I'm the only one that suffer from coil whine?

I'm the only one that suffer from coil whine?

Attached: Nortel-BayStack-5510-Coil-closeup-POST.jpg (1024x768, 360K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thume.ca/screentunes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

my pc has coil whine and I have tinnitus. the ride never ends

I don't buy AMD so no

brand new MSI laptop has coil whine when waking from sleep >.< sounds like a very quiet reeEE the pepe is awakening

get it replaced then

I bought a lenovo ideapad 330s with intel 8250u, actually I was thinking to sell this pc and move to a ryzen laptop.

My PC has coil whine. GPU and PSU.

I thought the thumbnail was an Indian guy squat shitting haha!

my webcam has coil whine even when its off

Corsair PSU has had a super high-pitch beeeeep....beeeeeep...beeeeeep for 8 years when computer is turned off. Drove me mad for the first 2 years, but then I embraced the beeeeep and almost cant sleep without it.

Had a samsung monitor that also made a bunch of electrical noises. My room really turned into an electrical orchestra at night.

Set hostname to pepe or autismo. You wake it up and it REEEEEEEEEEEEEE at you for disturbing its sleep. Problem solved.

My PC used to have coil whine but strangely it disappeared when I switched from Windows to GNU/Linux. I'm not sure how because the coil whine would be at full effect when I powered on the computer and then gradually decrease so this seems like it wouldn't have been caused by Windows.

Which linux distro you are using?

Must be, none of my electronics has coil whine.

TFW I have no coil whine at all, I just replaced the CPU fan with a enermax and its now quieter than a sleeping baby

im seriously considering putting my computer in the other room and running the cables thru a fucking hole drilled in the wall.
>FUCKING CPU OR CASE FAN SQUEAKING EVERY GODDAMN 30 MINS AND I HAVE TO JOSTLE THE CASE TO GET IT TO SHUT UP.
>fucking SHITTY ASS GPU FANS WHIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRING WHEN PLAYING GAMES BECAUSE OF SHITTY SUMMER
>coil whine that I'm not even sure exists or if I'm going insane

You don't have to put up with it, you know.
Simply spray the noisy bits with hairspray. Or, if it's still bad, witheopxy.

i've never had coil whine probably because i try not to buy bargain barrel parts

Why don't you just buy new case fans? They're under 10 bucks even for really good/quiet ones for heavens sakes

Bought an Asus Zenbook 2.25 years ago and coil whine has become louder every month. Is that normal?

I don't hear anything above 15kHz no more, so no problem with whine t. boomer

buy new case fans dude and you don't have to fall for the noctua meme, just buy silent fans. the nice ones are like fifteen bucks each and you only need like three of them

Attached: ty150.jpg (474x425, 36K)

the only whining I'm hearing right now is from you.

My Saphhire Rx 480 nitro+ has pretty bad coil whine when i get above 100+ fps in games. The rest of the time im not gaming I dont notice it. Fortunately headphones or my speakers drown it out easily.

If you have coil whine and you haven't tried to cover them in silicon, and don't have any sound dampening panels in your case, you have no right to complain.

My 1060 makes enough coilwhine to get annoyed by. Luckily i have a good closed case.

>Why don't you just buy new case fans?
Because fans have nothing to do with coil whine.
Might as well tell OP to put new rubber feet on his case.

It's a laptop and the coils are isolated...

My 9900k whines during Photoshop, but that's it. 2080ti whines too but it's not so bad anymore. Couldn't really hear it anyways, define R4 case.

Oh fug

My Antec power supply is 16 years old now, should I replace it?

If you care for new features like DC-DC, safeties or semi-fanless.

you can fix it by installing a whole house surge suppressor at the panel

I get coil whine when I scroll on facebook. It reacts to how fast I'm scrolling, with faster scrolling being higher pitch.

in 20 years of working with PCs, the only time ive experienced coil whine is with some shitty OCZ PSU, the noise was terrible and was the reason the customer sent his machine to me

I guess that's a no then.

At every electronics company I've worked for the guy doing analog power circuits is 60+. I have a theory that coil whine is getting worse because the people designing and prototyping the circuits are getting too old to hear it.

A guy posted in a lenovo forum that he fixed the coil whine by simply all the night running crysis 3 at max, doing the same with cod ww2 2017

Fucking hell, user. :(

>I'm
Don't ESL here.

That's weird, my amd cards never had coil whine but my 980ti did non stop.

my GPU has coil whine, my AC adapter has coil whine, my fridge has coil whine, the power transformer next to my house has coil whine
will go mad any moment now

you should.
20m usb cable and hdmi cable and you're done.
it's how i don't have to deal with PS4 noise anymore.

What's coil whine sound like?

