First prime minister to get toppled by BT and Vodafone

First prime minister to get toppled by BT and Vodafone

Attached: Screenshot_20190804-104244.png (1080x1066, 696K)

Other urls found in this thread:

irishnews.com/magazine/technology/2019/07/24/news/virgin-media-pledges-hyperfast-broadband-to-15-million-homes-by-2021-1670329/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i don't think Boris would make a good bottom

National Broadband plan is a joke, all ISPs in the UK just care about customers. Not a single one has done what Virgin has done in the Republic of Ireland. irishnews.com/magazine/technology/2019/07/24/news/virgin-media-pledges-hyperfast-broadband-to-15-million-homes-by-2021-1670329/

this
UK avg: 78mbps
Ireland: 120mbps

I fucking wish I had 120mbps Internet speeds. In the country side, its usually below 25mbps and I have 4 mbps. The cunts over at eir couldn't give an arse about full fiber Internet.

National Internet coverage is a joke and a scam. And apparently, it'll be 2025 at most when Ireland has full fibre and even then, I'm only 4 km away from the fibre junction and even then the retarded County Council won't bother with putting fiber to a telephone pole 4 meters away from the road.

Just give up on the thoughts on national Internet coverage as it won't happen

Here in the states a lot of cities are starting to get good connection speeds because of small startups. Little companies can actually out-compete the big companies in most cases, plus it becomes a boon to the city it is based in because it creates tech jobs.

A local holdings company decided to make an ISP a few years ago in my hometown and they instantly became the largest ISP in the city, why don't you guys repeat that over there?

it'd be fine how it is currently if they didn't all claim to be selling you fibre

Attached: 50482954_p0.png (600x810, 191K)

As much as it might be dreadful that the UK has pisspoor broadband plans, a monopoly of shit services, nobody needs such fast speeds. Literally nobody.

>nobody needs such fast speeds. Literally nobody.

We kinda do, if you have multiple people in your house it helps to have a faster Internet, and with more and more software moving online, along with 8k streaming which will hopefully come out soon for services such as Netflix you can imagine how much just basic persons browsing needs faster Internet. But I do agree 120 mbp/s is a bit over kill for home use, but we could do with 40+ mbp/s

T. Seething British person with 0.34mbp/s on average

I disagreed with your initial points but leaned into agreeing with you at the end. You're right in what you're saying about 120+ being overkill, that's my point. You, my friend, do need a proper upgrade. BT Infinity or Virgin?

Talk talk, not paying for the phone (only pay if I make a phone call) so it's £17, but I literally can't upgrade virgin is far to much money for the basic package (ie I refuse to pay £35 for Internet)

American here, I upgraded from 100 Mbps to 1 Gbps and it's much better. If all you do is phonepost, sure, but if you even just watch youtube while torrenting something then the speed boost is noticeable.

How do you even get these speeds, are you fttp, or do you just have a vastly better infrastructure that can actually provide anything above 1mb over telephone cables

I have fiber. I'm , I have no idea why you guys are sitting there thinking that it's somehow hard to get gigabit internet in 2019 anywhere in the developed world.

This shit isn't something that's hard to set up. A startup around here managed to reach half a million people in two years.

I was paying £50 for 400Mbps but they increased the prices to all customers by £3.50, so I used that to renegotiate a downgrade, paying £27 from September now for 50Mbps. Again, nobody really needs stupid speeds unless they're autistic.

england is pathetic

>National Internet coverage is a joke and a scam
it's vital infrastructure
>I'm only 4 km away from the fibre junction and even then the retarded County Council won't bother with putting fiber to a telephone pole 4 meters away from the road.
fucking hell. you faggots cry more than the british. you have two options: move or deal with it. still far better than 100% copper solution from house to exchange.

I couldn't imagine going back to some shitty ADSL connection

What was the minimum speed you got while on the 400 mb package (max I can get is the 350mb so it'll be a good reference point, and do the hubs still have the fault processor that causes connection problems, and have they fixed the incremental port problem)

I get 380, so 20 off the max I'm paying for, currently. I'm cutting my price and speed though because I can't be fucked paying for shit that isn't really useful. I download shows just because I can, but there's really no need.

Name of the startup? Also, if it were as easy to do as it is to say. Many would have attempted

About 5% if your speed is tcp overhead. So you’re getting the max that you’re capable of.

S. Dublin here, eir won't do nothing. Only reason we can get 100 down over WiFi is thanks to Richard Bransons "Virgin Media".
t. sucked into countless contracts with Vodafone and eir promising fast speeds. yeah eir is cheap, but I'd rather pay the high price for a company willing to stir up competition and get us to the standards of "gigabit broadband"

Was that 100mbps full duplex?
100/100 is plenty, but 100/2 is a fucking joke especially when you want to torrent.

I could rant about this all night but I gotta sleep. Basically fuck eir and the horse they rode in on. They are slow as fuck and refuse to do what they say they will do with regard to bringing broadband to the nation. When we finally got our fibre it stopped working within a week because the retard KN group contractors didnt install it properly. Thinking back to when I too had 4mbps irish countryside internet I feel for. It is fucking horrific and unacceptable in a "developed" nation

>fags crying about all these megafast speeds
maybe its because i remember using dialup, but im on 8mbps now and don't need it any faster, you ADHD-addled kids cant even wait 5 fucking seconds for anything

Hey user, what if I told you eir spent €40m in Galway only to ditch the broadband plan altogether

Attached: 58873798789.jpg (800x450, 24K)

>virgin is based

Uhhh have you ever had a virgin connection or reviews soon as it get peak time it drops from 150Mbps to 5-15Mbps what a fucking joke

At least with my internet (sky based on BTOR fttc network) it's 60mbps and never stops below 40 at peak times.

sky is for boomers who don't research. internet with a satellite in 2019, it's not Ireland has shitty weather that would interfere :^)

Allo. And many have in the US, that's what I'm getting at.

It was something like 100 down 10 up.

>nobody needs such fast speeds
With services like Netflix picking up, the world is moving towards being data-heavy.
So much so, that Netflix is building and shipping boxes to ISPs that cache all of their movies on-site.
>nobody needs such fast speeds
Everybody needs such fast speeds.
Notice how I said "Everybody", not "you". Everybody at the same time.

also
>need
SHALL