Why does Apple have to make their products so FUCKING OBNOXIOUS to disassemble and repair yourself...

Why does Apple have to make their products so FUCKING OBNOXIOUS to disassemble and repair yourself? How are these practices tolerated? Why can't Apple just fucking use STANDARD FUCKING SCREWS and components and not solder everything down. I fucking miss be able to take a regular old screwdriver and replace the RAM, HDD, SSD, CPU etc. It also pisses me off that other manufacturers are copying these practices just because Apple does it. Don't even get me started with the Microsoft Surface.

I can't respect Apple if Apple can't respect the user's freedom to self maintain their products.

Attached: macbookopen.jpg (630x384, 34K)

get a life loser

Take the cock out of your ass, faggot.

make me you fucking dork

They don't want their users to repair their devices, that's it.

torx screws are fairly standard and it's a pretty good design anyway, much better than phillips
fuck those little shit phillips screws that are fucking guaranteed to strip and slide out and shit

fuck companies that use torx security screws though
Microsoft immediately comes to mind, had to repair someone's xbone controller -- the replacement parts came with a screwdriver, but it was one I didn't have.

the nonstandard SSD is bullshit though (got an adapter to use an nvme m.2 drive, but you shouldn't fucking need a god damn adapter)
and glued in/soldered in components can go fuck themselves

because you don't really own their hardware -- you only lease it for a certain time frame

Because apple users are brain dead sheep and gladly take it up the ass.

have sex and buy a macbook loser

I hope this is just an ironic commentary.

Attached: 1559790410500.png (3952x2411, 465K)

>STANDARD FUCKING SCREWS
Torx is standard.

They're just not designed to be repaired. Deal with it. Just get a crusty chinkpad from ebay if you're worried about repairs and durability, macs and surfaces aren't for you.

macs are designed for the same people who get the most expensive phone possible because "lol I'm not paying for it since it's part of my plan" and then get a new one every 2 years. The entire idea is that you never bother with repairs/upgrades because you're just supposed to say "my computer no work good no more!" and then run out and buy another macbook, ostensibly designed for artists and designers, even though you're just a basic bitch who uses it for facebook and twitter.

Isn't that the point? The iBook/MacBook has always been a consumer product.

consumer products for people who *think* they're totally just not consumers.

they don't want a bunch of repair shops botching up repairs

>Why can't Apple just fucking use STANDARD FUCKING SCREWS and components and not solder everything down
Because their goal is to make it as thin and light as possible, while having components take the least amount of space inside as possible. Soldering makes that a lot easier for the engineers.
The Macbook Air also uses LPDDR3, which has no standard connector as it was designed for phones and tablets.

not him/her but thinking this way (knowing it's not true of course) is becoming the healthiest choice if you want to avoid unnecessary stress in your life

Why?

Leasing devices would be better for the environment, assuming it came at a significantly reduced cost (it wouldn't) and components were properly recycled at their end of their said lease. Their are already leases for phones for whatever reason, but you save a whopping $240 over 2 years and if it's an iPhone, you could sell it for $500+ 2 years later which makes it a retarded choice.
Instead, we're just dumping out shit into landfills year in and year out.

>I can't respect Apple
Nobody, least of all Apple, cares how you feel.
Hard to accept, I know.

iToddlers SEETHNG

Attached: IH0n6LX[1].png (1980x1080, 68K)

torx=! (((pentalobe)))

Attached: 9cc[1].jpg (680x813, 56K)

Since when do they use pentalobe screws on MacBooks?

Since people started having torx bits and it stopped being a barrier to people repairing their own shit.

>Why does Apple have to make their products so FUCKING OBNOXIOUS to disassemble and repair yourself?
Because a monopoly on repairs is financially beneficial to Apple shareholders. They constantly rave about their recycling facilities that ensure no part is wasted - repairs simply feed into that. A fuse blows on your motherboard, so you take it to Apple. The 'genius bar' doesn't know what electric is, so they invoice you for a new motherboard. You pay for the new motherboard, and apple either (1) replaces the fuse, sticks it in a new case and sells it again or (2) extracts the components and ships them to their manufacturing facilities.

