Attached: gnome.png (1205x519, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kdecommunity/status/1157407732397498368
docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/diversity-inclusion/
debian.org/intro/diversity
Jow
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTY2Mjc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are they adding real Gnomes to their team?

Stop using that shit.
It's garbage anyways.

They are con man activists paid by our enemies to make sure FOSS won't ever be a success.

start using actually good DEs, like KDE or Unity

>start using actually good DEs, like xfce
ftfy

>start using actually good DEs, like KDE or Unity
twitter.com/kdecommunity/status/1157407732397498368

Learn icewm, fvwm, dwm, i3, other wms or console emacs while you can.

oh no, they want to collaborate and finally make an usable desktop for linux
i better switch to meme hackjob WMs

There are so many red flags on that one tweet I don't even begin listing them, the sun would set before I'd get to the end of it.
You are free (as in freedom) to ignore them, I'll have my pepelmao.jpg ready when in a few years you'll come to fglt crying that KNOMEDE is a complete piece of shit.

>Gnome
>Not using dwm
I bet you didn't even compile your wm either

Attached: keks_facisticly.jpg (1000x750, 165K)

don't worry i'll keep using unity until something better comes out

Gnome was dead after gnome 2.

>Inclusions
How about they INCLUDE some options/tweaks in their DE instead of ripping everything out to ensure their "brand" is maintained

>GNOME’s been around for like 20 years and still sucks
>what we’ve been missing the whole time was a diversity and inclusion team

KDE and Gnome are both compromised at this point.
Stay away from that shit including Wayland.

Gnome has no business model but still gets plenty of money.
Ever wondered where that money comes from?
Do you really think "donations" are enough to pay for even one full time developer?
They have a political agenda and that agenda is definitely in favor of you.

Wait, did people here seriously use gnome?
Also
>"D-diversity, sjws incoming let's flee"
How about you stand your ground for once. We can't let those fanatics destroy things we like(even if you like shit, like Gnome).

Underrated.

Why are you fuckers pretending this is a new thing? They've been like this for at least a decade.

Attached: 1536575959601.png (417x514, 300K)

lmao kill yourself holy shit

I've never used gnome

>stand your ground
we mean nothing to the gnome devs, they will just call us muh trolls
only one gnome dev could resist but then (s)he (he) will be called *ist.
rn we can only escape till we have enough helicopters to throw this people from

Use StumpWM.

That's fair, gnome is well known for ignoring people's input on things.
Well it's fucked then.

read the original tweet, gnome has always had a diversity and inclusion team

I'm sorry but how much money have you guys paid a gnome developer to work on a feature you want? Zero? Thought so.

There is NO REASON anyone should listen to you. If you don't like it fork it or make your own DE.

I feel like there's no escaping these people
>docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/diversity-inclusion/
>debian.org/intro/diversity
Things were so much better 10 years ago.

escaping who? people who make an effort to include others?

It's a psyop.
FOSS are getting compromised by this shit in order to disrupt the community.
Political shit is injected in order to make projects less technical and to destroy the naturally established pure meritocracy.
They can't attack directly, so they are taking the indirect route. False rape accusations won't do it anymore.

This is where you are wrong.
These Orwellian "inclusion" campaigns are all about exclusion.

This explains why it always sucked

ok user i'll bite, i think you're correct, that's why they should replace the leadership with a bunch of Jow Forums users who kick out all the "niggers" and "faggots" and "roasties" regularly, that certainly won't be about exclusion at all

>it's only possible to have one extreme or the other

even if I paid how can I know they wont just ignore what I say?
Like I said, the devs will just do what ever the fuck they want and not hear the community even if some who paid are against something.

many people just want meritocracy, but some people cant compete against others because they are stupid or some other reason.
These losers feel excluded because they cant compete and want to change the rules because muh "fairness"

it isn't an extreme to acknowledge that some contributors need help contributing because they are poor, or because of a language barrier, or because they live in a country with an oppressive government, etc

kys faggot.
Open source projects are all about skill.
If you deliver supreme code everybody will respect you even if you are a lesbian black tranny.
This fake "inclusion" shit was never needed and is all about control.
They want to control who is part and who is not WITHOUT having actual skills.

In the best case just a bunch of utterly useless people grabbing free money.
In the worst case community they are destroyers turning a fun hobby into a poisonous cesspool of retards.

Unless they are adding real gnomes its not diversity. Every god damn retarded project on github is fully CoCd now

Such a bullshit. If you are too stupid to write code, speak English and use tor, nobody needs your contribution.

>They want to control who is not part of the project
they literally can't do this retard, the software is free, anyone can form communities around it they want

the people who excel at fundraising have never been the people who just write code as a "fun hobby", if you want to be away from them just don't take their money, it's that simple

Linux always had more inclusion than anything else. Nobody cared if you had 3 dicks or you were some snow flake non-binary shitter as long as you were good at what you were doing. Nobody asked you, and nobody cared. But now, everyone except EVIL WHITE MEN deserve babysitting and cuddling and diversity and inclusion are being forced for the sake of it. If a white guy is better than a black dude at programming x, hire him. If the black guy is better than the white guy at programming y, hire him. Not so hard, is it?

>lol if you don't speak english or use the same US government botnet i do then you don't deserve to contribute, muh meritocracy guys!!
now who is making this about exclusion?

nobody said anything about white men but you, stop buying into these Jow Forums conspiracy theories

These are not conspiracy theories.
Look up on Wikileaks how Microsoft and Three letter agencies try to disrupt FOSS comunities.
It is the standard divide and conquer strategies.
Bring in some load of SJWs and make all productive contributors (which happen to be overwhelmingly white male, this is just a fact) leave in droves.

