Ubuntu Hatred

why y'all hate Ubuntu?

Attached: Ubuntu.jpg (1920x1080, 69K)

I don't I use it
my only complaint is that gnome uses too much memory but its a small price to pay to make the os look less archaic

The "people" that hate Ubuntu here tried it once, couldn't run their CoD exe and started parroting each other on how it sucks.

UbantuMATE 's been alright

Why do the ads on this webpage have a higher z-inbex than the reply box? As a webdev, that is so irritating.

Attached: ubantu-ram-usage.png (1366x768, 106K)

>ads
wtf?

Ubuntu is all right. Unfounded hate by arch leet wannabes. Ubuntu server is the goat Linux media installer .

>shit default config(pulseaudio, gnome, etc.)
>outdated everything out of the box
>can't implement an option in the installer to make ubuntu's computer clock handling not mess with windows dual booting unless you somehow live somewhere in UTC+0 with no summer hour
Just use arch or gentoo like the meme says.

no one wants these auto updates that install botnets on your rig

>y'all
I don't hate any distro but I certainly hate fags speaking like this

This.I had a soft spot for Ubuntu since it was my first distro but not anymore. The auto updates are totally unacceptable.

>Blaming Ubuntu for windows' fucked up RTC handling

It's not inclusive enough, they half try but almost no effort is put into increasing diversity in not only usage but contributors
It's just given lip service in passing, the amount of sexism and racism in the Ubuntu community is off-putting and unacceptable to anyone normal person.

Given the current state of Linux, I'd say that's the least of our problems.

>Implying that Ethiopian girls aren't hot as fuck.

Ubuntu has served me well,but I hate it because if it breaks and it's not your fault, you'll be better off reinstalling ubuntu or another os
Too much of a clusterfuck
But at least it's easy to get started with

The corporation that runs it tried to change it from Linux to a proprietary kernel once. They showed their true colors, and that by itself is reason enough to not use Ubuntu. If you use Ubuntu, you might as well use Windows. Debian and Fedora are the only distros that matter.

>Unfounded hate by arch leet wannabes.
Bullshit. Nobody cares outside of the handful of anti-systemd retards. I use Arch and Ubuntu because neither is perfect, but together, they average out my needs.

Popular thing bad
Popular thing bad
Popular thing bad

snaps. I fucking hate snaps

>auto updates
The fuck were they thinking?

Cinnamon mint;
It's like a good ubuntu.

Attached: evolution.jpg (600x367, 47K)

This is not accurate, LinuxMint is just the same Ubuntu guy just with more hair on his body

You know you can turn auto updates off right?

And so can you do in windows 10. might as well use windows If I wanted same old shit. I would rather use something like pop, elementary or manjaro (as a new user)

It's gotten a bit bloated now and the team is making stupid decisions.
>Removing 32 bit libraries
It's OK for a persons first Linux but there are better distros out there.

Thier server version is piss easy to use, for a first timer. But Debian is better if you want it configured exactly how you want it.

>one similarity to windows means the OS is the same
lmao

Use the netboot image retard

Have been using Lubuntu for years now. No excessive bloat and everything just works.

This

sudo apt autoremove --purge snapd

whenever I read "y'all" I picture a black man, but it could just as easily be a cute 12 year old girl from Texas.

really makes you think.

Attached: konata.gif (275x317, 164K)

you know you can install debian and not have to deal with this retarded distro

my complain is that it collects user data by default. It just rubs me in the wrong way to have spyware as the most popular desktop distro.
plus sending your searches to amazon
plus blaming the community when unity 8 failed
plus appor being installed by default
fuck canonical desu.

Attached: 1537852009872.jpg (722x1024, 120K)

Don't forget
>Canonucal pushes for unity, upstart, mir, snap
>Canonical bad
>Red Hat pushes for g*ome, systemd, wayland, flatpak
>Based Red Hat, saviours of open-source

>ya'll
Kill yourslef faggot

btfo pedo

it a reply to a suggested downside which can be fixed and not actual full comparison...other alternatives are also good starters for new users.

Various decisions that have split the community. Unity and Snaps are just a couple of the myriad problems they've thrust upon the community, the most recent one was getting rid of 32bit libraries, which pissed off others so they had to back down.

Attached: H7WabBI.jpg (719x711, 62K)

I love ubuntu. I suppose people dislike it because it's the most popular GNU/linux distro. And ya know hipsters really dislike popular things.

>But Debian is better if you want it configured exactly how you want it.
Wrong, you can install Ubuntu server with only the barest of necessities, and configuration is no different from Debians. Ubuntu may even be better due to the live patch option, depending on how you feel about that situation.

Everything you've stated is wrong and outdated.