AMD BTFO

Attached: 1544443600048.png (459x615, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scanproaudio.info/2019/07/12/amd-ryzen-3600-3700x-3900x-dawbench-tested-3-is-it-the-magic-number/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>VP of marketing
i.e. an overpaid retard.

>PCIe doesn't matter!

[laughs in PCIe 4.0 SSD]

Attached: 1564674475685.gif (680x680, 235K)

>more bandwidth doesn't matter
ilmao, can this company get any more pathetic?

Depends. Is it worth having active cooling and a massive price spike? Probably not right now.

But then, Intel also know how stupid this is, based on them developing dual PCI-E slot tech for the new Mac Pro.

Intcel dragging their feet as usual just like the past 3 years

Even x470 got pciegen4 as a free upgrade
What the fuck are they doing?

PCIe 4 means that you can run your "immediate future" GPU at x8 and free up lanes for something else, like SSDs.
Considering the limited number of lanes on Intel's consumer platforms, their denial is extremely ironic.

No shit
Did you realize it was a marketing meme to lure tech illiterates just now?

>more PCIe bandwidth doesn't matter!

NVME SSDs have no noticeable benefit compared to SATA ones so I guess it makes sense.

>intel gets mad that other companies are moving forward and goes full sour grapes
Intel is dead. Let that shit company rot.

PCIe 3.0 can go to 15.76GB/s

>VP of marketing

Attached: 968D1296-4AEB-45DC-BC7C-2989288D0E9A.jpg (340x230, 34K)

on x16...

Holy shit, the memes are coming to life.

Attached: housefire.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

Ever seen PCIe 3.0 x16 SSD faggot?

>muh gayms

>marketing
LMAO
Also, I want every single marketing idiot to die, regardless of who they work for.

more like 3.94 GB/s on PCI Express version x4 or 1.97 GB/s on PCI Express version x2

I can't believe that madman overclocked the 9900k to 5.2GHz. What a hero.

>games
Who cares?

Yeah it's a fuckin' retarded thing to say, it's like he saw the "x doesn't matter" memes and took them seriously.

The second part is somewhat true though, purely for gaming there's little to no benefits from PCIe 4.0... but does that mean he admits intel is now only a gaming company, no longer trying to stay in any kind of professional computing business?

To be fair the heat PCIe 4 chipset produces was a decision of AMD's, a tradeoff for it to be cheaper, and I guess also to fulfill their obligations to GloFo. Had they made it on 7nm and not 14/12, heat probably wouldn't be much of an issue.

It literally doesn't, name ONE pci-e component that can max out a x16 3.0. Actually all entry, low and most mid range GPUs can run perfectly fine on x16 2.0. Two point oh.

People who actually understand computer architecture still haven't moved from 1155 and 1156 but made them perform as well as the newest ryzen gaming setup. RIP.

>what are SSDs

>GAMES DON'T MATTER

Anyone have the pasta?

Yeah what are they? Components that draw a few hundred megs/sec before CPU bottleneck or automatic ramdisk kicks in. Plus, they have horrible random read speeds in the dozens of megabytes/s.

PCI-e is a packet-based protocol, if SSDs needed the bandwidth, they could very trivially get an increase in contact width. It's not like PCI or AGP where pins have a static purpose.

>our processors don't support PCIe 4.0 therefore it doesn't matter, goy

INTODDLERS

Attached: satania.gif (500x491, 376K)

KYS, retard

>NVMe doesn't matter
>productivity doesn't matter

You got schooled, sit the fuck down.

>PCIe 4.0 doesn't matter!!!!

somebody PLEASE give me the full list

Attached: 1555353949955.jpg (395x401, 59K)

>sucking this much cock and still keeping at it
Shut the fuck up, retard, you have schooled nobody. Double the bandwidth for nvme ssds is all that matters, all of them were already capped only because of bandwidth. Go suck on foreskinless intel cock, retard

I mean the only cards very close to 3.0's threshold is the RTX 2080 Ti and the Titan RTX
so probably in 2023-2025 PCI-E 4.0 will matter

Of course it does! But pci-e 4 provides no measureable benefits over pci-e 3 because no current SSD can reach its target speed on real workloads.