It's like a mosquito buzzing but some pitches higher

pretty sure every component in my pc has some sort of coil whine

>coil whine
See that detached white goop on the bottom of the coil? Just add more epoxy/goop and the whine will stop.

Like, "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE."

Attached: 1564708499187.jpg (279x181, 14K)

My laptop has insane coil whine but I don't care.

What? More goop solves it? How.

>he doesn't know

The wine is a vibration in the coils. The white goop in the OP image is merely to affix the coil to the PCB to prevent it from breaking the soldering due to the vibration. It also reduces sound waves. If you pour on enamel, fingernail polish, epoxy, etc all over the coil's wires and from it to the PCB it will reduce the vibration even more and may completely stop any whine it was making. Large transformers hum for the same reason. Some of them even have extra enamel/epoxy on them, through out their wrapped wires to help prevent the hum and make them quieter. Bad hum and vibration is caused by poorly designed, poorly implemented, and/or poorly wrapped transformers.

no, it's very noticeable if you're running a game at 800fps

I'm too old to hear that

I can still hear 15k with my philips ribbons.

Attached: Scott-Storch-may-2017-billboard-1548.jpg (1548x1024, 1.27M)

Which linux distro has the least coil whine?

That Indian guy looks like a coil.
mfw actually a coil.

manjaro

Do it. You're only cucked if you use Displayport or high refresh rates.
I keep my PC in another room entirely because coil whine, pump noise and fan noise were bugging me.

>spoonfeeding some newfag who couldn't even be bothered to look it up himself

covering an inductor with gunk won't make it dangerously hot will it?

you're just retarded. it can happen on any card

you can lock the frame rate if you're not playing meme fps gaymes

bbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

i have a psu in an ancient pc that whines like a motherfucker when the pc is off. however i fix that by just flipping the switch on the psu off

>can't hear the coil whine if I have a bunch of loud fans

Attached: 1554965131789.gif (200x200, 858K)

try to rattle the HDD

Attached: 1556212137098.jpg (1024x768, 218K)

My facebook machine is fanless no noise at all

yeah but I have my computer in another room so it can coilwhine all it wants and I wont hear a god damn thing.

The big annoyance is monitors having high frequency noise when displaying certain shit.

try this website and see if your monitor makes noise (pic related: screenshot from it)

thume.ca/screentunes/

Attached: EPILISY WARNING.png (3809x1937, 65K)

Got some on my old Samsung monitor, it's shit.
But what bothers me more is PWM noise on my CPU fan.

Do it. I have done it and it was the best decision I ever did.

my cheapshit 5 meter (16 feet) Display Port cable can into 4K 60Hz and 1080p 144Hz.

Fuck HDMI 2.0 though. I have tried at least 7 different """"""""""""""""""premium certified"""""""""""""" HDMI 2.0 cables and I can only achieve 4K 60Hz on 2 meter (6 feet) cable. It's impossible on 3 meter or 5 meter cables.

I have coil whine in my rx 590 if I have vsync turned off in older titles, but if you want some serious whining power a pair of desktop speakers directly from the 5 or 12 volt rail of you PSU, you can hear all kinds of stuff, like scrolling a web page, minimizing windows, and the sounds will differ based on what OS you are running, kind of neat.

if your monitor has some whine try changing the brightness on it and it should help

the iPad Pro TM with liquid retina display doesn't have this problem

One of my monitors and my GPU do.

GPU is not too noticeable, because most of the time I ain't pushing it that far. This old monitor though is annoying enough that I make sure that if I disable it (I use it as a secondary monitor) I unplug it as well because it's an annoyance.

This isn't Jow Forums. Take that attitude back to where you came from, friend.

Attached: 2018 November 23 - Everyone is still a newfag.jpg (1683x1690, 281K)

Lub youuu :C

Almost all GPUs have coil whine when cooled with something quieter like a large CPU heatsink, but generally the noise is drowned out by the cooling solutions they come with.

>90s font rendering
>2012 character
>2019 domain

>play minecraft
>GPU squeals at a higher pitch the more I look up

Suck my dick.
Never knew that. Thanks for explaining it BRO.
And suck my dick a second time.

>I have tinnitus
Same here. And, I know this is going to sound weird, but I also see what looks like one of those 80mm cooling fans spinning in the center of my vision. Usually only when my eyes are closed. And if I move my eyes, the spinning changes direction, i.e. from clockwise to counter-clockwise and back. It usually looks small, but sometimes gets larger for no particular reason. Anyone else have this shit?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes actually .Enjoy your worm parasite larva living in your eye.

>tinnitus
WHHHHEEEEEEEEEEE

Coil whines unironically makes me feel relaxed

Either my parts are magically all touched by tech-midas and have no whine, or more likely my ears are too fucked to hear it
>23y/o