E-INC PATENT JUST EXPIRED

CHEAP CHINESE GOODS THEN?
when pringls explined goods come at next day

Attached: SWITH_CALC.jpg (916x856, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

patents.google.com/patent/US20080043317A1/en
youtube.com/watch?v=HbvYeLxMKN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Didn't it expire in march or may already?
Still waiting on those cheap a4 sized readers, because fuck off paying $600+ for that boox one.

don't know how patents work. could someone just grab and put their name under it now and the whole shit starts anew?

patents.google.com/patent/US20080043317A1/en
According to that link, it only became "abandoned" today.

>implying the chinese give a shit about patents

Most eink related patents expired in 2016 and that didn't change shit.

???
no
yeah, let me repatent the electric bulb wtf

youtube.com/watch?v=HbvYeLxMKN8

>abandoned
what next?

Laptop-sized e-ink displays when

Attached: 1559617509234.jpg (1080x1108, 113K)

damn look at that big boy

My ereader's screen is larger than my laptop's

God I can't wait. Physical textbooks will die overnight when all colleges can now rent out digital copies for nearly the same price, but with nearly none of the overhead.

Would eink support writing styluses fast enough to actually be useful? Because that would be pretty nice too.

They give a shit about mass producing and legally selling them in the west. The whole fashion mock up only works because niggers as the middle mens.

Finally. Can't wait to get a decent sized one to read textbooks and papers.

>Would eink support writing styluses fast enough to actually be useful?
Yes

Can't wait for $50 manga reader with eink that lasts months on single battery charge.

They already do, the only people that think the delay is significant are just whiners.

CHEAP A4 E-INK MANGA READER
FUCKING CHINKS GET ON IT

it will take a couple years before they will figure out how to make a good one

No, the patent system is designed to encourage innovation. If you invent something you get a 20 year exclusive right to the idea.

The DM42 doesn't use e-ink.

Isn't that already a thing?

Like that 13 inch display?

it does

>China
>giving a shit about patents
>having a working legal system

Chinese lawyers are suffering media blackouts in China after complaining about the lack of neutrality in their court system. Western courts are also talking about the issues in their courts. You can't even talk about that in China though.
In fact patents are increasingly hitting a roadblock because people are not respecting every states legal system more and more. That's what happens when you have legal systems that are:
>too complex to understand
>too expensive to use for a fair trial

Courts established themselves as a tool for people to settle disputes. At the start it was based on loose ethical concepts. Nowadays, the regulations are so detailed that ironically Judges are making loose assumptions more and more. This is not the same legal environment it was 50 or 100 years ago. This is more the beginning of a return to a legal environment of 700 years ago. How can patents enforce itself in such a world?

Attached: this is fine.gif (436x500, 1.43M)

Now that's a cat.

Where is the chinese close of the swiss micros? It's made with 5 dollars worth of parts Why would I pay the germans $200 for one?

There's Truly SC123 or something like that which is chink hp12c clone it's ugly tho and not that cheap at ~$25.

Attached: TB1421jQVXXXXa.XpXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg (800x800, 259K)

>germans
worse, he's a sw*ss

Based, intellectual property is a scam.

>chinks never care about copyright either way
>dont produce shit
>copyright ends
>dont produce shit

This is why capitalism will always prevail because it provides service for demand.

Chinks wont produce them till some other country designs a actual working product that is safe and then they will mass replicate it.
No imagination or strategy.

That's about what I got my used 12C for

No it does not, it uses a Sharp Memory display, which is a super-reflective LCD marketed as 'e-paper' vastly different from 'e-ink'

based

Those buttons look STURDY

>chinks never care about copyright either way
Believe it or not chinks DO care somewhat
Cherry MX key switch clones didn't come into fruition until abit after the patent expired
The chinks are not that dumb to begin actively producing something that is clearly still under a patent, especially if they plan to sell in the US domestic market

>'e-paper' vastly different from 'e-ink'
also stay same when powered off
it the same

Is that the final status ? Or can the owner reapply the patent ?

Since when do the chinks give a shit about patents

When wanting to sell outside of China as a legitimate company and not just be a chinkshit peddler on Aliexpress

a while ago
the problem is that the drivers are hard to come by

If it's like the HP they are. I still have my hp48g and it's a tank.

the refresh rates are garbo

bump

Color Eink never.

laptop displays used to have passive matrix LCDs, and contrast so bad it was like looking at a gameboy light screen, and people still found plenty of uses for them
having no backlight means little screen power usage, and you can read and write things outside

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

Backlit eink is actually the single best lite screen option out there. With very minimal light setting you can easily reed in the dark/low-light, but in direct sunlight it is exactly like reading off of paper. I have my kindle set to very low light and that's enough to be readable in any light condition I have come across.

aren't eink screens frontlit?

Android e-ink when?

I want this built into a flip phone cover So I can read phone in sunlight. Just need bluetooth connect, own battery and a driver and be $25.

There's Android e-readers like the Kikebook Mars, unless you mean fones, which exist but are, naturally, ungogly expensive.

Yotaphone tried that

bump

The Laura of wet blankets enters the thread.

Instead of participating in thread discussion, this Laura just wants to point out that you're currently at the edge of the board and about to die. =^_^=

Attached: Laura.png (189x274, 75K)

I'm excited for more E-ink smartwatches.
Although for now I'm waiting for Mi Band 4.

Attached: 2019-05-15-04-17-15.jpg (1000x667, 100K)