After so many years of distro hopping and caring about what anons or other people think it's cool...

After so many years of distro hopping and caring about what anons or other people think it's cool, I decided to settle for Ubuntu. I guess I'm getting old but I just don't care anymore about stupid memes about the name or how newbie friendly it is. I have nothing to prove. I've installed everything from Debian to Void to CentOS to Arch, etc. Ubuntu, despite canonical being stupid lots of time, just offers so much support for any problem. You don't even need wikis, you google the problem and you got the result. It's so easy to install and maintain, especially the LTS versions. I know it's based on Debian but the fact is there's a lot more help and support for it than Debian. It also freezes packages in sid and even experimental and gets them working in a stable matter,
Anyway, "nice blog" aside, I think as you get older you realize time is short and you can learn about Linux in any distro, you don't need to spend hours or even days installing things you can install in 10 minutes on systems like Ubuntu.

Attached: ub.png (474x666, 65K)

I use Devuan. It just werks, no nonsense, and no systemd.
Improved it by installing Cinnamon.

I settled after a week when I realised all the distros are the same with a different de, configs and default repo.

How do I get OBS with NVENC ffmpeg that can write to mounted HDDs on ubuntu?

Attached: 15579246751515.jpg (1280x720, 193K)

i actually saw an elisp library that does this automatically, just google for it and youll find it

Welcome home white man.

>ubantoo
which means you are not ready to settle yet.
your last distro will be Windows 10.
screencap this.

this is an issue? the latter part in particular seems like a user error.

I have to agree, it is pretty good.
Why not BSD though?

This. Ask for genuine Microsoft software.

Been using Linux for 20 years, settled with Debian many years ago. Ubuntu is buggy as shit and I prefer a non profit organization behind my distro. Gentoo is genuinely good too, but compiling started to seem like a waste of electricity and CPU life.

Yeah, its good.

does cinnamon drains battery though? i am using lxqt right now on ubuntu for maximum battery lifeā„¢ but it feels there are many little quirks hidden everywhere that fuck you over when you need them

This. Unless you're a normie who does nothing with his PC but surf Facebook and Jow Forums, eventually you're going to get sick of the lack of software the dozens of niggling issues and you're going to switch to a disto that really works, a.k.a Windows 10.

Why would you settle for anything but vanilla Debian or Arch? Install them and make them what you want.

Is Devuan Debian's twin brother that didn't go along with Red Hat?

The same here. I don't like Canonical either but after a few years you get tired of needlessly dealing with bullshit like you have to do with other hobby distros.

OP here, distro hopping is truly pointless. Rolling release or stable, rpm or deb, it doesn't matter in the end. You can run anything in any system.
With that said, I've used Debian for too long to jump to Ubuntu now. It just feels weird. So I'll keep using Debian

same.
best choice.
Ubuntu + KDE (offcial PPA) + liquorix kernel

Manjaro is the best distro, easy to install and can use AUR

Been using Ub*ntu for years now.
I feel ashamed for taking so long to understand the stupidity of memedistros and distrohopping.

>I just don't care anymore about stupid memes about the name or how newbie friendly it is.

Attached: 306529.jpg (640x480, 35K)