Try to find easy to use free windows IRC client in current year

>try to find easy to use free windows IRC client in current year
>fail

I just wanted to download books this is gay.

Attached: 1408174549606.jpg (169x200, 7K)

retard

Yes, he mentioned that. What do you think he meant by "windows"?

Hexchat

Not everyone grew up with Internet access. Normalfaggots think I'm intelligent but when something is negative I lose ability to learn. Hexchat was supposed to be free.

If I used linux for one I'd be as smart as Jow Forums users and for another they ironically have more guides and free stuff for it in current year.

It's not free anymore. I was looking to install stuff like weechat but it looks to hard and I always fail so I decided to look for tutorials but kept seeing linux ones. I can't just boot linux on my laptop because I'm locked out of it's bios settings. I can't change the boot order.

>I just wanted to download books
libgen.is

Those are giant audio books. Thanks but I knew about them when I read up on IRC downloading a couple years ago. Audio books take up too much file space when a bum of which I am basically.

That and torrenting magnets but I as a bum have no VPN so I avoid that since isohunt died, before it really. I haven't torrented in years. Hence IRC.

The direct downloads are always dead.

What book do you want, I will download it for you

adilirc

AdiIRC

I'm no genius either OP. Easy to use , easily customized. Free.

mIRC?

No.

this, although none of the book dispensing bots work any more. the channels are full of people trying to get help and nothing else.

It's not free.

What are you going on about? I just downloaded a book 5 minutes ago, bots are working fine

which server/channel?

Irchighway

>Hexchat
>It's not free anymore
?????

Attached: Untitled.png (970x758, 61K)

use kiwi you dumb faggot
only retards download stuff to their computer

Op is a retard, by not being free he meant licence not the actual cost or retail price

>I can't just boot linux on my laptop because I'm locked out of it's bios settings. I can't change the boot order.
run it in a vm

It froze thanks. Zero data is downloading.

What do I even do?

Using an android so to not mess it up more.

Attached: 1564917259350-1599568846.jpg (2048x1536, 1.46M)

cygwin + weechat

> thinks irc is too complicated
> thinks hexchat isn't "free"
> thinks library genesis is audio books
Just give up OP, I think you might be too much of a retarded zoomer to read those books anyway. I'll let you in on a little secret, as a zoomer you probably haven't heard that most cities have these things called libraries where you can get tons of books and even ebooks for free!

The Windows version of hexchat isn't free.

Disregard this. It was just being very very slow for some reason.

It actually is installed now. I guess I'm good.

Disregard my post about it not working. It was just suddenly slow for five minutes. I confused myself having installed the wrong .NET versions.

I'll look into it but weechat was one of those type $ into a command line ones so after reading about cmake and IRC simultaneously I just got overwhelmed with depression.

As in emulation? That probably would torture my resources. My computer is 1.6 cpu 2 gig ram.

Then again this is 80s software...

I didn't think kiwi could share files.

I installed it and it gave me an error from that very page so I uninstalled it. It was missing some file somehow. After that I teared up and made this thread.

I guess I'll go away now. I have what I need hopefully.

I have used this myself.

I was going to use ebooks there so probably he used that. Unless he's looking for college stuff. I think ebooks was for stuff like fantasy and all.

Attached: 1404964725369.jpg (236x223, 14K)

>by not being free he meant licence
?

Attached: 234523462345624356456.png (1101x327, 72K)

The UWP version is.
The 7+ version isn't.
Try harder next time

I'm actually 30 and have been on Jow Forums since 09 but am very inefficient. Won't bother blog posting though. Thanks. Libraries are utter shit. They never have the complete book series nor specific book I'd be looking for as I actually have to like what I'm reading.

I actually only get worse over time with computers because they used to be easier.

Attached: 1400220099345.jpg (500x667, 91K)

Proprietard detected.

I guess you'll never get those books then.
Have a nice day!

libgen has like 2mil books, just open the website and type the thing you're looking for in search (skipping finding irc client/installing/connecting to server/channel and getting settings right so downloads work), if you don't find what you were looking for go back to your irc plan

I tried libgen years ago and it was nothing but dead direct download links with me having zero VPN as a neet bum. So I downloaded with IRC instead but had an easier time back then. Unless you're using the magnet links for torrents of which doesn't that make libgen redundant? TPB always had books too so... I don't get it.

Audio books would not be as engaging though they had lots of that.

It wasn't about favors but having control over being able to choose when to download it myself. There's no point in making some giant list of books when I'm not sure which ones I'd choose and it'd take me days to decide.

But the client I just got probably works so yeah...

ill eat my pants if someone can suggest a better client then IRSSI

wtf are you on about audiobooks? libgen has ebooks and scientific articles, every book has like 5-6 mirrors for download and at least 4-5 of them are alive, just liking to make it hard for yourself I guess

Pretty much all clients work unless your system is broken. Next time fix your pc first before making a pointless thread like this.

just grow up and start paying. Pirating is pretty much dead.

>It's not free anymore
Are you seriously this fucking retarded or you are pretending?

OP here, that was of the first I tried and as good as people say it is it's not streamlined at all. I failed at installing that.

Though it is obviously free.

I'll probably abandon the thread now and assume the one I have installed will allow the downloading of files or Kiwi if not.

Yes but there were too many to choose from and the ones that used to be free or still are were not free or were hard to install.

An user in the thread already suggested one to install and it actually worked though I've not tested it. I assume it will work as you do.

Probably part of the problem was the .Net thing.

Maybe my books were too specific two years ago when I was playing with it. Like slightly obscure RA Salvatore books and such. Never mind it I gave up on it. I'd sit at starbucks and use TPB and a proxy before I'd go back as it already disappointed me.

Do people read RA Salvatore?

Liar. It cannot die. That's not how people work. Even if it could die I'm a forever neet aged 30 that has never worked with naught but a high school degree. I'm not paying for anything especially without the bux.

That one had gave me an error when trying to install.

hey double-digit fren, check www.b-ok.org and you will find what you search

allitebooks is a gem. Would love if some hoarder rehosted it so i wouldnt have to navigate that wordpress garbage

I mean it's good to have a backup on IRC, but libgen clones have pretty much same catalog and you can get those in two clicks if you have problems setting up a client (and libgen.io is already dead, though .is and .me seem to be alive and well for now)

Attached: salvatore.png (1055x504, 27K)

Hexchat