Can technology make you depressed, Jow Forums?

Seriously, I think internet and social media are doing something to my brain chemistry.

Attached: 6a00e553feb60f88340120a6b1fb76970c-800wi.png (320x298, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u4NIfMc3onY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. In the end the only thing to really blame is your own weak will.

It's just that stupid shit spreads way faster than it was able to before the internet.

It's getting to me slowly. Zizek was right, that old bastard. You don't even need to believe in ideology, it will get you.

Technology doesn't make you depressed. Social isolation makes you depressed. But admit it, you were never cool.

I'm not socially isolated. I'm married and meet up with friends every weekend.

I do feel overstimulated by the internet though, hence my question.

>Zizek

Can you explain a bit what Zizek's viewpoint is regarding this?

Attached: 2598-75772.jpg (456x305, 18K)

screw zizek.
We need capitalism to protect us from the normie hordes.

Absolutely. In the grand scheme of things the internet and technology have made my life much worse while giving me only slight benefit. The net result is overwhelmingly negative.

So I'm the only one heh.

youtube.com/watch?v=u4NIfMc3onY

Thanks, will watch it this hour.

Interesting, but what has it do to with overstimulation by technology?

Attached: 2o6ww2.jpg (238x262, 8K)

Pretty much this. Problem is, where the fuck do you meet people that aren't drunks or club people?

The dangers with social media and this fucking site are you think it's socialization but it's not.
>t. 28 yo depressive who is lonely as fuck and has been loathing weekends

>technology doesn't make you depressed
Right.
>social isolation makes you depressed
Wrong. Humans individuality means people's needs are on a spectrum. On one end you have people that needs extreme attention/social contact, lacking that will make the person go into depression. On the other end you have people who need extreme solitude, lacking that will make that person go into depression. Many people are somewhere in the middle where they need some time off but also seek some social contact. Key is finding out finding a solution tailored to your situation/needs.

Bumb

If it was, you could always stop using it.

Read some Kacyznski.

Watch anime.

Advanced technology and social media that perpetually shows only the best parts of people's lives makes people feel inadequate and worried.

if that's what you do with social media. I just use it for slutty instagram cosplayers and cat videos

>I think internet and social media are doing something to my brain
It could, I suppose, but it's not an issue for me because my parents instilled a healthy degree of skepticism in me, and I like to change things up a lot. My computer related activities typically consist of a series of marathons alternating between exploring, shitposting, research , and experimenting with software and new technologies. You can't just sit there looking at trash on the internet, it's no better than reading those shitty tabloids you see in the check out lane of the grocery store. Everything these days is click bait and hug boxes and echo chambers. You need to stimulate new thoughts and let your mind stretch out, instead of listening to the same old broken record.

Get a hobby, and find people IRL who share your enthusiasm in this hobby.