Windows 10 Defeats Tor, No?

Using Tor on Windows 10 is largely pointless if trying to hide from the NSA, no? Since Microsoft stores all websites you visit, and the NSA has access to that information, all they need to know is "Bob visited X.com at X time, X, time, and X time," so the Tor hops in between don't even matter, correct?

Additionally, Windows 10 defeats Tor on a larger internet infrastructure scale in that any Tor nodes (be they end, middle, or entry) running on Windows 10 report all connection details and activity to Microsoft, correct? So even if you are using Tor on Tails, any Windows 10 nodes will report the activity and details to Microsoft.

Tell me how I am wrong in assuming this.

Also, does Windows 10 collect passwords or login details to non-Microsoft sites? Does it collect everything you type, say, in a Word document? In an Open Office document? What you search for in your files? If the answer is no, how would anyone even verify this?

Attached: Tor.png (800x484, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

security.stackexchange.com/questions/171478/are-intel-chipsets-spying-on-us
archive.is/svmWf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
archive.is/OBGB1
archive.is/tW6fu
archive.is/2XIvX
archive.is/qLRZx
archive.is/thsGd
archive.is/sz1nt
archive.is/g3QdQ
archive.is/ko469
archive.is/l6pmO
archive.is/zK93U
archive.is/CEvKh
archive.is/vhjwm
archive.is/2jehd
archive.is/KQsBh
archive.is/MB0Yy
twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wouldn't be surprised if even the CPU was tracking us..
security.stackexchange.com/questions/171478/are-intel-chipsets-spying-on-us

Based

If you live outside South Canada, you can still use it for watching cp and M$ won't do shit.

You shouldn't be using it on any persistent volume, much less one that has Windows as a host. Why take that chance?

No, I don't use Windows 10, but in a year or so 90% of people will, as they are essentially forced to, so that is why it's my hypothetical.

theoretically windows 10 collects everything, but of course they're tight lipped and shill their damage control bullshit to try to obfuscate this. AFAIK they even track stuff like keylogs. So yes, they can easily get all your passwords and everything else that you do on a default windows 10 computer that hasn't had telemetry hard-removed. And of course, even then we don't actually know whether or not it's REALLY disabled/blocked.

The best way is probably Tails or Whonix.

>Using Tor is largely pointless
here fixed that for you.

Agreed, user. Realistically, using the service on Windows (of any type) is a bad move, and people who want their privacy need to understand that. It's survival of the fittest I guess.

Is there an official source for this? Is there any kind of denial from Microsoft? Is what's typed in Office or even Open Office/LibreOffice really sent to Microsoft?

At some point back in 2016 (if memory serves) Microsoft released a list of all of the things that Windows 10 collects out of damage control. No idea if that list is still on their serves, much less serchable, but yes. If you type something into an Office document/spreadsheet/whatever, it gets sent elsewhere. What exactly is done with it is up for debate, but if you value what you type, that doesn't matter. Your info is out there.

Here's the thing. Unless you are human offal, none of that shit actually matters.

M$ is spying on you, really? Yes, they know everyhing you do, everywhere you go, they are monetizing your data, and they don't give a shit what you watch, or read, or do, who you vote for, or who you fuck. Because you don't do fuck all for your 'political' freedom.

So unless you're an actual pedo or scumbag, you have absolutely no use for this technology, because every single person in the West is already trained from birth to be hand fed whatever their masters feed them.

Now fuck you basement dwelling spergs

>Microsoft released a list of all of the things that Windows 10 collects
archive.is/svmWf

The thing is, you have no way of knowing. Microshaft's winblows' code is proprietary and since you can't read it you don't know what the fuck is going on under the hood.

If you must use that shitshow of an OS you should assume every fucking keypress is being monitored

I refuse to believe this is true, even though I know deep down that it is. What the fuck.

>M$ is spying on you, really? Yes, they know everyhing you do, everywhere you go, they are monetizing your data, and they don't give a shit what you watch, or read, or do, who you vote for, or who you fuck.

If they don't give a shit, why are they collecting it? Do any of the people getting it from them, including the NSA, care? How do you know? What are your sources? NSA leaks have shown that they are using data to politically profile people.

