Come home white man

Come home white man
>Devuan supports the nocodeofconduct.com/
>Devuan is a no-systemd distro. It's like if Debian kept being Debian and not whatever they are now
>Devuan started the init freedom project/campaign
>Devuan is starting to help Debian with bug fixes despite having to get rid of systemd dependencies of every package from Debian.
>If the packages are too old for you then go with Void/Gentoo/Hyperbola/Parabola/etc, there's many options.

Attached: de.jpg (512x512, 11K)

Just use void

80% of this board is memeing people into distros

No code of conduct seems pretty dumb.
They say they'll ban if they feel like it but they'll encourage a lack of conduct. Seems like a recipe for fascism.

Wtf I love Devuan now.

Code of conduct are not the problem tbqhwy, the people behind them wanting to push their far left sjws ideologies and throwing devs under the bus for micro aggression are.

Good point

Give it back Devuan

>We are all adults.
no need to read more i like those guys.
Are they rolling release? if so i may switch to them for a while.

They have a stable release(ascii) a testing one(beowulf which will be their "buster") and a rolling release (Ceres). But they're even more ancient than Debian because they need to get rid of a ton of systemd dependencies and others. Thatis why their equivalent to "Buster" will only come by the end of the year, most likely.

>come home white man

Stopped reading there, some micro dick shit.

Attached: CE7E3503-279F-40DF-9A40-256BDB063054.jpg (1018x626, 53K)

nigger

> Implying he knows how to read.

All they need to do is ban discussion that's not technical and related to Devuan.

Absolutely fucking based.

Why isn't Devuan endorsed by FSF ?

Attached: stallman-zelda.jpg (675x900, 140K)

>Calls it fascism
Holy shit, I thought people like you only existed in memes?

I support their decision to have no code of conduct, but people thinking this means they won't get banned are mistaken. That page itself encourages community leaders to indiscriminately ban people whenever they feel personally uncomfortable with the discussion.

Wanting contributors to avoid insulting and attacking each other is not a far left position.

how is fascism bad, sweatie?

>Fascism is bad

Attached: 1564721823135.jpg (216x346, 66K)

>Seems like a recipe for fascism
LOL
What does that word even mean? Certainly it has NOTHING to do with certain dictatorships of the mid 20th century.

If you mean "abuse of power" or "people I do not like are able to voice their opinion", then just say that.

Because Debian/Devuan while supporting free software they enable/give you a chance of using propriety software. That's it.

Devuan is what Jow Forums should be into rather than Debian. I fully support them, very promising distro.

Fun fact - the swoosh logo represents the orbit of Ceres.

Attached: devuan_linux_logo.jpg (442x293, 12K)

Yes, every person who has a nuanced enough understanding of the world to not call everything he dislikes "Fascism" is a Jow Forumstard.

This is a technology board. Discussing the "true meaning" of a political ideology is off-topic here. Please move your discussion to the politics board.

>Discussing the "true meaning" of a political ideology is off-topic here.
First and foremost using political ideologies to describe anything technology related would be off topic here, which also kinda was the point.
I am just responding to the first offender.

>recipe for fascism
So it's awesome?

Did Devuan fix the network manager problem or does it still forces you to use wicd?

Do devuan has a 'sid' version?
Kek kek Jow Forums is so easy for (you) farming

devuan literally ships with nonfree enabled by default

look at this user's post

>recipe for fascism
based and redpilled

Imagine Jow Forums didn't exist

give it back devuan

>shitty meme distro supports shitty meme position

Ok kid. Systemd is good and code of conducts are a nonissue. In fact I'm glad that linus can't just jump into a mailing list discussion he doesnt understand and attack random people with his retardation.

If you want to have your safe space where you insult people for some reason that's fine I guess, but a code of conduct is literally a non issue if you're allegedly the "adult" you claim to be.

if you don't like politics in technology maybe you should stop politicizing technology...

>safe space where you insult people for some reason
lol

CoC is the definition of a safe space, made for the socially maladjusted retards who can't take confrontation, meaning about 95% of the tech industry except for the boomers who made it happen in the first place.

The CoC is a guiding principle to keep discussion on point and to also encourage constructive and educational feedback. Confrontation is precisely what's wrong with the behavior some linux kernel maintainers displayed on the mailing list. Its uncalled for and ultimately leads to people just bypassing the whole process.

You're a fucking child and your poor behavior should not be tolerated on a technical project.

underrated post

Attached: goku laugh.gif (200x200, 594K)

If your project needs a guideline of "how to be a functional human being in a digital social environment" then you should very seriously consider what kinds of people are working on your project.
Every person on the face of this earth knows that insulting people is something unproductive, codifying this is like saying "Hitting people who are on the mailing list is NOT ACCEPTABLE".

Reframing this whole thing as "We must make absolutely clear that people shouldn't insult each other" is brain dead levels retarded and a suggesting which only could have come from socially maladjusted human garbage who most certainly do not have any friends, except their internet-"friends".
Having to tell people that they behave like a normal human being is just absurd, they either know it already and ignore it either way, or they know it already and abide by it anyway.

>Wanting contributors to avoid insulting and attacking each other is not a far left position.
If only it was about that stuff and not about some bluehaired trannies freaking out over what some github dude wrote on his twitter five years ago about bruce jenner

Report Button.
it exists for a reason.
DONT POST OFF TOPIC

>political ideologies
the "free software" movement is a political ideology
its aims are advancing and preserving user freedoms, and the ability to control their own hardware and what software it runs.

this movement is opposed to fascism, such as by android/googleplayservices, chrome OS, apple or microsoft operating systems, which restrict which software you are permitted to run, and further restrict modifications to that software.