TELEVISION THREAD

What kind of television is the best to purchase in 2019?

Attached: 91t3SMvyWJL._SL1500_[1].jpg (1500x934, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Ads-on-TV/td-p/536686
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who the fuck even watched TV?

Boomers. Younger people pretty much only watch Netflix. Personally I don't own a TV and watch everything on my computer monitor.

I literally only want a TV because I'm tired of watching stuff on my computer monitor.

Honestly just looking to watch pirated films on my couch.

in 2019? none.
oleds still suck and burn in after a couple of years.
sony and lg gave up on lcds.
samsung tvs have always been garbage.
the rest is just mediocre chinkshit.

/consumerproducts/

43" and larger 4k monitors exist. But they get real expensive over 43 inches.

monitors don't really work as tvs if you wanna hook up anything other than computers to it

And no one makes plasma anymore. And does anyone is aware of "dumb" TVs? I wish the smart TVs die already.

Just get a samsung OLED.

Every TV sold nowadays will be smart. Just don't connect it to the internet. All built in apps are terrible, if you can't plug your pc into it, use your ps4 or xbox. If you don't have one of those, get a shield tv for apps.

I have a GF, and also friends that I watch b-rated horror films with occasionaly. When you're not an incel, a simple 19" monitor doesn't cut it for movies.

>samsung
enjoy your pop up ads on screen

samsung tv’s are worst crap I have ever seen

OLED burn in doesn't really seem to be a huge risk when after research

Just don't connect your smart TV to the Internet

there are no samsung OLEDs dumb user

Sony seri 9 or Oled technologie

>enjoy your pop up ads on screen
That's a thing? I haven't had a TV in over a decade, but I'm thinking of getting one now, mostly because huge 55-65 4k screen have become affordable, and I'd rather watch shit on those than my 32 monitors.

Apple Pro display

Don't forget to buy the pro stand for only $999.

Thank God I'm an incel and don't need to buy all that crap.

I thought Samsung had their own QLED shit, not that I care enough to know the difference.

Is this out of fear of the appliance spying on you or are there other worries as well, such as unwanted updates?

No calling appliance spying on you an unwarranted fear, just curious as to why this is the advice.

Get a used projector on Ebay, and make a home theater. I use a home theater PC and I've got a 4.1 surround and its amazing for movies and games.

Err that doesn't happen. They're on the home screen on a carousel like a shop site, they're not "pop up ads".

yes it happens
i'm getting randomly some news add window on screen when watching hdmi source and it's not possible to disable it completely to not show up anymore.

would like to buy 50" 4k panel but i'm not interested to buy new year after because of burn ins

and on main menu
eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Ads-on-TV/td-p/536686

noice. i wonder how long it takes for other manufacturers implement this nice feature.

$200 TCL without any (((smart))) features

Enjoy your shit panel.

Is it possible to buy TV-sized monitors? "smart features" are absolute cancer and I don't need a TV tuner either because only boomers watch broadcast television.

I am, thank you.

It's not, all modern OLEDs feature technology like logo detection. The upsides to OLED far outweigh the downsides.

Sony Z9G

Imagine not having an 8K TV in 2019. Get lost, poorfags.

QLED is just an LCD panel, Samsung calls it that to confuse people into thinking it's similar to LG's OLED TVs. There's a reason all display enthusiasts prefer OLED TVs to LCD ones.

I think I'm going with an OLED after researching all day.

Quantum Dot enhanced LCD panels produce cleaner and brighter colors than OLED without burn-in and backlight modulation layer is able to reproduce the same contrast levels. Just face it, organic shit completely flopped, because it has always been a shitty stopgap technology meant to be replaced by something better. OLED will follow the fate of plasma in the next decade once microLED is commercially available. So, in the future will have premium displays with true self-emissive pixels and good enough LCD-based alternatives. All that Korean money sunk into OLED, might as well press F.

>produce cleaner and brighter colors than OLED
Wrong, it produces less accurate colors
>backlight modulation layer is able to reproduce the same contrast levels
Also wrong, it's not a self-emissive display technology and is limited by the number of backlit zones
>Just face it, organic shit completely flopped
Is that why they're on every smart phone on the market now, including Samshit's?
>OLED will follow the fate of plasma in the next decade once microLED is commercially available.
microLED is so far away it's hilarious that you Samshills even bring it up. Sony's microLED displays cost half a million dollars for 4K and the power consumption makes it so they couldn't even be sold as a consumer product.