>So unless you're an actual pedo or scumbag, you have absolutely no use for this technology

How do you know?

i doubt they could use keylogs in court as evidence against you

From Day 1 the EULA on Windows gave MS access to any and all files on your PC at any time. It is a condition of the licence.
Remember, even if you bought Windows, all you have is a licence to use it. Nobody can actually own a copy of Windows. The terms of the licence are legaly binding.

Got an email a few days ago from M$ saying support for Win7 (the last great Windows OS imo) will end Jan 2020. Really don't want to use Win 10 b/c of all the spying it does, but they'll eventually cut off Win8 too and all the sheeple will be herded into Win10.

Anyway, what's the best linux distro? All I'm really gonna do is some programming, music production, watch movies on a home theater

linux mint is probably more than enough

If you hit alt+f4 it turns off windows 10 backtracer.

Nothing on the internet is "secure" ever. Everything from hardware id to the internet connection(s) used.

The best way to stay secure is to consider yourself compromised at all times

> 2016 Pasta

Microsoft is part of NSA's mass surveillance program "PRISM":
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

Microsoft informs the NSA about bugs before fixing them:
archive.is/OBGB1

Microsoft openly offeres cloud data to support PRISM:
archive.is/tW6fu

Microsoft has backdoored its disk encryption:
archive.is/2XIvX
archive.is/qLRZx

Windows snoops on the users' files, text input, voice input,
location, contacts, calendar records and web browsing history,
even after related settings are turned off:
archive.is/thsGd
archive.is/sz1nt
archive.is/g3QdQ
archive.is/ko469
archive.is/l6pmO
archive.is/zK93U

Micrcrosoft automatically downloads Windows 10 on PCs running
Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 (between 3.5GB and 6GB), even if
users have not opted-in:
archive.is/CEvKh

Windows 10 scans for illegal/pirated software:
archive.is/vhjwm
archive.is/2jehd
archive.is/KQsBh

Microsoft proudly presents surveillance statistics:
archive.is/MB0Yy

> Over 82 billion photos viewed.
> Gamers spent over 4 billion hours playing PC games.
> 44.5 billion minutes/month spent in Microsoft Edge.
> Over 2.5 billion questions asked of Cortana since launch.
> Windows 10 now active on over 200 million devices.

They didn't even try to hide it.

Attached: 1425275113754.jpg (750x421, 113K)

Only if you use MS services [aka, ms account logged in, ms apps, etc]. I dare you to prove it they do it on local accounts.
Protip: You can't. Go actually read the eula and no bandwagon post on a taiwanese picture forum

They've given the same spiel as every other data-collecting spyware company out there: "sure, goy, we collect all your data and very critical stuff, but we totally only use it for R&D purposes (source: trust us, goy)! It's also totally anonymized, even though all the data being sent could easily be identified to you if you have anything including your name or other identifying information"
It's all a bunch of obvious bullshit.

>"windows 10 doesn't track you if you don't use microsoft services"
>unironically believing this in 2019
twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328

Attached: 1495442933592.png (625x977, 246K)

is there a master list of addresses I can block at the router level as an added layer of security on top of using LTSC?

STOP
USING
MICROSOFT
OPERATING
SYSTEMS
Jesus fuck, it's obvious. If you're not using GNU/Linux or some form of BSD, throw away your fucking computer.

post your face, a scan of your id/drivers license/ passport and your finger print here then, since you have nothing to hide you shouldn't be worried right?

There are probably many blogs talking about that, but as that expert said, windows 10 breaks if you try to forcefully deny its favorite pings. I've been using win7 since it was launched and never updated when win10 came out, just manually installed a few security updates like the ransomware-related ones. Never had to format this partition, not even once.

see

My concern is for the future though. Can't stay on Win7 forever. You got shit like the new CPUs not even supporting Win7 installation, afaik.
Also do you have a link to more info on what happens exactly if you block windows telemetry at the router level? How exactly does it break?

I don't know the details of that, honestly I'm just waiting for ReactOS to get on Windows XP levels of handiness, I'll be on 7 till the time comes.

legitimately fills me with anger

Attached: heat.jpg (720x833, 27K)

Window 10 is like having your own personal NSA agent at home recording your every move. Isn't it great?

>South Canada
Great White Cope

Attached: reynolds-foil.jpg (1200x800, 120K)

Attached: 1545039448243.jpg (498x697, 92K)

Attached: chomp.jpg (500x413, 72K)