

What would you recommend for a silent, low power consumption ITX build?
I don't play video games, I want a decent CPU for coding and running VM, and a GPU (integrated is fine) capable of running two 1080p monitors at 60Hz.

I posted pics here of doom 2016 and assassins creed Odyssey maxed out running on a sapphire vega 56. Quiet as a mouse and cool as the arctic.

Aren't there still SSDs that are made up of just fast flash? I don't see why I managed to buy a 850evo that keeps going at 500mb/s whereas the newer 970evo drops below that after only 3 seconds or so.

stop projecting

Get a 5700. 1660ti if you can find it for around $230.

3600 and RX 5700 undervolted. You can run that at like gigabyte board
>$773 for 8GB of VRAM
really fucking bad. Just OC a 5700 XT for half the cost and 90% the same performance at less power consumption.

Attached: 5700xt undervolt testing.jpg (1904x343, 148K)

It doesn't seem to be out in Burgerland, forgot to mention that.

If you buy it from a hardware store I think you can ask them to flash it, as opposed to ordering it online.

is the Asus PRIME X570-P good for a r5 3600? did a build using a b450 with a friend and i dont want to go through that mess again.

Why are you assuming it's a gpu issue?

>gigabyte board

Don't be a illiterate fag a a board then literally asked are there any better ITX x570 boards

>$773 for 8GB of VRAM
really fucking bad. Just OC a 5700 XT for half the cost and 90% the same performance at less power consumption.

Would the 5700 XT get me 144HZ at 1440p if so provide source

B550 boards won't come this year, according to Buildzoid.

>sleek and few cables
>Suggestions for anything decent audio-wise for a desktop?
3400G in an InWin chopin case, with an m.2 SSD.

idk ASUS has really bad UEFI issues at the moment. They'll get sorted but from what I've seen it's bad now.

>Would the 5700 XT get me 144HZ at 1440p
A 2080Ti won't give you 144hz in every game at 360p
> if so provide source
You're retarded and beyond help.

Is a prebuild with a 3600, 2070S, 1TB SSD, 16GB DDR4 RAM for 1490$ good value?