Rust + RiscV

Rust and RiscV are the future of computing.
* These technologies will allow for highly secure systems at every level of the stack.
* These are open technologies, no one is beholden to royalties or NDAs.
* These technologies benefit from hindsight, Rust integrates new programming features that aren't present in C and RiscV is a simple ISA that can be extended as developers see fit.

Attached: 36762091.png (250x250, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

doc.rust-lang.org/book/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can you even use Rust on PPC?

as much as you can honestly use it elsewhere
that is to say,
not at all

>Rust and RiscV are the future of computing.
no it's not because by the time RiscV machines are out all the Rust devs will have committed suicide from their gender dysphoria

All this anti-Rust propaganda has gotten me really interested in it. How can I get started with it? What's the best IDE for Rust?

Rust has a lot of issues on the git

I had this dilemma the other day. PPC is only supported on Linux and it's "Tier 2" Basically it's left up to you to fill in the gaps since they won't properly support anything not x86/x86_64 let alone test them.

most of them are request features and retards complaining about nonsense

only 40% of the devs

Intellij is the best I think. Vs code exists but has some issues.

>How can I get started with it?
doc.rust-lang.org/book/
>What's the best IDE for Rust?
IntelliJ and CLion have Rust plugins which I've found work quite well.

You are completely right. It's a shame I won't have time to actually dive into Rust for a while.
>writing this while wasting time in this place
I really should just kill myself

Wonderful. That means it's active.

All this pro-rust propaganda thinly veiled as anti-rust propaganda gives a good indication on how desperate they are for users. Responses like yours are from people too stupid to do anything, can you reply without have the user count go up.

>Gee I wonder who we should advertise this state-of-the-art programming language to.
>Why not this containment board for NEET losers who can't program for shit?

Attached: doritouwot.jpg (491x585, 29K)

when you only see brainlets criticizing something naturally intelligent people will become interested

Rust is going to be polluted by Google, Microsoft, Amazon and so on like they did with the Linux kernel and other projects. :(

1/4th of them is officially labelled as "bug", and that's over 1.4k issues

40% every year, by the time the chinks shit out a usable RISC-V cpu, all the rustcels will have became a statistic

Who even uses rust except from that System 76 guy that is making an os an d mozilla for that piece of shit servo

Nim
Zig
V

who needs dilateLang

Which is why we have a rust shilling thread every day. Oh wait... that does sound like desperation.

Does Rust even work on RISC-V? Is it at least being actively ported?

LLVM supports RISC-V so I'm going to assume you can at least cross compile to it.

it uses llvm, which means it can pretty much target anything.

>LLVM language of the month is going to use tech that no one gives a shit.
My dudes you on some type of crack from another planet.
To be clear:
No one care about security, its an assumed risk that will happen anyways, like banks assume credit card fraud programmers assume that their code is shit and fill fail. People wont mutilate their variables every fucking line just so they produce more secure code.
RiscV is A meme, you have to be extremely delusional to believe that CPU corporations with decades long knowledge about how shit has to go down will be outperformed by some guy at an university, Generic CPUs will be always the way to go.

Hello Gheorghe, we've been expecting you.

I too can't wait for a new age of vendor lock-in and exploitation through highly customized "free" hardware that still can't be fabricated, modified or even non-destructively audited by the end user, and a brand new language that introduces nothing actually novel other than ensuring that older hardware that existed prior to integrated spying technologies being economically feasible is not usable or extensible by the general population.