Windows 10’s UI is a crime against humanity...

Windows 10’s UI is a crime against humanity. Microsoft has always sucked balls at design but holy fuck has it gotten bad since Win7. How does anyone live with this?

Attached: 7A89B6ED-F18D-482B-8746-B681BE7E0F60.png (220x153, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Open-Shell/Open-Shell-Menu
github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Everyone just uses phones now.

>saving thumbnails

>How does anyone live with this?
They have no choice if they want to use Office or gaymes or a lot of other software.

classic start exists (i think)

Classic start doesn't fix the other 90% of the GUI, like all those new settings scattered all over the place.
The whole OS is like an unfinished beta testing version that for some reason got released to the public.

Worst part is splitting things up between "settings" and "control panel". I think they were trying to put basic shit for normalfags into settings and have all the usual other stuff in the standard control panel, but it just results in the entire thing being a mess. They should've just kept the control panel, but then had a toggle between basic and advanced that would show more options for people who aren't brainlets.

of course, all that is making an assumption that MS wants to make things easy and good for end users. It's very clear they just don't give a fuck and only care about forcing broken beta updates down your throat, forcing their mossad spyware on everyone, shilling their godawful store, etc.

>Worst part is splitting things up between "settings" and "control panel".
Not just that, you're also forced to use Group Policy (or registry) to disable some things now.

Yeah they don't give a shit. They figure nobody is going to switch to Linux (they're right) and Macs are still not viable to many people for various reasons.

7 is ugly shit with disgusting round edges and unnecessary thick window borders

I think Windows 10 has a pretty good UI now
Although I wish it had the smooth animations of Mac OS X
>muh gnome
>muh wayland
Don't make me laugh, it's shit and I use Xfce

7's look is dated by now, but changing window borders is very easy.

Attached: this confuses the Windows 10 user.png (666x657, 105K)

>Windows 10
>2 control panels
>2 snipping tools
>2 paint tools
>2 image viewers
The UI and UX is an unbelievable mess.

>2 control panels
Just use only one (or use search and the right control panel will open)
>2 snipping tools
Just use only one (or install greenshot)
>2 paint tools
You can uninstall paint 3d now (and install gimp)
>2 image viewers
Just use only one (and install irfanview)
>The UI and UX is an unbelievable mess.
When UI and UX were not buzzwords programs, DEs and OSs (Windows 2000 and earlier, Mac OS X Snow Leopard and earlier, Xfce, Gnome 2 and earlier, etc) had a great UI and UX
Really makes you think

You know you're allowed to remove the stuff it comes preinstalled with, right?

This shit beats Windows 9x/XP.

Attached: Untitled.png (648x672, 246K)

This
Only Windows 8 and 8.1 had a better start menu

would anyone here be willing to use an ad free , bloatware free, cloud hosted OS ala stadia?

Shit, I forgot 2 web browsers.

I get what you're saying, but I'm sick of Windows being such a fucking mess out of the box. It's a shame because their hardware support is so insanely good compared to Macs or Linux, but they fucked up something simple like giving people boxes to click on.

>Install Windows 10
>30GB
>Install Mac OS
>12GB

It's almost like Windows 10 is bloated with bullshit. It's also an irritation you have to regedit simple shit. I'm not a privacy freak, but it's started bothering me that on the install of Windows 10 you get the options between 'Share Data with MS' and 'Share Basic Data with MS'.

That interface is god awful and Windows 10 has been the slowest responding Windows Start Menu I've ever used.

Not to mention it's the ONLY start menu that actually crashes, hilariously enough.

>Install Mac OS
>12GB
I have Mojave installed and it takes up 26GB for who knows what reason.

Are you accounting for actual formatted capacity?

to be honest, only crime there is laziness of those microsoft faggots, because we should have interactive tiles back in 2014 and yet this UI still stuck in the development

Disable things like what?

I know I had to do a lot of that when I first installed, but perhaps I'm missing a lot of useful tweaks?

Windows 10 is 23GB.
hiberfil.sys and pagefile.sys don't count.

this but unironically
in the few cases where people need to do actual work, they just use botnet chromebooks

This is with my applications installed.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 17.11.31.png (1790x1190, 481K)

or you better remove this trash of a shell with abysmal design entirely and use any 3rd party launcher with far better usability and roubustness

also flat design is objectively bad for human perception and was invented only to waste user time in apps/sites that show adds

The part I hate the most about W10 is the new Settings. It's so fucking ugly and poorly thought out. They just keep piling on adding various settings without any clear plan.
And after 4 years it STILL redirects to the old UI/CP sometimes, because I guess programming a few buttons is too hard.
Same for the Security (Defender) settings, which just keeps expanding and I'm tired of having to keep up with all the new crap they add.

>Disable things like what?
Just the usual shit like Cortana, OneDrive (they finally let you disable it without GP in the last two versions), updates, ...
The GP entries are a fucking mess too, with nonsensical contradictory settings (compare the telemetry with the updates entries and how they work when you select 'disable').

