Admit it, you thought i'm shilling Brave, right?

Well user, you're absolutely and categorically wrong.

Whether you like it or not, brave with the blockchain-based tokens is the only sane choice we have for an open web, I don't know if you've noticed it but we are entering a new paywall era, more and more sites/publications (both small & big) follow this trend and nothing indicates that it would stop, on the contrary. and as much as i like uBlock Origin it won't help much, if any, to solve this issue.

I know I know, you hate Brave and it's ad model, with passion. What is the alternative though, a paywalled web? if that's what you really want then be prepared for that. the web you once knew is over.

Attached: Brave.png (640x372, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

computerworld.com/article/3199425/top-web-browsers-2019-chrome-swallows-more-share.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Over and done
computerworld.com/article/3199425/top-web-browsers-2019-chrome-swallows-more-share.html

Attached: 70%.jpg (1016x604, 55K)

>ublock origin won't help much
how so

>I don't know if you've noticed it but we are entering a new paywall era, more and more sites/publications (both small & big) follow this trend and nothing indicates that it would stop, on the contrary. and as much as i like uBlock Origin it won't help much, if any, to solve this issue.

Great. Finally you NEETs will have to pay for content. Remember, nothing is free and people from these websites get their living from exact these contents and you retards want it for free.

> Open Browser

Want to stop having HuffingtonPost recommended when you type h? You'll have to fork it, because they bake in a list of "top sites" even when you turn off autocomplete URL and only browse in incognito.

Want to use a different search engine? Fuck you.

Want to hide an element on a page? Fuck you, we'll hide the element chooser so you have to pick blind.

I'm fine with it's admodel desu, just not it's lack of customization.

I also detest Firefox baking new tab spam and pocket in, but you can turn that off.

>Brave vs chrome with adblock, Privacy Badger and HTTPS Everywhere
If I dont care that that Brave is faster is there any good reason to change browser? Cus its same thing for me.

>What is the alternative though, a paywalled web?
Have you ever gone to University?
Most of the papers are behind a paywall, but there are at least 3 Russian sites that open access to all of them.

I expect the same service to pop up for the paywalled articles.

>what's the alternative, a paywalled web?
Yes. Content that is being paywalled now is corporate trash like news. No good content is dependent on ad revenue. I wish ads stopped working entirely so the internet could be cleansed of shit corporate "content" while all actual good content (free or user supported) stays alive.

>What is the alternative though, a paywalled web? if that's what you really want then be prepared for that. the web you once knew is over.
God I hope so.
Then we can go back to when the Internet was good and people made content as a HOBBY for ENJOYMENT and for the enjoyment of OTHERS instead of for profit.
We're pretty much at a point now where people can self host instead of paying for hosting, with hundred megabit to gigabit connections readily available, so long as we use more Web1.0 design models.
The Internet revolution is on the horizon.

Holochain

are there really people unironically likes brave?
it's a meme right?
it's bait right??
right Jow Forums???

Whats there not to like?

Holy shit stfu.
No one wants ads to be incentivised you fucking shill.
If a site can't survive off subcriptions or donations they deserve to die off. It means there content wasn't worth it.

Attached: 1564193693359.jpg (2000x2000, 235K)

>what is sci-hub?

Some sites will survive, the majority and the niche ones won't. basically the bigger names will benefit most from the subcription model.

Enjoy a bright future with only
WSJ, NYT, Huffpost, because >muh Incentivized ads

I would've used it from the start if it had been a 'fox fork and not chromium garbage

You're assuming that everyone blocks ads. And you're assuming their content was worth it. So I'm going to assume those sites don't even have original content or has content that can be found elsewhere.

What makes you think it would be that easy as the sci-hub? I've come across many research papers that wasn't available through that site

library genesis is another good option
there are many though

According to Brendan Eich only a fraction of Brave users have to opt in for ads and this new web economy would still be successful. Its looking more like a win win situation actually.

>According to Brendan Eich
LOL
Fuck off

Wasn't there some extension that saved the whole page for later reading?

Here we go again

>Whether you like it or not, brave with the blockchain-based tokens is the only sane choice we have for an open web
Lies

>I don't know if you've noticed it but we are entering a new paywall era, more and more sites/publications (both small & big) follow this trend and nothing indicates that it would stop, on the contrary.
>implying this is a bad thing
Maybe companies will realize how retarded paywalled content is and the web will return to being mostly hobbyists producing content for their and other's enjoyment, I sure as hell wouldn't mind that

>and as much as i like uBlock Origin it won't help much, if any, to solve this issue.
With it's current userbase and tech illeteracy by majority of people, yeah I don't see it happening anytime soon, but it helps me block annoying ads and prevent goolag's and facecuck's privacy invasions

>I know I know, you hate Brave and it's ad model, with passion.
I don't hate brave itself nearly as much as I hate fucking shills like you, even though they make a shitty attempt at being a privacy browser, you faggots are by far the most annoying thing on Jow Forums

Eat shit and die OP

spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html

Attached: brave_shilling_2.png (4000x3210, 3.55M)

>Spyware mutt

Attached: 1564185532523.png (1023x2253, 190K)

deal.with.it

Attached: Brave365.jpg (609x421, 36K)

Reminder that brave browser is easier to track and Tor should not be used in it.

Attached: 1553259576332.png (1406x1878, 87K)

Outdated & FUD

NEXT!

>doesn't post any proof
kek