LCD is garbage and that's all Samsung sells in the consumer space for TVs.

What's the best way to display pirated movies

Doesnt every ""smart"" tv have mic on 24/7 broadcasting whatever you say to the homebase?

just get a normal cheap lcd

>it produces less accurate colors
Piss yellow tint in every OLED screen produces less accurate colours, broad emission peaks don't help either. Quantum dots when excited emit pure monochromatic light rivaled only by lasers, retard. Why would they be less accurate?

Attached: 1562527076776.jpg (1024x595, 105K)

lol
imagine being this clueless
Qshit is only good for housewives to watch cooking shows

>Is that why they're on every smart phone on the market now, including Samshit's
Because they get thrown away before the new lineup is in place and OLED ageing isn't as pronounced yet. TV is expected to work much longer.

AMOLED is only good for watching after images of burned in channel logos and HUDs

TN is all you need

I have S9 for a year now and there is still nothing burned on the screen. how long I need to wait for burn ins? several years?

amoled is the only good screen samsung has ever made

Leave YouTube on and come after 5 weeks

Broadcast TV? Never. But movies and video games look a fuckton better on an enormous TV several metres away than they do on a small nearby monitor.

What kind of problems have you encountered when doing this?

You're so wrong, there's a reason people like HDTV Test prefer OLED to LCD, especially to Samshit LCD which has color inaccuracies that can't even be corrected with calibration.

That's the only thing I can think of why people don't like smart TVs

Honestly I'm pretty satisfied with my 65 inch Spectre I got cheap as dirt from Walmart. That said with the money you save you could buy a decent set of speakers and a laptop to use with it instead of whatever garbage is integrated into any smart tv

>forced to pay for shit you'll never use
>clutter the UI with shit you'll never use
Oh, and also they spy on you relentlessly. So I pay more for a worse experience that also infringes on my rights as a human being.
Hence why I personally still use an old Sony Bravia. When that dies I guess I just won't have a TV ever again.

Excuse me goy, you have no rights.

I just want a thing that displays images
I have shit to plug in to it for streaming and shit

I've never gotten burn in from youtube, I did from 8 ball pool though.
The three lines from the green icon are burned in lmao

Attached: Dflg5aWdvjSTnJjEVS-22wHwBEcS0AJFLiIwfsaZVYzbEVf7jN6DkCgvFhzvybn_OA=w1520-h1324.png (214x204, 34K)

Not that user, but a "smart-tv" is obnoxious because all the apps and other useless shit they bundle will become obsolete faster than the tv loses functionality. Last year I sold a samsung 1080p after I finished college. It came bundled with a number of apps like youtube and netflix for example. The buyer wanted it because it had netflix bundled but I couldn't get it to work after connecting and further research showed that support had been dropped two years ago. It just strikes me as extremely stupid and shortsighted to add garbage apps and other crap that a media device like an xbox/playstation already have baked in anyway.

remind me again what the flavor of the month feature for 2019 was supposed to be?

>nebulous ai meme 8k shit marketing
Who the Fuck uses TV's for TV anymore I use mine for kino and its 1080p because that's what 99% of the content is
4k is a meme
8k is a joke unless you have a 200" screen in your face

I remember a few years ago that firmware updates were necessary for LG smart TVs.

not to mention that the president of samsung literally tweeted out to people that owners should run antiviruses on their tvs. I mean...we are a long way from what television sets used to be.

1080p 40" sceptre, less than $200

That and a Chromecast

is buying a 65" sceptre worth it?

Idk how big you can go until 1080p starts to look like shit but if you're like me then you'll be happy with a 40" sceptre the Chromecast and your 144hz1080 or higher resolution computer setup

Sceptre proved that decent dumb tvs can be had for cheap, at least with 1080p, they make 4k too but I'd wait until they come down in price

1080n sceptre and Chromecast is god tier on a budget

I'm in the market for a cheap 50" 4K TV. I'll take LCD with HDR since my old one is even worse. Sometimes people criticize the general slowness of menus which probably means the manufacturer cheaped out on the CPU. That's just not something the product info lists so it's hard to compare and figure out a brand that doesn't cause problems. Any suggestions on models or ways to compare them? Picture quality is somewhat important since it's for watching movies exclusively, but I don't want to spend too much on such a one task device.

>4k is a meme
4k Matrix (1999) looks preeeeettttyyyyy good

that feel when rich

It got remastered you idiot if u watched it on streaming its also compressed as fuck