Okay, assume they were capped because of bandwidth. You can grab the most powerful optane SSD, engineer it to use x16 pci-e 3.0 and you would solve the problem, as pci-e 3.0 is multiple times higher than the optane's max theoretical speed. Ergo, the problem is with malengineered SSDs. reductio etc

>oy vey goy, what do you need high speed m.2 for?
is intel's management comprised of amd employees trying to sabotage the company from inside?

intel literally produces the technology (optane) that could benefit from pcie 4.0
this is just coping at this point

Nobody on earth, not even super secret government projects, have
1) single-computer workloads which require an excess of 30GB/s
2) single-computer capabilities to process 30GB/s even if it's just copying to RAM and writing back to disk

Both are because you can fill the max theoretical supported RAM of the best xeon or TR in a few seconds.

You and everyone else simply does not realise what it means to max out pci-e 4, let alone pci-e 3.

What is even the argument here? So AMD does gaming and multithreaded productivity workloads, and then Intel does gaming a bit better but then has lousy multithreaded productivity workload capabilities? All this says is Intel should only be used for gaming and literally nothing else.

Maxing PCI-e 4 with a single device is not the point
The point is that you get 16x PCI-e 3.0 with 8x PCI-e 4.0, freeing lanes for other stuff like storage, and other pci-e cards.

>Cores don't matter, not for today or the immediate future
>32C64T on the desktop with comparable single core permformance in the same cycle
>Infinity fabric scales infintely better than anything intel has
>7nm

Intel has absolutely nothing to deal with any of this, if EPYC starts eating into their enterprise share in any meaningful way, they're gonna be playing second fiddle for a long time.

Great job intel.

>1) single-computer workloads which require an excess of 30GB/s
i process 4+ petabytes everyday

Gaming and every other realtime processing workload. Have fun synchronising those CCX's and 50000 threads every 50 milliseconds you retards.

Perfect, there are zero SSDs on the planet that utilise 16x pci-e 3.0. You can get an older xeon with a ton of pci-e lanes cheaper than a crappy AMD setup if you care so much and are such a special case.

pcie 4.0 free up more lanes
i don't understand why anyone would be against this
it's "you don't need more than 4 cores for gaming" argument all over again
i hope intel takes a hard dive so they can wake up and stop holding back technological advances

And I process 10+ exapentagiga bytes a second. Write me several paragraphs on how pci-e 3.0 bottlenecks you.

I'm against this because it's currently only in overpriced components and only special snowflake setups require it. Setups where people have a high demand but don't back it up with cash. No free lunch, pay for a server CPU.

>technological advances
change =/= progress
Call me when pci-e 4 costs the same as pci-e 3. More perf for more cash is completely banal.

>oy vey how dare you make pcie3.0 less expensive by releasing 4.0

>Gaming and every other realtime processing workload. Have fun synchronising those CCX's and 50000 threads every 50 milliseconds you retards.
kek, I hope you're getting paid.
Mods, when the fuck are you going to put IDs in this shithole? It has been long overdue with all the shilling shitposting.

Attached: 1564611843576.jpg (1079x614, 63K)

Show me a pci-e 4 mobo+cpu combo that costs the same as and outperforms a pci-e 3 mobo+cpu combo.

>AMD shill doesn't know how his CPUs work
CCXs are the ultimate jew. Why make 8 core ryzens when you can glue together 4 athlons.

>I'm against this because it's currently only in overpriced components and only special snowflake setups require it. Setups where people have a high demand but don't back it up with cash. No free lunch, pay for a server CPU.
>>technological advances
>change =/= progress
>Call me when pci-e 4 costs the same as pci-e 3. More perf for more cash is completely banal.
Jesus. And just to throw a couple of buzz words out there your personal view is fucking myopic and regressive.
>How dare new technology be limited in scope and expensive! They should have just gone with the old tried and true standard just to placate my macroscopic opinion on the subject and not pushed for any new standard, and if you support the new standard then I have already explained away why you're wrong with your shitty snowflake build and hope you see the error of your ways for liking new technology standards

I can't wait to see what you have to say when you have to buy DDR5 AND PCIe5 components.

>myopic and regressive
I'm more of an anti-dreamer.

>DDR5 AND PCIe5
I'll finally make a cheap 8c16t 32gb xeon build off aliexpress on a chink mobo. Based chinks. Currently on OC'd x5650, easily better than 2400G/3400G for $100 cpu+mobo and 16GB DDR3.

