PowerPC general /PPC/

Welcome to the PowerPC general! A space to discuss all things POWER ISA related.

Reminder:
>>>/global/rules/10
>No spamming or flooding of any kind. No intentionally evading spam or post filters.

Evolution of PowerPC:
wiki.raptorcs.com/wiki/Power_ISA

What's new on the Amigaverse?
acube-systemsbiz.serversicuro.it/shop/en/5-sam-motherboards

Next-gen G4?
nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/power-architecture-processors/integrated-host-processors/risc-microprocessor:MPC7448?tab=Buy_Parametric_Tab&fromSearch=false#/

About Power9:
ibm.com/it-infrastructure/power/power9

Budget-friendly Talos Blackbird:
secure.raptorcs.com/content/BK1B01/purchase.html

Literally when:
powerpc-notebook.org

Attached: 1564775059223.png (1366x768, 442K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerPC_e6500
forums.macrumors.com/threads/making-g3s-and-radeon-graphics-great-again.2191877/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Budget-friendly
>$1.5k

I was using a different monitor.
pls no bully

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-04 11-47-32.png (1920x1080, 694K)

Relatively speaking, yes

Debian has a ppc, ppc64 and ppcspe port.

What the fuck is ppcspe?

Probably for the Cell BE

Freedom isn't free.

>win7 at 33mhz
I would hope that's actually running a lot faster than what it officially reports as.

itoddler

Comfy.

Debian Ports Sid

>what's a vm

>still alive
>nxp
Most likely selling old Freescale stocks for legacy purposes, even if they make any it's still the old completely obsolete stuff only for legacy equipment, not developing it in any way = dead
>apollo core
Did you really just try to use a hobby project of a couple neckbeards as an argument that 68k is alive?
>"necrophilia"
>Unironically
necrophilia, unironically

Underagefag

Physically, they hold up really well, but will all inevitably suffer from GPU failure, due to shitty BGA soldering. This one I'm typing on has been used on and off for roughly a year now, and no problems so far.

>macshit
>designed to fail
>designed to be unfixable
Found your problem.

Fuck PowerPC, m68k died for it. Turns out it died for nothing.

I alway found it funny how easier it is to find as/400 minicomputers than it is to find rs/6000 stations and minis where I live. I've been thinking about getting one, sometimes the seller supply a twinax terminal and a bunch of things with it, and the fact that OS/400 has a bunch of compilers as well as DB2 integrated seems kinda nice.

>calling people itoddlers for discussing non-Apple products
What a dumbass

These posts are an automated response made by a bot

I can't fix the driver because I'm a codemonkey, but I have identified the problem that makes that shit go so slow.

It turns out that these old Radeon chips do not work well with KMS. They started shitting themselves when KMS was introduced.

If you are using the 4.4 kernel (the last with UMS support), and Xorg 7.7 (same), everything works much better. Of course, using an outdated Xorg makes you exposed to a lot of old vulnerabilities, but who cares.

These posts are a copy-paste of these posts made by a spambot

I swear, if I had the money to cover the electricity costs I'd host a PowerPC/non x86 discussion imageboard on my Xserve G5.
Having to either go to regular forums, or come to this shithole to discuss machines that aren't x86 is getting really fucking annoying. Not to mention you can only discuss Macs, Heaven forbid you want to find a place to talk about Suns or RS/6000s.

Attached: IMG_20180117_221733.jpg (2560x1920, 560K)

I ran the numbers on my G5 and C3000 and they don't really cost much more to run per month than a cheap EC2 instance with less memory and probably even processing power. I don't get the power meme at all, do a lot of people here just live in places with really expensive utilities?

The issue here is I don't have a stable source of income. I wouldn't be able to afford a VPS either.
But I do live in a place with extremely expensive electricity, too. Utility companies basically rule the country, just like megacorps rule the USA.

Fuck off underage fag, you don't even know what people are talking about in this thread.
Go play Fortnite or some shit.

On my G3, it's almost unusable. I also haven't been able to install older packages and dependencies with Gentoo. I'm sure that it can be done, but it is simpler for me to just start from scratch.

That sucks. I've considered running a textboard on my Mini, but of course there are far more problems with doing such a thing than just hosting costs...

There is half a dozen imageboards and even more Discords, Matrix and IRC chat rooms dedicated to this shit, not to mention all the forums. But sure, host your own too, make the playfield even more diluted so rampant shitposting overweights actual discussion.

This post is an automated response from a spambot.
It is a copy of this post

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerPC_e6500

So, how would I go about using the 4.4 kernel with, say, Debian? It works great on my Powerbooks with the Mobility Radeon 9700, but like you said, with the older chips shitting the bed since KMS was introduced, I'm stuck with the software rasterizer, which is a no go.

wtf are you even you even talking about you sperg? The fact that you take the time to shitpost in these threads is evidence of how empty, and pathetic your existence is. Do us all a favor, and retroactively abort yourself.

Is this entire thread a spambot?

see - forums.macrumors.com/threads/making-g3s-and-radeon-graphics-great-again.2191877/

Make sure you use an old kernel so our laptops will enter sleep mode. Not to mention, the issue with KMS on the Radeon Mobility 9200 and earlier. Kernel 4.4 should suffice, and allow for 3d acceleration. I hope you succeed, op.

This post is an auto-spam reply copied from this post

this post is also an automated spam copy of this post 71694391
What happened to the enforcement of rule 11?

this post is also an automated spam copy of this post
What happened to the enforcement of rule 11?

No, but about half of it is.

How long till power10 releases? Will it be 7nm or even smaller?

Oh damn I'm seeing samsung doing fab at 7mm. Should get those crazy TDPs down a bit, hopefully the boards will be a bit cheaper with reduced power delivery demands.

pls no systemd or botnet stuff. copy slackware and hope it takes less than 80mb ram on idle and i'll donate bb

Waaaaaaait wait wait wait, is THIS why the iBooks with DVD players suddenly can't play DVDs anymore if you install debian 7?

These posts
appear to be automated copies of these other posts
and >> 71698709