Attached: settings_5.png (648x470, 37K)

>You know you're allowed to remove the stuff it comes preinstalled with

That's where you're wrong, I literally spend two days trying to uninstall the pre-preinstalled version of office. And that was to reinstall again the correct version I actually had a licence for.

>Microsoft has always sucked balls at design
Windows 95/98 are the absolute peak of design.

You can just turn that extra stuff off if you don't like it.
I never really use the start menu anyway, I just open everything through the search bar.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (552x709, 94K)

>How does anyone live with this?
I don't because I'm not using Windows 10 right now, but if I were, Open Shell would be one of the first things I would install, just like I did back on Windows 8.1
github.com/Open-Shell/Open-Shell-Menu

Attached: 1564823827325.jpg (752x944, 131K)

>try to search for something that's in the start menu using the search bar
>it doesn't search the start menu folder

absolutely based

werks on my machine :)

Attached: dsk copy.jpg (5757x2153, 2.11M)

Light theme, now it's nice looking and comfy.

Plus, it's really nice using any computer and it looking similar and all the shortcuts and most programs are the same. It's a positive not negative.

That too but why am I investigating windows phone style launchers for my Moto? It looks better and is more functional.

Seems fine on my machine

Attached: ltsc.png (2560x1440, 767K)

which start menu is that?

What a fucking mess

Doesn't beat Gnome Shell

startisback++

NT 2000/ 9x was peak windows. Back when function was more important than looks.

Now it's looks over everything.

What's on your desktop? Icons
What's on a NT 2000/9x desktop? Icons
How do you open a program? - The same fucking way on both. What has changed between now and then (aside from hardware)? Not a fucking thing. You still use office and other shit the same fucking way you did then. The only normal thing that people did not do then was social media and youtube out the ass cause it just wasn't around then.

How much space did NT 2000/9x use? Very little. How much does Ten use? 20GB roughly.
See above where not much as changed in how we use computers. MS Sucks balls.

MS could've re-launched NT 2000 with support for new hardware and removed the ram/hdd limit. Hell the damn NTFS system is the same shit that's in Ten. In the age of game re-boots and shit they would actually be following the latest trends.

it looks like shit, but it's been out for 4 years now, this isn't a revelation.

This is just a minor thing, but what annoys me the most about Win10 is how it calls everything "apps"

that's not a new term, zoomer

You can hide all of those tiles and the search bar very easily making for a very clean interface. Poke around the settings more.

I don't think I've every seen someone try to browse the W10 Start menu unless they're a literal 60-70yo boomer.
Most people a: have desktop shortcuts or b: open the start menu, and then start typing

>Worst part is splitting things up between "settings" and "control panel". I think they were trying to put basic shit for normalfags into settings and have all the usual other stuff in the standard control panel, but it just results in the entire thing being a mess.
I bitched for YEARS about XFCE's scattered mess of settings. Windows 10 gives it a fucking run for its money. It's so fucking shit.

>They figure nobody is going to switch to Linux
desu when 7 becomes too insecure or incompatible I'll probably switch to Linux and run a 7 VM, doing anything I can't do in 7 (like banking etc) in Linux

Being able to just pull up fresh new Windows installs every time I need one would be hella convenient

what the intent with this ?
they wanted to troll the entire world or something ?

It's revenge for Anglo colonialism.

Attached: pajeetsoft.jpg (1920x1280, 684K)

Jow Forums seem to like more installing and compiling an entire os (plus the time) rather than just unistall bloated shit holy fuck

10 still has full screen option if thats what youre referring to.

>rather than just unistall bloated shit
What? Jow Forums recommends uninstalling windows frequently.

Is this peak start menu design?

Attached: cinnamon.png (1280x800, 653K)

yes because Jow Forums is full of neets and underground programmers

Attached: unknown.png (757x563, 329K)

Attached: pajeetsoft-01.jpg (516x501, 98K)

>Not using Classic Start

I rarely ever see Chromebooks, back in high school we used iPads and then Macbooks after year 9.
Never see Chromebooks in uni either, mostly Apple products such as MB and iPad Pros. Australian btw.

> ASSDraw3

Attached: kappa213.png (500x636, 134K)

woaw, it makes sense now.

The UI is the least worst part of windows 10. You hit the Windows key, type the name of the program, menu, or file you want to ooen, and hit Enter. That is it.

I think it is

I prefer Mint-Y

>and hit Enter. That is it.
been this since vista. only in 10 it has a 90% success rate as cortana doesnt always activate when you start writing.

People don't use Windows because they legitimately think it's the better operating system. They use it because they have legacy programs they're afraid of losing if they switch to Linux, or otherwise too lazy to try out Linux.

Every time I see a Windows user complain about how terrible the operating system they use is, while at the same time refusing to switch to an OS that's better in every important metric, I just feel bad for these poor, ignorant bastards.

I've never had it fail, but Windows search is god awful.
"Etcher" results in nothing but "Balena" results in "BalenaEtcher" and repeat for many other applications.

