Java vs .NET

What should I learn to work for a Fortune 500 company? Java or .NET? Which will make me the most valuable and pay the most? I understand banks mostly use Java?

Attached: JavaDotNET.png (1094x410, 37K)

Chad++

Where the fuck did this dumbass graphic come from? Most of the shit on the right has fuck al to do with Java.

>Java side
>Ajax, NodeJS, jQuery and MySQL
What?

>ajax
>nodejs
>jquery
>mysql
java
ok retarded image

Bro, this is a garbage post. Apples to oranges.

Banks are running on java but are running on antiqueware.

Learn as much as you can. Don't stop at just one language. The more you know, the more job opportunities you'll have.

Either or but Java is more used and it has the Apache foundation going for it (so you can do BigData stuff later on).

Good point.

none of that shit on the java side is java, idiot

if you want to work for a fortune 500 it doesn't really matter what language you can program in. What matters is that you can output produts. Become sufficiently good in either C# or java and then pick a company which fits your stack.

NET is going to be the future.
c# is the better java anyway. if you learn c# you know java already.
learn net core

not java...

I'm smarter than you and not a nigger faggot
dumbass.
lmao rekt

>nodejs is in Java category
.Net wins

Which is ironic, because Microsoft is the one developing their products with NodeJS.

Fucking retards thinking javascript is Java.
Thank you.

Haha good one
Learn java, its top dog

ever tried c#?
you'll be amazed. linq alone makes it worthwhile.

Someone is always blowing smoke up my ass about how c# will replace java and i just dont see it happening

Am i wrong or does sql sever and .net cost money? Java is free if you run tomcat and open jdk and you can use an db with it

.NET is ass and automatically disqualified for lacking cross platform support.

jQuery, nodeJS and ajax are all javascript

java != javascript

also, OP is a fag

>but muh .net core
Is what i usually here when someone says this but from what i hear no one actually wants to just use .net core

Its called a stack. Both sides are examples of a stack. Are you guys tarded or what?

Anyone who goes .NET Core instead of JVM/Graal is a turbo retard.

imagine being this retarded

Can you shill my on why i should use graal instead of springboot java?

Lurk more college baby

It's piss easy to get a job with either but C# is by far more comfy to work with.

>ITT: retarded CS student doesn't know the difference between java and javascript

>graal instead of springboot java
Why are you comparing apples to oranges wtf? You should use graal if you're writing microservices. You really shouldn't be using spring boot nowadays anymore. Use a framework like vert.x or Helidon instead.

This is by far the most retarded post I've ever seen in my entire life.

>C# is more comfy
You're not bound to Java, you know? There's also Scala and Kotlin.

We are writing our microservices at my job with spring boot

.net doesn't cost any money, and .net core is multiplatform

in 2020 there will be no .net framework and .net core anymore, just one multiplatform .net 5

What for? You're really wasting resources and start up time. Are you bound to Hibernate or something? I hope you're not still using Spring's dependency injection. Reflection is bad.

Neat. Do you have to use sql server though? Will you be able to run .net 5 on linux servers i presume too? Needs to hit these marks to be able to rival java but it sounds like it will, or at least has been promised

I like springs dependency inject. I dont have an issue with refection as long as it does the job it is intended to do

Whoever made this isn't much of a developer. .NET is a framework for the C# language .. Java is a language. A more apt comparison would be Spring vs .NET ... as Spring is the most popular MVC web framework for Java.

Ajax, jQuery , MySQL and NodeJS are so far away from Java I don't even know how to respond.

I'm guessing the only reason you'd post this is if you are a complete non-developer and just starting.

You'd need to go to University to get hired to work with C# or Java with no real experience. However, between the two, I'd say learn Java then C#.

If you have no degree and are just looking to become a hirable developer, start with Python. It is a very in demand language these days and tons of resources out there.

Attached: 1562978628335.png (731x611, 876K)

>I dont have an issue with refection as long as it does the job it is intended to do
Reflection is very very costly.

Additionally spring boot micro services usually start under pretty quick. All our microservices seem to start in 10 seconds. I have some legacy projects i work on that take 2 minutes to compile

>All our microservices seem to start in 10 seconds.
That is a lot. I take it you don't use Kubernetes. Vert.x microservices take less than a second to start.

We tend worry more about maintainability than raw performance as developers are move expensive than server resources. We have a few systems that we interact with that are usally the performance bottleneck anyway and the java performance is usually incredibly quick in comparison

Common full stack developer stack

We use kubernetes. I put vert.x down on my todo list. I will take a look at it maybe we can give it a try on a small microservice and see how it goes

Java's shrinking, .NET's growing.

They're both still behemoths and probably will be for a another decade.

>Java's shrinking
Java as a language may be shrinking but overall it's not shrinking because lots of people are moving to Kotlin.

Oracle aint doin too hit it seems and i think it has been hurting java

Everyone says .NET. Because .NET isn't just a single framework like Spring, it's a suite of frameworks, deployment tools, CLR language features etc.

Saying "I'm using Spring" doesn't tell the whole story. But saying "I'm on the .NET stack" or "the .NET Core stack", that tells you everything you need to know.