No, seriously. Do they actually use them?

Its because leasing wasn't an attempt to improve anything but the profit margins of cell phone service providers and increase quarterly sales of cell phones, it had nothing to do with the manufacture of them until the cell phone manufacturers realized they could still generate sales with an msrp of $1100 for a God damn cell phone since most people lease theirs anyways

Because your average Apple user is a braindead moron and he's certainly gonna fuck something up if he tries opening it.

Yes, and it's annoying as hell.

being tech retarded is not an Apple exclusive feature tho

This. Apple is protecting it's users from themselves. Why buy a product you know you can't tinker with OP?

Attached: IMG_20190721_073257_317.jpg (594x648, 41K)

you don't repair fashion accessories, you use them and throw them away

It's a lifestyle product. If you wanted a proper repairable tool you wouldn't be buying itoys

>torx screws
macbook uses security pentalobe though

Fuck Apple

They arnt meant to be disassembled headass. If something stops working, it gets mac book users to go and spen 1000+ on a '' repair'' only to get another new macbook

b

they don't want retards screwing up the internals and having to deal with them at the genius bat

BMW does the same thing, and people still buy them both because the status the object brings supplants the practicality.

Products are packages of emphasis.
Modularity is not emphasized well in Apple's products because they're not really meant for people who like to sit around and tinker with their shit. Apple's products are essentially designed for people who don't like technology and want it to get out of the way as much as possible; the type of person who's most likely to just take it to an Apple retail store and let them fix it.
If you want modularity, get a ThinkPad.

Repairs usually cost like $400 max, at least from my experience. Sometimes they'll even fix / replace stuff for you even if you're out of warranty.
>inb4 you post a screenshot of a news article where Apple charged one guy a ridiculous amount for what could've been a cheap repair once

except that BMW has world class handling, Apples has nothing. OS X is no longer better than Windows and Apple's aluminum is no longer "special" or "luxurious"

>no longer
aluminum was never "special" or "luxurious"

Attached: 1550886086780.jpg (1200x730, 208K)

this

T2 chip. Have fun bricking your machine

Well i'd say that macbooks are generally easier to service than most of "windows" laptops.
Taking apart usually takes 5 screws and voila everything is on display.
Simple operations like cleaning the fan or replacing HDD/RAM can take hours of disassembly on most lenovo/hp/whatever plastic laptops that are held together with 50 screws and 50 plastic clips. It's just pain to service.
Also why the hate for torx? It's the best screw out there, and everyone uses it... Philips is just pain to work with, skips all the time and nobody really understands sizes and it's hard to tell which size of screwdriver to use, on torx it's just way simpler and never skips.

The hate is just unjusitfiable since everyone solders down components nowdays, Lenovo soldered ram from T440 era and yet only apple gets the hate. Now everyone except for workstations uses soldered ram.

Also what's up with all that bootloader locking and unrepairable laptops from microsoft? Shouldn't that get more hate?

Just look at the picture, if you use the microsoft laptop regularly it gets dirty, and you can't clean the fucker or replace the palm rest because fuck you its all glued together.

Attached: DCNe3wtXoAAnFbs.jpg (1200x900, 287K)

base

something doesn't actually have to be good for people to associate it with luxury. beats by dre are a very prominent example.
the fact that it costs a lot of money and has ridiculously good brand recognition is enough.

and, to relate it back to cars, ever been in a modern C-class? dogshit quality interior.

>applel

Wow you must love sucking dick

They're for a different demographic.
Making things slim and easily repairable are incompatible design decisions.
The one good thing is I hear you can download the board diagrams because they're leaked by chinks.
Never owned one and never will though.

IPhones are very repairable compared to Samsung and others.
All modern laptops appear to inhibit repairability

have sex

an actually reasonable and intelligent post on Jow Forums? this can't be real

y-you too

base