>the naturally established pure meritocracy
It's rather cute how you seem to actually believe in this.

the only way microsoft will disrupt FOSS communities is by making us hate each other and not want to form communities, you can check your conspiracy shit at the door
SJWs cannot "make productive contributors leave", a CoC cannot force you to stop writing code, no one can do that, the software is free as in freedom

>Bunch of queers and fatties move in
>Push their politics and destroy everything
Hey! It's just like Jow Forums!

Before those SJW subhumans arrived nobody actually cared about race/gender/anything.

A CoC can expell you from the community and revoke your rights to pull requests. A CoC can do all kinds of shit. You are a lying hill.

>now
He doesn't know

i assume he just handwaves how this will actually increase contribution, as if inclusivity is even top 5 in the problems people have with gnome, or as if gnome isn't already mostly indian and latino

you're legitimately retarded, if the community doesn't want your pull request then that's their issue, any pull request can be rejected for any reason and they don't need a CoC to do this, that's why the fork button exists dumbass

Inclusion and Diversity are bad, because ________

> just fork it bro
> retarded idiot doesn't understand whit divide and conquer means

you alienate your actual user base to chase mythical female programmers

the only way they are practicing divide and conquer is by tricking you into believing in "muh SJW bogeyman"

Because they are orwellian fake buzzwords.
Also you want to include on the basis of skill and want to exclude retards.
The SJWs want to reward retards for working hard to be slightly less retarded but still damn retarded.

It's a pointless paradigm in a project that's based on volunteerism.

What if the volunteers who represent a specific group are discriminated against?

>doesn't understand whit divide and conquer means
Oh, we're all very familiar with it Mr. Jow Forums. You idiots and your over-reacting to things publicly on the internet, has convinced these creatures there's a real problem in the open source community, and they're coming to stop it. I hear it all of the time, people saying how hateful Reddit is (nobody publicly admits to viewing Jow Forums, and let's face it, at this point they're one and the same) and that something needs to be done about it. So thank yourselves, and your lack of restraint, for all of this. You drew them here, like flies to shit.

nice effortpost faggot

They can form their own group
Just fork it bro!

Actual skill and a threat to certain business models drove them into FOSS projects. It is all documented at Wikileaks.

Why would they be discriminated against? Either your contribution is good enough or it isn't, it's as simple as that. It has nothing to do with who made the contribution or why.

i discriminate against all of my contributors. i copy their code into my project and then reject their pull requests

that's perfectly within your means to do that

you need to be a marxist to understand these things

>including Wayland
lmao if we're going that far then all of Linux is "compromised". Have fun with your 2.x kernel.

It would be counter-productive for most projects to reject free labor.

That's nice, if they have so much skill then they can easily maintain their own forks if they really want.

Please don't bring Jow Forums topics into this, you have a board for that.

> Please don't bring Jow Forums topics into this, you have a board for that.
And who are you to tell anybody what is allowed and what not? Fags like you are the worst!
This is all about technology and how SJWs are used to prevent technology from evolving and improving.

Trannies and shitskins were never excluded.
This is about psychopaths redirecting more money to themselves and having power over communities they never contributed to.

KDE

Jow Forums.org/rules
>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community.
>All political discussion belongs in Jow Forums.

No one who complains about trying to "kick out the SJWs" has ever written a single line of code worth using

You have no idea. My code is used by tens of thousands of people.

So is your mother but I still wouldn't say she's worth it

I have no idea what gnome is or does, sorry.

yeah, just make a fork and start your own project limiting who can join in.

Attached: ohnonono.png (1166x538, 69K)

kek

the CoC exist specifically to arbitrarily kick out people, just make up some "harassment" case and have him removed like it happened with metoo

your analogy makes no sense, a CoC was not needed for metoo to happen, if people want to have you kicked out they will just do it and they don't need a CoC for that

good, wrongthink is not excuseable just because someone contributes good code

I don't give a fuck about what the org thinks as long as it works

Attached: a65254ca89ce4dcc3a9c081fbf7ae7ab.jpg (1536x2048, 373K)

>now

Attached: Screenshot_20190804_093320.png (1172x246, 52K)

If a comment breaks the rules, you are supposed to report it, not reply

Using a DE at all ? Why are you even using *nix to begin with ? Choose a WM that suits your needs and then spend a day to configure it so that it fits your workflow like a glove, then spend the rest of your days reaping the benefits.

Is this the recipe for the big mac sauce?

>configure it so that it fits your workflow like a glove
First day on Jow Forums?
No one here actually does anything to have a workflow, Linux is exclusively used to showoff rice and watch screentearing 10bit anime because DE's and compositors are bloat

I literally just removed gn*me and installed kde and configured it and all. What the fuck is their problem?

Attached: 1554703035252.gif (228x420, 85K)

>Wikileaks

Attached: ook_ook.jpg (1000x541, 97K)

so they havent learned anything, have they?
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTY2Mjc

No, it's KFC's 11 herbs and spices

>this is GREAT
>repeat after me, this is GREAT
>if we repeat loud and often enough, it will be true
>guyse
>GUISE
>TRU

The kicker is, they had more than enough funds before but some lawyer bitch spend it all on some stupid outscreachy conference.

Well... I guess Debian really is for lesbians, eks d

kekd

I can not vomit hard enough.

Attached: 1564444780911.jpg (1079x1151, 464K)

This is why I make passive aggressive bug reports, I want trannies and fairies to feel bad about their capacities and knowledge.

WONT FIX

This gives them too much credit. Reality is that Gnome devs are literal retards.

>Gnome devs are literal retards.
would explain why it hasn't really progressed very far in over a decade.

If it's so easy then where is your DE that's better user?

this stuff is useless for a 3d editing / video editing workflow