I got hacked

Is there any reason for some hacker to create multiple VMs on your device? I opened nautilus and there were 3 new things mounted when I wasn't doing anything but waste time reading chinese comics. I checked the available storage and it didn't change, it's still the exact same before I noticed the mounted devices/VMs(?). I can't search anything about "multiple VMs nautilus display bug" or any combination of it, I'm going fucking crazy here Jow Forums. I just want to know why there were 15 fucking things mounted on my device, what was the fucking purpose

Also here's my post about it on /cybsec/

Attached: durr.png (213x340, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anteru.net/blog/2019/automatic-mounts-using-systemd/
bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=191644
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Forgot to add that when I saw the 15 things mounted on my device I panicked and restarted my laptop. It's not there anymore

are you sure they weren't snaps or smth

I dunno, I checked the logs and this is what I saw when I tried grepping /media/gary
12:59 is when I restarted my laptop. Someone tell me this shit is normal please

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-04 15-37-43.png (1717x651, 483K)

Please come with us, user.

Attached: mpv-shot0002.jpg (1520x1080, 152K)

I'm sorry Gary I don't really know enough to help. Maybe you might have better luck on stack exchange or reddit (I'm sure there's some linux help subreddit)?

Attached: 1543893416128.png (320x320, 37K)

Thanks, it's fine. I was mostly wondering if someone knows off the cuff what the fuck is up with the VM fuckery, not necessarily getting help with the hack. I'll post on leddit when I can

Sorry to say this, but reddit is more helpful for these kinds of threads.

what's this from?

lain (anime) it's very slow, but if you're fine with that it's a pretty great show

Gary you fucking moron. How many times do we have to tell you that you don't have to shut off the whole electrical system when u get penetrated against your will?

Sorry man.

hey be nice to Gary he tries his hardest
Gary sweetie, it's alright. I know it was an accident. I love you so much this type of things happens to tons of people you really shouldn't feel that bad about it.

What I'm getting from this thread is that Gary (OP) is some sort of dumb schizo or moron that doesn't know shit about using his operating system and keeps making threads like these, I'm guessing he's also known for making these types of threads
The way he types just makes me believe he's got BPD or schizophrenia
I mean what kind of moron comes to the conclusion he's been hacked just like that?
Correct me if I'm wrong

no that's not what's happening silly we are just messing around. idk enough about linux to tell what's going on and as far as I know gary isn't a frequent poster.
how the heck do you think that he has BPD or schizo from just that. Sure maybe he's a bit paranoid but that's about it
Don't worry Gary I still love you

1 2 3 love Gary

Gary why won't you respond and accept our love for you

Attached: 1556342926312.jpg (300x250, 12K)

dont you have a pendrive or something plugged in

dont you have a pendrive or something plugged in

I tried to restart my laptop to try to recreate what the fuck happened in the logs but I can't
This is my first time posting a thread on Jow Forums. I don't know shit, I don't know why there were 4 loop* files suddenly mounted as I opened my laptop. Looks like it has something to do with disk space caching. I don't know why it persisted though, I can see shit mounted there even after a while. A bug?
Nothing plugged in

copied from /cyb/

Were you reading eBook files by chance? fbz is a file extension used for fb2 zipped files, shortened from fb2.zip.

Assuming the "generated mountpoints" are the new /dev/loopX/UUID partitions, my assumption is they're most likely just generic loopback devices/snaps. Nothing to be worried about.

none of that suggests VMs specifically
i'm not sure exactly what you did to cause these messages though
the high device major, and loop device name both suggest mounting an image file or similar, not a real device
the image also contains multiple partitions ("loop23p3")
but it looks like the same image is attached to and mounted from 4 different loop devices at once (same guid + 0-3), for reasons i can't imagine
i wouldn't jump to any "ids a haggar!" conclusions just from these

I wasn't, but I was using mcomix to read manga (jpgs and pngs).
I don't know either. It basically happened a few seconds after I opened my laptop from hibernation. Some other shit included in pic. I was torrenting before hibernating (I didn't bother closing qbittorrent) which may be relevant.
>I wouldn't jump to any "ids a haggar!"
I was mostly spooked that there were suddenly these unknown devices mounted. That's really what I wanted to know, if there's any point to the multiple VMs thing. Apparently it's not VMs so that's good. Aside from that nothing really happened. I think it's not nothing but whatever, fuck it

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-04 16-51-09.png (1150x219, 91K)

What operating system?
Also
>systemd
anteru.net/blog/2019/automatic-mounts-using-systemd/

What 3.8G volume was it trying to mount, user? Because that looks like a usb drive to me. I searched for the error code it threw and came across this

bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=191644

>that looks like a usb drive to me.
it's being mounted from a loop device, which suggests an image, not a real device

Aren't most loop devices noted as loop0 though? How the fuck do you get loop20-24, and the other thing that strikes me as odd is all of them have partition p3, but iirc that's normal.

>Aren't most loop devices noted as loop0 though?
the first one is, the second is loop1, then loop2, etc
>How the fuck do you get loop20-24
by making 21-25 loop devices
not unusual, especially on systems where you use disk images a lot, like snaps
>all of them have partition p3, but iirc that's normal.
it's normal in the sense that a loop devices' partition 3 is called "p3", yes

So Gary's computer somehow was trying to mount 4 simultaneous loop devices on a random substitute mount point "on behalf of UID 1000" whatever that means

>trying to mount 4 simultaneous loop devices
the same image 4 times, going off the GUIDs
>on a random substitute mount point
the volumes' GUID (which going off the format suggests it's not a vfat or ntfs volume, since they use another UID format)
>"on behalf of UID 1000" whatever that means
the message is from a tool which handles (auto)mounting on behalf of users who otherwise don't have the permissions to do so, this is normal
UID 1000 is the first normal user (likely gary)

Ubuntu 18.04
Aside from what the other user has replied to you, I just wanna mention that I don't have anything plugged in
id -u gary shows 1000

If anyone's messing with Gary, Imma get squad to pull up.