GNU/Linux is illegal

Daily reminder that the fsf doesn't have linus torvalds' authorization to use the linux trademark in the "GNU/Linux" form, and it violates one of the trademark guidelines as in pic related.
linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage/

Attached: IMG_20190803_163213.jpg (1113x788, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

duhaime.org/LegalDictionary/R/ReversePassing-Off.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So, what are they gonna do about it?

They could sue the fsf, debian and other GNU/Linux fags into oblivion

With whose money and in whose court exactly? It's just a bunch of amatuers typing on keyboards. No judge on the planet will see this in a serious light.

Plus, it would greatly tarnish the image of linux. FSF can then easily switch to linux-libre and linux will be left without a single OS.

with the money and court of some of the biggest companies

For me, it's gnu+Linux

Based Linus
So what happened to him after the pc reabilitation? I'm not up to date to the loonix personality shit, i just use gnu/linux on old hardware is pretty useful

Linux is only trademarked because some giganigger tried to trademark it and extort the Linux foundation.
Linus isn't interested in trademark communist law

Hopefully they sue Archfags

would never happen because it'd be against the spirit of everything that linux is supposed to be about. If that happened then the entire FOSS community would essentially excommunicate Linus and move on without him, changing the name if necessary.

For me is LUnix, because I know how STOLE CODE looks like...
And most LUnixfags will try to defend Torvalds' nigger ways.
In his case is not a bike, but: Nigga stole my code.

this is inconsequential
torvalds is a fag and he's not gonna be remembered once he croaks

Who gives a shit about the name? Everyone knows it as Linux, you can call it what you want.
This "debate" is emblematic of the petty infighting that plagues the Linux communities.

are you?

>trademark communist law
Wha

Why don't GNU/fags insist that everything else developed under a GNU/license be called GNU/x? Why don't they insisting on calling it GNU/Tutanota, or GNU/WordPress?

I think Torvalds is cool.

GNU/Linux only really applies to distros that make extensive use of the GNU userland. Android is linux minus that for example.
Why would an email service or a cms have to use the GNU mark?

Here's me not giving a fuck :DDDDD

Nope, GNU plus Linux is not illegal, as it is an accurate description of the trademarked goods.
If you install a GNU plus Linux distribution, you are installing a distribution of software tools with a GNU trademark as well as a kernel with a Linux trademark.

you fucking criminal

technically, it is illegal to NOT call it GNU/Linux, and Linus Torvalds/Linux Distributions could be sued as it is considerd "reverse passing off"
duhaime.org/LegalDictionary/R/ReversePassing-Off.aspx

Ok then, my OS is Gnu.

"GNU/Linux" is a descriptive term, not a trademark of the FSF. Your entire argument ends there. But you already knew that.

Thanks for the nice arguments. This was a bait thread i made to gather nice info to research about. There's a fag here in my country that made some retarded arguments against gnu overall, this was one of them. I'll write an article to prove his retarded points as false.

Yeah, his tech reviews are pretty cool

Attached: images (2).jpg (275x183, 10K)