Plus technically you can use the .NET stack with any CLR-supporting language. But everyone just uses C#.

a web dev stack that has NOTHING to do with Java

it already started. companies who have been working with java from the beginning are now slowly going down the c# route.

Has a lot to do with it desu

Framework vs Framework is still a more apt / relevant / useful comparison than Framework vs Language.

Saying .NET still clearly communicate's you're using C# shit , and saying you're using Spring still clearly communicates you're using Java shit.

kys delusonal microshill

Can you explain how / why? I'd love to her what kind of retarded shit comes out of your mouth.

not the guy you're talking to but you don't have to use sql servers. there are some neat nosql databases. ravendb for instance. really noice.

Shit like lucene also works with dotnet though.

You've never had to use SQL Server. I have dotnet core projects running on Linux with Sqlite and MariaDB database backends right now.

Because you need a stack unless you just make apis. I mean ajax node and jquery really have nothing to do with but your front end will likely be using those frameworks. Except jquery because its shit

I know i havent used sqlserver thats why i asked. Ive used posgresql mysql and oracle the most. I understand .net core would naturally use 3rd party db but does regular .net allow this

Holy shit bro ... I haven't made a frontend for years and I don't make APIs.

But beyond that, how the fuck are NodJS and Java related? How are jQuery and Java related? Do you really think AJAX is a framework? Can you please explain the logic in the fantasy universe you're operating from?

You really should not try to correct people when you have no idea what you're talking about.

Attached: 280.jpg (640x512, 32K)

Yeah some products work with dotnet (e.g. Lucene) but these products are always Java first and most are written in Java (or Scala like Spark). Doesn't matter really. Tons of jobs in either field, but it's all filled with poos.

Its a stack

for faster i/o and real time stuff and maybe streaming use node.js, for computation related stuff where node shits the bed use spring

it's related in that way in connection to web development, for other stuff it's not

This user is right. You often have a backend written in Spring and a frontend written in an SPA like React or Angular. Then you have them interface through endpoints (RESTful).

Yes regular .net allows this. There have always been connectors for all kinds of database engines through ADO.NET. I've done shit even with IBM DB2.

>it's all filled with poos.
This really depends on the kind of job you get. Poos don't exist anywhere you're doing real work. That is, not just slamming together CRUD screens.

He's right, you really don't know what you're talking about.

You can do that with any languages on the front and back. It doesn't mean the languages are related just because they have http and json support built in.

That, you're correct about. The image is retarded but these are all "full stack" kits.

This is a bit of exaggeration, but not far from it. Problem with Java and C# is that they're heavily used in non-tech savvy enterprises and these companies tend to oursource a lot of their labor to H1Bs. Which is why you get a lot of Indians doing the needful in Java and C#. Even the BigData shit is just one big excuse for an H1B team to get more funding. I work at one of these Indian IT firms as the token white guy and we do more than CRUD shit. We do everything from CRUD to ML. It's fucking weird.

Yeah I was being a bot hyperbolic, but it's a trend.
It's easy enough to scope out your future coworkers before accepting an offer. Not that I'd totally discount a place for having a few foreigners, but it it's 80% currypower then it's obvious the company is optimizing for quantity at low price, which is not how I want to work.

>which is not how I want to work.
That's the problem. We consult for a company that works 50% on currypower. The other 50% are boomer IT people that are only good at managing email folders in outlook. They're starting to higher developers but the CEO has, in the past, completely dismissed the idea of placing any emphasis on IT as they are not in the business of computers. No wonder that fucking plane crashed.

just learn one

No, no its not. You would never use Java and NodeJS together. AJAX is not a frame work. You should try and at least google these names before trying to pretend to be a developer on Jow Forums

First of all, no its not related in anyway. You'd never use NodeJS with Java, see above about googling shit before trying to pretend you know about it.

NodeJS does not allow for faster anything, its big claim to fame is asynchronous / non-blocking code. It's great for interactive web applications. It's complete shit for anything else.

Java is an insanely fast, insanely versatile language that is rarely used for web dev.

Attached: 1564651247533.jpg (604x358, 171K)

>No, no its not. You would never use Java and NodeJS together.
You must be a fuckin retard my backend apis are not bias to the client that invokes them. We have NodeJS projects regularly making requests to our bsckend apis. Any sever or client capable of a post can use a java controller

this image is the perfect embodiment of the level of intelligence to expect in this thread and Jow Forums as a whole

Attached: ggq5mveniqoy.jpg (1242x1552, 169K)

oops pic not related lul

> doesnt know they got rid of core
Somes up how shitty .net is. The cant even figure out a name for their framework let a lone be the future

Yet all of faang is java backend

You clearly dont know what ajax stands for

why not both? they are similar enough

Faster development time definatly Nodejs/express. Java is used literally by every important company for web development for backend

Yeah the ajax part is stupid but ignore that part

>using reflection for anything past startup/initialization code
I think you should stop telling others what to do.

AFAIK NodeJS is not meant to be run client-side, so I'm going to assume you're using it as an API gateway backed by Java services?

>silverlight
What is this 2007?

this

I work with .net core, its fun