Why do you come here?

Seriously, I've been coming here for years and I don't know why. I don't know if I have got one piece of useful technical advice on Jow Forums over time.

Attached: 1326573071079.jpg (1000x750, 751K)

yes

because it's the only site where I can post and not be downboated or banned for stating my opinion.

poop. Naked

>>>/global/rules/8

I have nowhere else to talk about my hobbies on
my gf broke up with me because, but not exclusively for, talking about linux too much

Attached: faketaxi.jpg (640x473, 32K)

i'm hoping someone has a question about the Prime 9955-II mainframe, so i can leap in and laugh at them.

You've got to be shitting me.

>I don't know if I have got one piece of useful technical advice on Jow Forums over time.
Because you haven't
>Why?
Because this place is and has always been battlegrounds of autists shilling for huge corporations who don't give a fuck about their very existence.
It's literally THE WORST place to ask about anything due to how nearly everyone here having a strong bias towards one or the other option. This place is a bias-magnet.

>His GF literally broke up with him because he was insisting on saying Linux instead of GNU/Linux

I don't learn anything directly from Jow Forums but when I see an argument going on in a thread I learn a whole bunch of shit to see which side is correct.

eh I'm exagerrating, in fact it was me that ended it but I remember she was very much annoyed by my personnality when I was going on a distro hopping phase

You get some interesting discussion sometimes among all the shilling and threads about consumerist garbage.

Attached: 1505934301102.jpg (638x960, 105K)

My wife just flat out finds it boring. I just don't talk about it. I tried to put her on Mint but she feels uncomfortable using anything but Windows.

>a distro hopping phase
oh no

Go fuck yourself faggot

Attached: stares_motherfuckerly.jpg (233x233, 12K)

Ask 8-ball
Why do I come here?
Outlook not so good.

because this is Jow Forums's whore space which hosts the means to git ritch kwiq

lmfao just got "parking meters" captcha which in reality were just mail boxes.
jfc this recaptcha is pure cancer fuck you google.

come back with this thread when you visited for more than a decade an still ask that question.
actually don't. we all love this shithole for what it does. no "like" or "upvotes" everybody can express themselves and have an equal starting point. only WHAT yousay matter, not how many are the same opinion. (excludedis stupidity)

I mostly come here for memes and installing old software.

I can't leave

I've been here since the text only boards
I've given reddit a genuine chance but there's a lack of authenticity behind every post that is too off putting.
I visit HN a lot still and there's a lot to be learned on there, but the rules can feel constricting if you're use to the chans and egos can run wild.

Jow Forums isn't even good, it's just better than the other dumpster fires. I'm only here because some internal autism prefers the format of discussion regardless of how shit the discussion is.

Wouldnt have anywhere to go if I left

>come back with this thread when you visited for more than a decade an still ask that question.

What makes you think 'years' does not mean more than a decade? :^)

I do occasionally get some useful help with purchases but it's mostly for the humor threads and because I've got nothing better to do

>I've got nothing better to do

I still came here right up to when it was nearly my PhD viva. I suppose it's just a place to have a mindless break and not so destructive mentally as some of the other boards at Jow Forums. I don't really go to the NSFW boards anymore. I actually kind of like the fact that 4channel exists. Also my uni haven't blocked 4channel yet, though they have blocked Jow Forums.org.

HN?

>Why do you come here?
To shitpost and have fun, mostly.

Attached: 9df.png (1296x704, 545K)

hackernews

r/gadgets > Jow Forums

I dont

different range of possibilities ;^)

are you dumb that's not even the same thing at all

>Shitposting is a human right!
I can already sense the smell from here.

addiction

webm related
>me on Jow Forums

Attached: 1543999500668.webm (640x360, 676K)

it's not the only one but it's the most popular

you're here forever
we all are

Well
Here everyone hates things because the people that are behind them are fucking retarded,but they (usually) don't have any arguments against the thing they hate themselves
Sometimes I don't get it

she wanted to settle down

I'm answering questions on /sqt/ everyday.

I'm in my thirties without friends and have been here for more than 10 years by now.
I don't know what else to do.

Everyone who comes here, comes here because they are substituting social interaction and social reward for the interaction they get here.

Attached: Funny but sad too.gif (200x150, 1.98M)

Holy shit are you a psychic? that's exactly why the realtionship ended, my fear of settling down

>twitter
people dont interact with you unless you have a following. 5k+ followers. even then, people with bigger followings get priority. there's no sense of community either.

>reddit
same thing as everyone else said. controversial opinions get hidden/downvoted. you cant post reaction images.

>8ch
community too fragmented by allowing every retard to make their own board.

Cripplechan is also even more overrun by Jow Forums refugees than this site.

>she wanted to settle down
it was a joke
>she was annoyed by distro hopping

I suggest you make some friends who aren't anonymous, even if it's online. At least give it a try.

Because I can say anything I want and not get banned or have my comment removed

Move to a new city and do whatever it is that people do to make friends when they move to a new city.

Eating the watermelon of life...

there are some good threads sometimes
its a waste 99% of the time

Attached: CPUguys.jpg (763x1100, 332K)

i just have a genuine love for technology even if i cannot do much with most of the info the news is cool to see.

plus i love to see new/alt ideas on how to do things.

i also learned alot about linux,and i appreciate the community helping me with things,

eg fixing annoying pop ups like in pic rel, seriously anons you are all so smart i would have ever used stuff like 4chanX+Oneechan to browse/i wouldnt know the joys of thinkpads/or upgrading my own tech/or the joys of debian, tho i dont do much apart from browse the 4channel on it, i still feel more unique than ever

sorry for the blog

shit i forgot the pic mb

there it is ,thats the shit i got fixed with the help of Jow Forums bros

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-09 13-29-32.png (1366x768, 40K)

this is a guys place
and i am a guy

Attached: he lacks basic reading comprehension.jpg (852x640, 52K)

See.
I told you guys they're not coming from Jow Forums.

dabbing on linux incels

Did anyone else think the cat was biting someone's arm?

I really like that image

I lurk because as a retard who knows little about electronics and tech I usually learn some things just by reading threads. That and my favorite boards are slow

You use to work on them?

pic pretty much sums Jow Forums up

for the occasional fun on the side

Attached: 1551862405115.jpg (640x428, 58K)

We sniffed out the CTS Labs AMD s am and when the stocks dropped I bought 3000 shares, just sold at $32, I made a lot of cash. I’ve done this several times now with tips from Jow Forums.

>wordfilters literally censoring you
>"b-b-but 4chinz is teh last bastion of free spech!!!1"

I genuinely don't know why.
Every time I come here, I leave in a slightly worse mental/emotional state than when I came. I'm ALWAYS arguing with a retard who's incapable of reason.
What is it about Jow Forums that makes it the least willing board to listen to dissenting opinions?

shitpost on faggots who think linux is superior to windows.

It is, though.
macOS > any lightweight Linux distro >>>>> Windows.

Windows is hot garbage.

Do you like ducks, user?

Checking the quality of the posts.

No one ever wants to talk about the fun stuff. Mods will always overlook shitposting and other retarded shit.

Reddit for discussion
Fagchan for images.

Moot doesn't look back so we shouldnt either.

have a (You) 8 hours and 5 minutes later