Is there a bigger meme than mechanical keyboards? When will this fad go away?

Is there a bigger meme than mechanical keyboards? When will this fad go away?

Attached: mechanical-keyboard-the-glorious-gmmk-1.jpg (2048x1365, 222K)

Other urls found in this thread:

czc.cz/cherry-mx-board-3-0-us/261515/produkt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is there a bigger meme than phoneposters? When will this fad go away?

It went away in the 90's, and early 2k, but fads are rotational.

mechanical keyboards wont just "go away" the fad of gamer dudes thinking they need a corsair mecahnical keyboard with cherry mx red switches, and rgb leds, because its what their favorite e sports player or streamer uses, will one day go away, but today, we have an abundance of fucking corny ass keyboards to pick from

I just like the sound.

Stop being poor

it's pretty nice having a mechanical keyboard. It feels nice and makes a good sound. Also they usually have a much higher build quality.
what's the meme part?

>CLICKETY-CLICK, CLICKER, CLICK!

RGB backlit keyboards are the biggest meme

desu it's been easier to find good mech keyboard than good rubber domes keyboard these days. Everything is just tying to copy the chiclet key design shit.

Only chiclet I can tolerate are the newer thinkpads keyboards, although the layout is still garbage.

>blue switches
you deserve to be raped

mechanical keyboards are legacy shit that are bound to destroy your fingers and wrists. You want as little travel time and effort put into typing as possible in a keyboard.

I like knowing that I registered a keystroke without having to bottom out.
I like being able press multiple keys while gaming.

retard

When we can type by thinking it will, but until then people who type will regularly strive to get a more comfortable and efficient experience.

I use a 10 dollar normalfag keyboard and I have never ever had a problem in video games where inputs from multiple keys did not register.

Comfortable, sure, but efficient?

It's still growing in market share isnt it?

Yeah. Who knows. Buy Topre.

I want a mechanical keyboard but I've yet to find one in my country that isn't some fucking rgb gaming gimmick meme and is under 100 euros.

If anyone knows some feel free to reccommend

coolermaster masterkeys mk750 is goat (99€)
just turn off the rgb if you don't want it

Much easier on your hands, especially if you use a linear switch like red, or blacks. If you learn to type lightly you only need to depress the keys a few mm as opposed to nearly the entire key length like rubber domes.

I just want the normies to go away.

>all those shitty gaymer keyboards strapping more shit on shit on the keyboards like rgb and bloat negating the benefits of the longevity of mech keyboards by making them unnecesarely complex bricking them within 5 years

Attached: 1554831409013.jpg (397x398, 22K)

So get a flat/low profile one.

Attached: Tesoro-Gram-XS-04.jpg (3000x2000, 299K)

When you bottom out a key, you tend to exert 100-150g of force. If you can type without bottoming out, let's say because you have a keyboard with a tactile response halfway down the keystroke that is also stiff enough with a long enough travel to let you back your fingers off once you hit that tactile response, then the max force exerted is whatever the tactile bump is. This is almost always normally between 35-85g and for most common mass produced mechanical keyboards with MX browns or blues it's around 45g. This is much better for you let wrist as the peak force exerted is a third of what you get on a short travel low residence keyboard. The keyboard you describe as optimally healthy is a MacBook keyboard, which are fucking dogshit.

no what I'm describing is closer to a chinkpad keyboard.

>reeee sound bad

retarded and retard pilled

Linear switches are trash and yet the red switch meme persists

>what's the meme part
OP's bank account balance

I recently got one of the new model-M's from unicomp and I love it. No gaymer bullshit and feels more or less just like the old IBM's

get a chink one from ali for 50 euro

Chinkpad keyboards have a really fucking nice tactile bump and the longest travel of any laptop keyboard in addition to being quite stiff. Those are as close as you can get to a mechanical keyboard in a laptop.

Running my gaming rig with Cherry MX Blue switches
the way God intended

Attached: Gigabyte K83 Blue.jpg (1000x1000, 82K)

Leopold if you can add another tenner

I kinda want to get a mechanical keyboard, just because people talk them up and say they're so great, but it's one of those things where you can't actually know what they're talking about until you've tried one.

But at the same time, I'm 95% confident what will happen is I'll buy some expensive mechanical keyboard, open it up, type a few sentences and say "oh, okay, whatever"

>he owns a "gaming" chair

Attached: 1538463936784.jpg (1600x1066, 313K)

My best friend loves Trackmania and he went from barely making it to top 100 to constantly top 20 after buying mechanical keyboard, the best teams even invited him several times. No it's not a meme when it comes to certain types of games.

>Those are as close as you can get to a mechanical keyboard in a laptop.

In a normal laptop.
There exists some gaming laptop with an actual mechanical keyboard.

Worst thing that can happen: you spend 5 times more on a keyboard that lasts 10 times longer.
I would buy one just because it's easier to clean.

isn't that how things are with most things you buy
unless youre planning of typing a novel the next day of course youre not going to be putting hours into trying out your new keyboard
over time though you'll be glad you have it

This plus large movements are actually better.
It's the micro movements that cause RSI.

anything designed for gamers is automatically trash

I'm one of those massive autists that actually solders and modifies his keyboards, and I'll say that no, objectively you don't need one, and definitely not one that's like 200 bucks.
I do much prefer how it feels and not having to mash the keys to have them register is nice, but my shitty laptop keyboard and K120 do the same job except for in certain games where reliable actuation matters.