Why make massive monolithic dies? Especially when you can make cheap smaller dies connected to a singular io chip that gives you more money per wafer and drastically reduces your costs for zero performance degradation?

You're more of a shit eating retard. Enjoy your old shit you think is better than new shit to cope with your neetism.

>what is ExtremeIO
They literally do, lmao

*NEW*

>more money
>reduces costs
CPU prices are currently fairy dust and make-believe, so any "improvement" is questionable.

>zero performance degradation
You have to make programmers hack their kernels for your specific garbage interconnect latencies and such.

Of course it's better. For $100 you can get my mobo and CPU, and OC them. Or you could get a shitty pentium/athlon/*400G which are worthless for anything.

Learn to actually work with your hardware idiot.

Really? Because they don't whine about pci-e 3.0 and their x2 nvme's being bottlecked by it. Can you scratch up a paragraph or two explaining some of their concrete problems?

Intel is right, they don't not need PCIE4 now

PCIE4 will only make Z-series mobos as expensive as X570 ones

Since this is Intel we're talking about they don't need to support it because they switch motherboards every year

The beauty of Z390 boards is that you can find cheap ones that actually work, even Z490 ones don't need PCIE4 right now

They'll probably switch to PCIE4 if there are a massive surge of PCIE4 NvME SSDs and if Nvidia starts maxing out PCIE3

Once again, much ado about nothing

**NEW** PCIe doesn't matter.

Intel saw how loud X570 motherboards are and adding PCIe 4.0 makes a motherboard more expensive so they opted out.

RTX cards can't even max out PCIe 3.0.

For games, sure. But other use cases are showing benefits now.

DELET THIS

Graphics programmer here
It's not about "maxing out" the port
If you have twice the bandwidth then model/texture uploads are done in half the time, which means more consistent frame times and less chance of stuttering if you have a lot of assets to upload in 1 frame

Anyone has the updated list?
Boy at the current rate that list won't fit in a single post.

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Productivity doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>Locked platform features don't matter!
>Synthetic loads don't matter!
>PCI-e lanes don't matter!
>Burnt pins don't matter!
>Heat doesn't matter!
>1771w cooler doesn't matter!
>Server space doesn't matter!
>ECC support doesn't matter!
>Free RAID doesn't matter!
>NVMe RAID doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>IPC doesn't matter!
>7nm doesn't matter!
>HEDT doesn't matter!
>Stock coolers don't matter!
>Security doesn't matter!
>Games don't always matter!
>Enterprise doesn't matter!
>Hyperthreading doesn't matter!
>VMware doesn't matter!
>MySQL doesn't matter!
>Unix doesn't matter!
>Linux doesn't matter!
>Waffer yields don't matter!
>Benchmarks after full patches don't matter!
>Asian markets don't matter!
>Own fabrics doens't matter!
>Chipset lithography doesn't matter!
>Cray doesn't matter!
>Cisco doesn't matter!
>HPE doesn't matter!
>AZURE doesn't matter!
>5nm doesn't matter!
>TDP doens't matter!
>10nm doesn't always matter!
>Cache doesn't matter!
>iGPU doesn't matter!
>PCIE 4.0 doesn't matter!
>Mindfactory doesn't matter!
>Custom Foundry Business doesn't matter!
>Stock voltage doesn't matter!
>Framerate doesn't matter!
>Amazon sales don't matter!
>Prime95 AVX doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Large corporations don't matter!
>*NEW* Your DATA doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Context switch duration doesn't matter!
>*NEW* 202x market outlooks don't matter!
>*NEW* VRM doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Bitrate doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Single core performance doesn't always matter!
>*NEW* World records don't matter!
Updated a month ago, PL, hit

>PCIe 4.0 won't be a huge benefit
t. the guys who's clock rates haven't improved for almost 15 years

Attached: 1541646745013.gif (300x225, 2.74M)

It's a serial, packet-based protocol. Your mathematics doesn't work out and only factors in the scenario where the GPU's throughput has been bottlenecked to exactly a half.

you're all idiots, intel is skipping pcie 4 to use pcie 5

only the ice lake laptops will use pcie 4, because its an apple/dell thing

Attached: qQQ98RAyzpUYg0FS.jpg (2901x1512, 655K)

As opposed to the guys whose clock rates have actually decreased compared to past products?

lower clocks = less heat = better engineering

AMD is just compensating.

