How do people get doxxed?

I don't mean hiding from governments or anything that high up.
I just don't want some random person knowing everything about me by seeing one picture of me.
Or them gaining access to my Google account.

It's crazy that some people can post one thing that displeases the internet and they suddenly dox you into oblivion.

I don't use Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or anything like that. Just anonymous forums.

Attached: 1560852771261.jpg (4000x3000, 732K)

you've made tens to hundreds of thousands of marks on the internet and if people can find ways to link them together it can be turned into a complete picture, especially when combined with irl sleuthing and things like credit checks, employer leaks, services, corporate records, etc. all kinds of things you probably don't even realize. shared usernames, small clues like your home city left in a forgettable post, it all adds up.

>chad can be stacy or vice versa anytime
do we even stand a chance? atleast turn them into fugly half baked fag when they transition

Attached: feel.jpg (1013x1072, 185K)

It's just about looking through the stuff you've posted and using the information you posted or your profile to link you to another account. For instance, if SuperMarioBoner2000 has an account, and there's a similarly named account on Y Forums, then it's safe to say that these two profiles belong to the same person.
With enough posts and enough information, it isn't difficult to eventually draw a profile of the person whose dox you're trying to get.
If you're not careful about the personal info you post, and you essentially leave breadcrumbs for others to follow. Eventually this can trace back to a post you made 12 years ago revealing personal information like your name, or your city.
Generally this is easier in the social media age because people are fucking retards and routinely use their own name and photos on their own profiles. You know, the exact thing we were told not to do in the mid 2000s?
Even Jow Forums isn't free from this. Every image you post has a unique name. Yes, if you downloaded it off of Jow Forums you might not be the only one, and it works less well for generic images off of the first page of Google Search, but how many people will download the image you just posted? Because of this, if I cared to, I could just pop that image and its filename into a Jow Forums archive, and see the posts of people who've posted it before -- including you, if you have posted it before.

at least s(he) agrees that she was better looking as a male, she just couldn't cope living as man. oh well, at least she feels at peace with herself plus less competition for ugly men :)

more pics of her

Attached: 1344363097612.jpg (494x532, 65K)

I hope you are reading this jordan

>small clues like your home city left in a forgettable post
It's shit like this that terrifies me. I don't give out anything quite this specific, or if I do it is usually not real or slightly off, but if someone takes all these hundreds of little pieces and puts them together you can gradually go down a process of elimination. What type of clubs were you in? Did you work with photography? Did you play in a band? Any photos/comments showing this? Captain of a sports team? Won some competition in a certain year? Participated in some event for a niche interest?

This is how they get you... and there is no great way around it if you want to be honest. People just get fucked over and doxxed into oblivion.

Just think of all hiro can string together knowing the IP behind each post.

You can't be doxxed if you've already doxxed yourself (purposefully).

Yeah, really fucking annoying. And they fucking block TOR users from posting.

Why would anyone dox a random person from a random picture? Only if it's to make that person afraid/mad.
If you post your stuff anonymously, there's no reason to be afraid of doxxing.

>I don't use Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or anything like that. Just anonymous forums.

You are online, your government records, medical records, school or university records, if you have any friends that have taken pictures with you and posted it on their social medias, you emails and other site logins, banking details, browser footprints, tracking cookies, address details in online phonebooks, voter information, shopping accounts, food delivery apps. No matter how much you think you are in control of your data you really aren't there are so many factors outside your own control.

Right now on this site every mod has access to your IP address and post histories. If they want, if they are really really motivates (something a Jow Forums mod never is) they could pretty easily figure out where you're from, and you're posting style even over multiple IPs.

Not to mention OP, most people are lazy or stupid or plain don't care. The biggest reason retards get shot in my city is they hop on social media, post their location and insult all of their equally stupid enemies. Jow Forums has doxxed people time and time again. I remember years ago on Jow Forums some guy was bragging posting pics about the girl he had sex with, blurring her face. He left the imgur filenames up and a quick google search revealed the unedited pics lol. Some anons found her facebook. Through it they were able to get to her friends list and found the guy, some fat fuck orbiter who was liking every single one of her posts. Once they got his profile it was over for him. All because he wanted to brag to Jow Forums about having sex. Be careful out there OP.

Attached: 1557795233048.png (2352x3360, 1.55M)

that sucks
user finally pops his overdue cherry and gets fucked IRL for it, beautiful

Only interesting people get doxxed

> be me young pajeet
> father is MIT CS graduate
> tells me to never divulge any information whatsoever on the internet about my r eal person
> follow this to an A
> i'm unfindable and undoxxable
> 10 years pass
> father is getting old
> see him enter his real information in online shit
> yell at him and tell him he's a moron because it goes against his own credo
> he gives me the look normies give to autists

what the fuck ?

Attached: sad.gif (245x184, 80K)

You should be fine if you avoid using your real date of birth and surname when you create accounts, and use different usernames for every site you use.
Things like writing patterns and informational content are easy to trace though, but you won't be found if you keep a low profile and if someone isn't actively looking for you.

him*

>her

Attached: 1542951155184.jpg (2698x2806, 526K)

There's really only few ways:

Hack/inside job of legit company/site/communication recipient that has your info.
Interception of data you send to someone else/site/company.
You giving your info willingly to a fake company/site/communication recipient.
Your device(s) getting hacked directly (remotely or locally; includes stolen devices).
Your device(s) getting infected with a virus/malware.
Public things you've posted. i.e. Deduction and inference. (ex. You've posted vacation pics and in the background there's a blurry license plate or whatever.) The biggest security hole would be posting an image from a phone that includes GPS data in the image's EXIF. That was a big thing on Jow Forums before Jow Forums started stripping that sort of data. Reverse image search and just image names do it too.

The biggest thing is that anything you put online or onto electronic media stays there forever. Be that actually on the internet or in a company's intranet (dentist/work/etc)

Also, this is the biggest threat: