My old FX 8350 felt significantly more powerful than my OC'd i5-6600...

My old FX 8350 felt significantly more powerful than my OC'd i5-6600. In face if I didn't get rid of my 8350 when I "upgraded it" I would be putting it back in.

Intel feels like shit during general use, and always has. AMD was better even back in the piledriver days.

Attached: 1_rwWMirhEosAfaBnkWOwBpg.png (988x1114, 53K)

It's all the BIOS/windows security mitigations. C2Ds are essentially unusable when you fully apply all 30+ and in most cases some will be left out (usually BIOS) because the manufacturer abandoned the device.

Which is why you don't apply the mitigations. You aren't using an old C2D as a server, are you?

Let me guess, you literally swapped motherboards without reinstalling windows?

Usually if you wait for the next Windows 10 update, things will fix themselves because Windows reinstalls everything for each new version.

I reformatted

But then you have gaping security vulnerabilities undetectable by ALL anti-viruses. It isn't just a problem for servers, all it takes is a few lines in javascripts to pull passwords directly out of RAM. And now because of the MDS/zombieland vulnerabilities you have to completely disable hyperthreading to avoid these kinds of attacks even after applying all of the bios/windows security mitigations.

It's a pretty dire situation for intel users right now. The only security mitigation I'd recommend is to upgrade to AMD desu.

I had a fx 6300. It was fucking terrible. Please fuck off idiot

lol fuck you motherfucker

>AMDrones actually believe this

It's true though, you basically have 2 options:

Get fucked and use an intel system with 0 mitigations knowing that at any point that you use the internet an ad or even part of a seemingly benign website with malicious javascript will hack you. Or get cucked and lose like 50% CPU and SSD performance after disabling hyoerthreading and installing all 30+ security mitigations in the BIOS and through windows updates.

Though you can do a little bit of both if want. Cucked and fucked by the bull might be up your alley, idk.

Remember: A/V literally cannot detect these attacks.

Things were much simpler with Zen 1. All you had to do was point out price performance and that would fill your shilling quota. Now you have to type all this shit.

>You aren't using an old C2D as a server, are you?

Attached: 1560809275558.jpg (216x234, 8K)

It's true tho, the performance regressions can get real nasty the older the CPU is. pic related from spectre and meltdown V1s ONLY

Attached: meltdown_crystal_disk_mark_6_4k_read_q32_t1_broadwell_xps13_corei5-100747467-large.jpg (700x421, 33K)

This but unironically.
I am still using my Phenom IIx4

But these numbers show after the Windows patches, right?

I mean, if you reinstall your OS (or downgrade), you'll recover the full performance, right?

I'm not talking about other patches, like the BIOS and shit.

Unless you're downgrading to vista, you're still going to have the windows patches, they didn't just patch windows 10

yeah op is a fucking moron

make sure to use linux bro

Of course FX-8350 is still powerful as fuck.

*sip*

Attached: Fine Wine.png (1600x1036, 726K)

I'm on 7 #NeverUpdate.

Maybe one day I'll jump into Linux. But not today...

Honestly it does feel better than my i5-4570 but i'd think an OC'd i5-6600 should be at it, no?