Ice Lake CPUs went from 2.xx Ghz to 1Ghz and less

intel is the master of inventing useless shit like pcie4, which makes me wonder why they havent jumped on the bandwagon

Attached: 1434050429335.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

Attached: WHHHIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.jpg (697x319, 82K)

>discovered that mobile low power products are low clocked
Nobel prize worthy my fren

>I don't like something because I can't afford it
All new technology sells for a premium when it's first released. Over time as more people adopt it and it becomes cheaper to manufacture, the cost in available products comes down over time.

Attached: 1343136945120.png (324x246, 52K)

>t.

Attached: 16-BIT PCI.jpg (2272x1341, 213K)

AMD should switch the chipsets to at least 32nm, somewhere I read all the ryzen chipsets are being made on the old ass 55nm.
I remember I had a Radeon x1950 pro made on that process.

based huawei

PCIE3+++++++

So like I said, come shill it when it's a viable alternative, not something for special snowflake consumers. Dumb shill.

Isn't Intel in the business of PCIe SSDs?

>lower clocks = less heat = better engineering
you are describing Zen

don't forget that audio doesn't matter
scanproaudio.info/2019/07/12/amd-ryzen-3600-3700x-3900x-dawbench-tested-3-is-it-the-magic-number/

No, I was addressing old CPUs in bulldozer days. Of course nowadays we have advanced 14nm CPUs which allow for high frequencies on intel at low temps.

Thank you Red and Basedpilled Sataniafag

Attached: raphi.jpg (1278x1076, 136K)

>low temps.
the low temperatures of 100°Celsius

100*C is completely fine for a chip to run, most of them can handle 105C from spec sheets. Actually, did you know these chips can endure soldering temperatures in excess of 200C for hours?

It's the rapid cooling and heating of the humorously large and LED-ridden AMD coolers that jump CPU temps from 50 to 90 to 50 to 90 that contract and loosen parts, breaking the microcontacts on the ever so fragile and untested "7nm" technology.

Hmm, faster PCI-E bus. Great now even more bloated shit games will be coming out in waves not to mention GPU's that will come out with the starting price of $1000.00. Yeah bring it on baby I wanna spend a cool 1k for my graphics fix... Fuck that.

You do know that two SSD's in a Raid 0 will deliver fucking fast performance gains right? Hell SATA III is 6 Gbps as it is now.

Here's an idea worth doing; how's about they actually get off there asses and bring 10GB networking to the consumer level. Cards, switches, the whole bit. As in I go to Walmart and see 10 Gbps networking shit on the shelves. That's your fucking bottleneck right there.

Intel is getting btfo'd hard in audio. I can't wait for the 3950x numbers

Do you just hate everything when it's first released or something? Did you fight against PCIe 3.0 with the same tenacity?
Every technological advance in the consumer space is made possible by early adopters, these "special snowflake consumers". If they didn't exist then there would be no progress because it wouldn't be commercially viable.
This is extreme levels of cope and seethe for an absolutely retarded reason. No one is forcing you to buy anything. It exists for those that want it.

Attached: Teaching.retarded.jpg (201x300, 23K)

I had a core2 quad and some shitty ati back then, wasn't technologically literate and all my games ran fine (freelancer, colin mcrae 2005)...
Honestly these early adopters can choke on it for all I care, as long as they do it at the leisure and quiet of their own homes and lives, not shill online for loyalty points.

>fans on your router
yikes

>freelancer
My niggah

It will matter as soon as intel has it
of course they'd say it doesnt matter if their fcompetition has it

Pcie 4.0 is a short term dead platform

Intel will be using Pcie 5.0

kek, this cope. You think they can just jump to PCIe 5.0 that easily? The spec was finished recently, we won't be seeing in until 2021 at the earliest and that's two whole years of AMD having more bandwidth for the users. I for one can't wait for Threadripper on Zen 2 with all those juicy lanes.

But he's right. The fastest cards today can barely saturate PCIe 3.0 x8. We're not close to needing PCIe 4.0 for GPUs.

>lanes are only for GPUs

>gamers
l2read article. No gamer needs a PCI4 SSD.