Guys my Parkinsons is getting worse and I'm finding it more and more difficult to use a keyboard and mouse...

Guys my Parkinsons is getting worse and I'm finding it more and more difficult to use a keyboard and mouse. Why hasn't input technology really advanced at all in the last 50 years?

Attached: 81Z882NR-ZL._SX425_.jpg (425x253, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11516224
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Get Musk to implant an implant in your brain.

wouldn't help someone with parkinsons, because the issue in PD is in the brain. A neural implant would still be receiving faulty signals just the same.

sorry about your condition OP, it is the worst. voice recognition might be slightly better depending on your status

Fuck Elon Musk and FUCK IMPLANTS!11

How old are you and what medications are you taking for it?

I'm 29, currently on cabergoline.

jesus, that's rough. Has your doctor tried anything else if cabergoline isn't working? pramipexole, ropinerole, selegiline, rasagiline, benztropine, etc? I know they don't like to start unusually young people on the typical carbidopa/levodopa.

when you are having a bath give me a call. I will bring some clothes that need washing round and throw it into the bath tub

Voice controlled OS, maybe those balls people use instead of a mouse, although I've never used one so I have no idea if it would actually improve anything for you, a vertical mouse might be easier to use than a regular one, since you can rest your arm easier on it, there's the microsoft xbox disability pack with all kinds of cool shit but I imagine it's purely for games
Honestly I know too little about parkinsons to give an educated advice

the involuntary movements are actually caused by levodopa, the main treatment. Parkinson's itself causes freezing.

I know I'll be memed at, but macOS 10.15 is introducing a voice feature that lets you use the entire OS with voice when it launches in September. Not just typing, like actually using the OS with natural speech, it looks like a pretty substantial accessibility upgrade.

voice commands
oversized keyboard with massive keys to prevent misclicks
mouse sensitivity as low as possible
extra large UI/icons/buttons

can you avoid parkinson's with plants?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11516224

Probably the worst thing possible. Now a raw carnivore / keto diet on the other hand has shown promise for all sorts of medical issues

Heard you guys grind your teeth pretty bad.

MAO B inhibition is superior to DA agonist treatment for early onset PD. I'm against DA agonists (actual ligands, not effective agonists) in general, they just make patients hypersexual and I think this behavior can worsen everything. Low dose releasers are better from a tachyphylactic standpoint too, and were much more successful in the 1940s-1970s relative to later "safer" agonist treatment. My non-medical opinion and not medical advice as an unqualified anonymous retard on the internet is to seek the following course of treatment: discontinuation of cabergoline, start treatment with selegiline. If no theraputic response is seen, I would advise augmenting with the lowest dose of zenzedi (2.5mg), starting with half a pill 1.25mg. Most neurologists are psychopharmacological illterates and do not know how medications work, they only know what they are indicated for. I would advise a psychiatrist familiar with all of these and PD. That see a neurosurgeon for DBS. They're usually smarter than neurologists too and may be interested in treatment beyond surgery and may be willing to prescribe such a course of treatment to you too.

only in bro science

based, this guy knows what's up

Actually, Parkinson's is caused by neuron death and chemical balance of dopamine going down the drain. Meaning motor neurons do not all work, and neurological pathways are affected, resulting in the symptoms.
Having an implant directly in the brain, could at the very least ease the problems, if only temporarily.

fpbp

also, cochlear implantfag reporting in

I guess it would all depend on how exactly a neural implant would work. Something I'm not going to pretend to have any knowledge in.

What age did your PD begin? What were your initial symptoms by the way.

based

transhumanists are cancer

based