LTSB and LTSC do not have this problem

>30GB
Explain why my Windows folder is 17gb then?

seems fine to me

Attached: launcher.png (2560x1440, 2.02M)

Delete the thumbnails and then move the start menu all the way to left until you can't. Instant normal Windows start menu. You're welcome OP.

cope

Attached: unknown.png (1920x1080, 1024K)

chad.png

Imagine shitting out such a mess that people are seriously considering switching to desktop Linux.

its no ones fault you are so fucking retarded

Similar thing happened with the Playback/Recording Device Menus. There's the slick Aero menu where you can configure a bunch of shit tablet options and then original menu where you can do what you need.

The McDonalds of OSes.

Attached: Jobbin'.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

iPhones are a crime against humanity.

>Worst part is splitting things up between "settings" and "control panel". I think they were trying to put basic shit for normalfags into settings and have all the usual other stuff in the standard control panel, but it just results in the entire thing being a mess.
No, they've just been porting settings to the new UI slowly over time. There's little left in the old control panel on the latest build, but you autist Shitnux users probably haven't used it in three years and still provide us with your valuable hot takes based on how things were back then.

Not him, but I occasionally have to use winblows for work. Every time I'm amazed how shit it is, and that there are shitnuggets who use it as their main system.
But according to you, they're almost done making it not shit! Whatever, if believing makes you happy.

thanks for talking for every windows user, pajeet

dunno if it can help but this makes win10 more bearable
github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater

>They use it because they have legacy programs
Yeah, and programs in general.
What the fuck can you do on Linux? You can't do any actual serious work unless you're a programmer. Every program worth a shit runs on Win/Mac.

you can play minesweeper

Almost every profession nowadays uses computers at least for something, even if they aren't necessarily developers. That means there are countless of different users all around the globe. People always list AutoCAD or Adobe or music production when talking about Linux shortcomings but those are just a drop in the ocean in real life. Many users could switch to Linux without losing anything. Many more could switch if some little program would get a native client that would take like a week from the developers to create.

If there were enough interest, Adobe could release a Linux version.

I dunno man, I draw and there's not a single good drawing program for Linux. I remember last time I tried my tablet wouldn't even work.
If I were given an open source solution with the SAME functionality and support as Windows, a browser with the SAME functionality as Chrome/Firefox I would switch in an instant. However none of these allow me to be as productive. And yes I value productivity over Google/Microsoft knowing 10% less about me (because that's the best you'll get).
I know it's nihilistic but I see no point. I would love to use Signal or Telegram, 100% of people use Discord. It all depends on what the majority of people want.

to be honest, their UI is still better than in linux or mac os, and if you mean start menu then please keep in mind that people use only task bar or search button

fuck I really miss macosx if only macbook pros were like they were back in 2011

Literally a UI designed and made by demons and other denizens of hell.
>life at a glance
>play some gayms
>cortana bruh

Attached: Windows-10-start-menu.png (1280x922, 441K)

nobody would switch except prepubescent fedora posers like you because everyone knows linux desktop is shit.

When smartphones came out and they were full of bloatware I thought it was just because they were new, and the bloatware would go away when people wised up. Instead desktops are now as bloated as phones and both are getting worse, with kernel level bloat that you can't even get rid of.
I have to use computers to work and I fucking hate this timeline we live in.

Attached: 1543218465203.png (700x876, 749K)

umm, sweaty?

Attached: 47150062-40BF-41A7-B0B7-BC26A9BF7189.jpg (1920x1080, 247K)

>Not just that, you're also forced to use Group Policy (or registry) to disable some things now.
And do it all over again at every major update

>that resource usage
What the fuck are you running in the background there, bud?

Not on Mac OSX. That's what I use now and been using for a few years now. I used to use Windows OS exclusively, Win 98 all the way to Windows 7.
I am lucky I don't have to use this garbage dump OS that was clearly designed with iPads/Surface Pros and big touchpads in mind.

Attached: fig-a-4-24.png (957x799, 278K)

> MUH MINIMALIZM
This lazy shit "design trend" has to die. I want interfaces to be usable again. I want to be able to tell what I can click on and what will happen just by looking at the screen.

cope

Attached: wangblows.png (2560x1440, 2.08M)

If we're only counting personal use, I've only ever seen one Chromebook in the wild, and the person who had it hated it and wanted to upgrade to a proper laptop. They're only used a lot in schools or as organizational computers (there was one time I went to get my flu shot and the girl doing them was using a Chromebook to keep track of patients), and that's only when the company in charge doesn't just get Dells or HP's for everyone. My point is most people use proper laptops when doing actual work, and Macbooks when doing actual work but being in public so that everyone knows they're fashionable.

>This shit beats Windows 9x/XP.
The funny thing is that Windows XP is probably still more secure than Windows 10 at this point.

Attached: win7bestWin.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

>Not on Mac OSX
can you use Mac OSX on something that isn't a Mac? I fucking hate windows 10 and 7 isn't viable anymore for me