Whatsapp users who think their chats are actually encrypted are the biggest retards on Jow Forums

>using Whatsapp
>using an app that's owned by Facebook
>using an app whose source code you can't read.
>using an app just because you were told it "uses the Signal protocol" but can't verify that for yourself because you can't see the code.

Are these people the biggest retards out there?

They're even dumber than Telegram users, that's for sure. At least Telegram users can actually read the Telegram source code.

inb4 Whatsapp retards post ITT that their app is "totally safe and encrypted" because it "uses the Signal protocol" despite not being able to read the Facebook-owned closed source code.

It happens every time.

Attached: unnamed.png (180x180, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wire.com/en/
github.com/wireapp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What do you suggest then?

using Signal or wickr, retard.
>b-but
SHUT THE FUCK UP NIGGER.
you have NO reason not to use Signal, SO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Whatsapp is totally safe and encrypted because it uses the Signal protocol.

>use a potentially unsafe messaging protocol
Vs
>not being to communicate with the world

You're already using hardware with backdoors so have countless other vectors of attacks. Don't be autistic user, no cute girl is going to use XXXMP because of muh privacy

People on Jow Forums use WhatsApp?
People use WhatsApp?

Riot.im/matrix is a godsend

I run a small business and need to communicate with clients who have their favorite thing. The hangouts, SMS, discord, and imessage bridges are fuckin awesome, everything in one place

Then for friends/family I created them actual matrix accounts which is cool so I can video call my sis and niblings. Couldnt do that android to iPhone before. Plus thats actually encrypted.

Riot desperately needs cross signing to make encryption and verifying devices less annoying, but it is by far the best platform with the most potential. Signal users btfo by the power of matrix bridges and bots

t. American

WhatsApp is the defacto normie communication tool here, from kids to oldies. We don't even have the green bubble meme.

Not American. I just don't know anyone that still uses it after Facebook bought it. Most people I know use Google Hangouts since they already have jewgle accounts for YouRube

UK here, I have never heard Hangouts brought up by anyone I know.

>muh security
Still the best messaging app out there.

enjoy having your messages read by cuckerberg then

Oh no, they are going to see my shitposting. Just kys fucking schizo.

matrix

holy based

>Still the best messaging app out there.
you mean telegram?

The thing is: people who talks with me won't stop using that shit or migrate to something else because they aren't autistic over "muh my data". I personally don't trust even Signal, so it really doesn't matter in the end. Sorry, my parents don't want to use PGP-encrypted e-mails.

Last year I finally got hid of my Facebook at least, so now I basically own a disposable Google account and Whatsapp. Truth be told, we should have a public "normalfag" profile with basic information just to appear normal, totally isolated via containers in your browser, for social purposes.

Here watsapp is by far the most common messaging platform, it's essentially a monopoly.

>a good half of everyone I know owns the latest iTrash
>message anybody on imessage
>get reply 18 hrs later: "bro sorry I just don't use imessage, i didn't notice the notification"

People don't even know that superior platforms exist

>asks for my phone number
shut the fuck up, nigger shill. ur glowing

Wire. No phone number needed. You can sign up with temp emails on vpn. It is open source as well
wire.com/en/
github.com/wireapp

ok so if they are unencrypted show me an man in the middle exploit, or even, try to unencrypt your own messages locally without the application

I use Facebook messenger :^)

It's not for you to decrypt, it's for the NSA

if pajeet can't hack my messages, with legal content, I don't care.
Actually, the police would already be here if they could decrypt my messages

Oh no, NSA is surely decrypting your messages full of anime bullshit. Fucking schizo nigger.

Not only decrypting and processing those messages, I'm sure as hell that they hoard almost all kind of encrypted data from the whole world. In our current reality, they probably aren't going after you unless you turn into a public threat, but what about the future?