Why are laptop batteries so fucking small?

This is a 15,6 inch laptop, its got a 3220 mAh battery. Even my 5 inch Redmi 4 Prime has a larger battery (4000 mAh). What the fuck is going on?

Attached: 2002276241.jpg (2000x1252, 678K)

fuck you
--laptop makers
the solution is to buy a laptop with a arm chipset

your laptop battary is a higher voltage

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

You dont understand physics and units of electricity that's what's wrong.

Your laptop battery has a watt/hour rating you should learn what that is

Your laptop battery also discharges at a far higher voltage than your phone battery.

Basically you need to learn the difference between voltages and amperes and then notice that your phone battery is not going to power a laptop for very long or even at all even if you were to convert it's voltage to a higher one.

3220 mah at 12 volts = 38.64 watt hours
4000 mah at 3.6 volts = 14.4 watt hours

retard

Laptop battery discharge is typically higher than that. Usually 18V

But yeah the point stands OP doesn't know basic high school physics

>Small

My new Lappy has an 85wh battery, doing light work and internet it lasts me about 4 hours.

A fucking mid-range android tablet has a 7000mha of battery, they are cheap fucks.

My surface pro can stream 8 hours of video easely'

>a laptop with a arm chipset
>Quad core last-gen rockchip

Until 8CX is in the market, this is a meme

No, the problem is that we need to help...
DEVELOPERS
DEVELOPERS
DEVELOPERS
DEVELOPERS

>mAh is a measure of capacity
kys

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display have another problems

maybe I'm total idiot but why they don't put mobile cpu and gpu to the laptops then? we need internet browser and some office work most of time [I'm speaking abour the target audience]

Never mind the applications running, layers upon layers of legacy OS vs mobile OSs custom built to run on tiny devices with tiny batteries

faulty physics aside, I think OP has a valid point. The battery should honestly be one of the #1 things for a laptop, and yet they often completely cheap out and give the bare minimum.

tfw just use a 6W netbook

if I want to get real shit done I use my desktop

That exists, mobile device CPU's, which are ARM architecture are used in chromebooks, and they have amazing battery life for web browsing

The problem with Windows is that it' can only run on x86 CPU's, which are design to prioritize performance over efficiency

Windows 10 can run on ARM cpu's, but since it wasn't natively designed to run on them and ARM cpus are weaker to average laptop CPU's, it runs like shit

but Qualcom is bring the 8CX which is an ARM core designed specifically for windows 10, which will have decent performance, but up to twice the battery life than comparable laptop CPU's

Then buy a more expensive laptop dumbass. If you buy $200 laptop, don't expect 20 hour laptop time. Buy some $2000+ laptop and you'll get 20 hour usage.

hm that's sound good, well shit, it's another 5 years of waiting for new generation of devices