Ducky One, they have non-RGB ones in pure black and grey and other boring colours but also neat designs like sakura or rainbow ones for them real programming pride hours

Have you tries looking on the internet?
You can buy all sorts of stuff there.

i sell brand new one for 90eur in the eu

red is trash, linear is not

Linears are certified trash except maybe for games. A well lubricated high end linear switch can feel good but I would use it for anything other than a key meant to be held down like shift or Ctrl.

What's wrong with linears?

Are these fine?

I just want a long lasting keyboard. Ducky keyboards only last 3-5 years for me and they are expensive as hell for that lifespan.

Attached: vwh0m13x4ae31.jpg (526x395, 50K)

If they could somehow make them silent I'd buy one, but as it is now, no way, you'd have to be a complete piece of shit.

Some people don't like them.

For me it's the buckling spring

I used to praise this keyboard until i realized cherry is a shit meme, and chink keyboards are at least as good as this cardboard box with switches

I'm literally gaming on this badboy. Mechanical keyboards are a fucking meme

Attached: 65dee17b-15fd-494d-9bda-85773df2f714.jpg (1079x2927, 605K)

not everything is a cherry blue user, also your PoS laptop fan is more annoying

If I had money I'd buy one.

Damped switches exist, user.

it's not even a fad, no one other than autismal STEMtards with disposable income and anime stickers on their computer want one or even know what it is

Never. Chiclets feel like shit and have since the 70s.

Silent mechanical keyboards have been a thing since the 90s. Even Apple made silent mechanical keyboards.

Fine for gaming, but for typing it feels like you're typing on a wet sponge.

Agreed. I'm still using my 25 year old membrane keyboard and I've had 0 issues.

Attached: 20190215_155301.jpg (4032x3024, 2.52M)

>STEM
yeah I'm sure all those STEMtards are buying those fortnight keyboards

Stop spending 12 hours typing. Do wrist exercises or try getting up out of your char sometimes, fatfuck.

I have arthritis and Haven't had joint pain in my fingers since I got a mechanical keyboard. The travel means your not punching a tabletop you nigger. When you type on a membrane all the force goes to your joints and fucks you up.

Attached: 1564632128799.png (1900x1425, 3.35M)

They don't do shit.

>OP only knows about crappy "gaming" keyboards
>he doesn't know about custom mechanical keyboards and chad switches like Zealios and Holy Pandas

Filco

Mech keyboards last longer than rubber dome

Rubber domes last plenty long and cost fuck all to replace, "muh lower cost in the long run" is a meme.

My ducky's only last 3-5- years though :(

Attached: 1564891834441.png (485x443, 27K)

10dollars a month for garbage is worse then 150 dollars maybe every 5 years

You will be lucky if rubber dome lasts you a year

> Blue switches
> for gayming

Attached: 1534913017195.jpg (453x470, 16K)

Nothing wrong with it

Nothing's worse than being in the same voice chat with multiple mechanical keyboard users who refuse to turn on push-to-talk.

CLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAKCLAK

What did you do to your rubber keyboard that you need to replace them every month?

I just want a keyboard that will last me for 10 years

Attached: unnamed.jpg (940x1126, 105K)

My sidewinder x4 has lasted well over 6 years.

Used them I'm not a casual like you

Typing on my Cherry speedswitch feels like sex

Attached: 531bce2d-8e09-4242-bc65-1b02b699649b.jpg (700x300, 23K)

Closest you will ever get cunt

The keycaps?

Those are GMK red Samurai caps sold on drop, they run about $100+ on their own. The keyboard itself is a boardwalk with what appear to be gateron yellow switches. If you're into building your own keyboard, it would probably last you for a long time but that keyboard in particular would run you $200+ easy

Get one of these then. My Uni still uses the original ones they bought even after almost 6 years.

Attached: Dell_L100.jpg (1600x740, 146K)

Topre lasts for a pretty long time, that might be something you'd want to look into, I'm typing on my Novatouch from 2014 right now.

Get go wrong with a model M I guess. Even tho they're all membrane keyboards they still last a long time. Mechanical is just a big meme anyway

I got my gf by showing off my leet CS skills thanks to my super fast Cherry speedswitches

Attached: CHERRY_MX_RAPIDFIRE_w_300.png (300x310, 107K)

This. I have one and it hasn't failed yet.

>tfw gf
>tfw she doesn't like my cherry mx blues because they're too loud
>tfw have to choose between keyboard and gf

Ya and she fucks black guys instead of you

what is it about these that just feels so comfy? Even the sound is sex.

The keyboard will stay with you longer than the gf.

get cherry mx brown next time

no, they feel like reds with dirt in them.

Go play street fighter, spelunky or meatboy for two hours. You will notice a big difference between rubberdom and red switches.

Red switches requires 40grams for press. Thas less than conventional rubberdom keyboards.

Its rare, but it happens. Typical in complex 3D platformers where you want to jump diagonally and do an action during the jump is where you find some issues: up + left + spacebar + some letter key and you easily find a combination which doesnt work.

czc.cz/cherry-mx-board-3-0-us/261515/produkt
35 euro

The lack of feedback is what some people scare away. They want to know they key has been registered.

Red ones make less sound than rubberdomes.

Attached: maxresdefault-1.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

>no, they feel like reds with dirt in them.
They are. That's why they're called browns.

Maybe date someone that isn't going to shit all over your possessions
Being gay has worked out very nicely for me

Wait until you get AIDS