Ok guys I'm in a loonix crisis now

Ok guys I'm in a loonix crisis now...

So far I have tried;
Zorin OS -trash can't work on any graphic and is unoptimized
Deepin- shit is freezing apps non stop despite giving good first impression
Manjaro KDE/Arch KDE- apps are hard to install and I'm not interested into bothering with the console
Ubuntu MATE/KDE -works like shit on my device and again, they crash too often, and the lack of apps is noticable and again you need use console for stuff
Normal Ubuntu- this shit is a joke as it don't even have good software store and is way too basic for my needs

I won't try pure os because it's trash
I won't try mint because it's same trash as ubuntu
Gentoo is trash
Something you meme here is trash too
I won't install OpenSuse because it's trash
I won't install Fedora because it's arch so dealing with stuff will be outragrous despite fedora being nice and light
andy other Ubuntu is rather no go

I have stuck, what should I install? I need something for light office work and Internet browsing when I'm not on windows

Manjaro with deeping desktop envoirment?
Elementary os is ugly as a night
There's something like M5X [or something] linux which looks nice but I read that it's unstable

I'm not windows fag but I also can't lie to myself that linux is better if I clearly can tell it's not

I have no fucking idea what should I use

Attached: gffdgfgf.png (960x540, 391K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/132sZtZENYQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Linux use only for fun.

and I should check before posting, ignore errors

your problem is that you're trying to find a distro with the perfect defaults. GNU/Linux is not Windows. You can customise it how you like.
Pick any distro and work your way towards what you want.

Zorin OS werks on my machine

>Manjaro KDE/Arch KDE- apps are hard to install and I'm not interested into bothering with the console
Is it too hard to select install software in "start menu", type the name of the software you want ti install and press install?

yes, because store is also a mess just like ubuntu and you must search for the software packages and you can't simply install the package because linux has asperger

These two. I'd recommend Arch, but with an installer and definitely KDE. Choose KDE without add ons or whatever the installer names them and you'll get the most lightweight KDE experience possible. Antergos was close to that, but Antergos is no more.

Gentoo is good, idiot.

you should use some high quality rope and a solid tree branch

>apps are hard to install and I'm not interested into bothering with the console
>I won't install OpenSuse because it's trash

You're shit out of luck then, opensuse has really good defaults and also autistically maps every setting into YAST so you never have to use the console, it is trash but that's what you're getting if you want a GUI for everything.

>I won't install Fedora because it's arch so dealing with stuff will be outragrous despite fedora being nice and light
>I won't install Fedora because it's arch

Windows 7, retard.

I just checked for arch KDE and YIKES

take this away from me, I don't want spedning my time to read how to install DE, I won't fall for this bait again

I will try manjaro with deepin but THERE'S REALLY NOTHING?! better?!

I dont think linux is the right choice for you if your having such a hard time with something as basic as installing apps. Especially combined with your 'no console' attitude. Youre just setting yourself up for countless frustrations.
Do yourself a favour and stick to windows.

>apps are hard to install and I'm not interested into bothering with the console
>and the lack of apps is noticable and again you need use console for stuff
Mac OS is perfect for your needs

debian netinst.

>Manjaro KDE/Arch KDE- apps are hard to install and I'm not interested into bothering with the console
so youre a windows baby
>I need something for light office work and Internet browsing
windows
>I have no fucking idea what should I use
windows
>I don't want spedning my time to read how to install DE
clearly your mental capacity reached its limits when it learned how to clickety clack a virus.exe installer from shadyshit.com, just stick to windows if you have baby duck syndrome

>f your having such a hard time with something as basic as installing apps.
THEN MAKE IT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, because if you have """""""""""""""""""""""""""weird""""""""""""""""""""""" packages then it takes HELL to install this

oh I'm sorry for living in 2019 where literally EVERYTHING HAS NORMAL INSTALLER

Elitist faggots like you are exactly the reason Linux isn't widely used.

Attached: 1563425563317.jpg (400x500, 113K)

>he thinks a malware opt-out shitty installer.msi is normal
hate to break it to you retard, but every OS has had an 'app store' from the beginning, which is basically what a package manager is.

>oh I'm sorry for living in 2019 where literally EVERYTHING HAS NORMAL INSTALLER
THIS TOO HAS A NORMAL INSTALLER IDIOT.
youtu.be/132sZtZENYQ

>elists keep retarded boomers away
based

Nixos

>Manjaro KDE/Arch KDE- apps are hard to install
Octopi is hard?

>Ubuntu MATE/KDE -works like shit on my device and again, they crash too often, and the lack of apps is noticable and again you need use console for stuff
your argument is invalid
or maybe you are too stupid
whatever

Linux is a kernel.

If you think Fedora is based on Arch, you are a confirmed retard.
If you have an Nvidia card, don't expect much to work well by default. Nvidia are cunts

No you're just a faggot wanting to be spoon-fed and shooting down anything that's thrown at you. If you can't event type 4 words to install some software you should either fuck off to iOS/Android and never touch a desktop computer again or you should kys.

Attached: 1555003443500.png (670x670, 249K)

>If you can't event type 4 words to install some software you should either fuck off

you live in 2020, no one is using console to install stuff on home devices

good

Why loonix fags hate modern desktops? Every new and modern system has build in app installer

That's not what he was talking about you big baby.
Here, it's been half an hour, I've given you a GUI Arch installer demo. So, now what?

Are you retarded? Who hates modern desktops? Half of the people here are recommending KDE.
Octopi and numerous other package managers aka app stores were mernioned as well.

then why installing them is a horror to do?

because you cant read

Rosa Linux or Astra Linux...at this point the only reasonable choice for any White heterosexual male.

t. Dmitri

literally only achievement linux fags had during past 20 years is making the civic fucking OS installer

No, i just recognize the superiority of the Eastern-Slavic race and the non-COCed philosophy of Russian software development.

Just buy a mac bro

Attached: gigachad dude.jpg (748x900, 75K)

stopped reading right there, like nigga what??!?!!

What exactly is a horror? A GUI installer or searching for a piece of software in a package manager? Like Jesus fucking Christ... PCs in the early 90's were a horror to use, not this...

typing "paS plasma" is hard to do lmao

Think about this logically. Red Hat Enterprise Linux is based on Fedora. Do you seriously think that a company that is important enough to be bought by IBM for a rather large amount of money would base their flagship product on Arch?

freetards cope with "it keeps faggots away"
when in reality, if more people used any linux distro
it would have more support and more helpers and software,
damn even we could get people discovering how to run more stuff from other
os.

but elitism is stronk

Why would you use GNU/Linux on anything but a server? The available GUIs for it are very unstable and buggy. The last good one was GNOME 2. The software libraries intended for home computer users are also very small and for the most part you'll be limited to homebrew programs instead of large scale commercial ones.

Just use Windows if you want to run programs that just work and stop falling for Jow Forums memes. There are various ways to debloat Windows and make it work for you. I myself have disabled the Windows Store, automatic updates and telemetry very easily.

stopped reading there. you're fucking retarded

>crash
>freeze
>doesn't work
>trash
>won't use terminal
>caring about looks/theme/de
look's like your hardware is trash and possibly proprietary and you are too retarded to use linux, get free and better hardware then come back again or get lost, computing isn't for you go play with stick and stone

>Manjaro KDE- apps are hard to install and I'm not interested in bothering with the console
Manjaro KDE and Manjaro Deepin come with a GUI package manager (AKA APP STORE) preinstalled. It's not that hard to open it, type in your application, and click install.
How do any of the steps above have anything to do with opening the terminal? How is anything above harder than installing apps on Windows? I'd say that it's even easier than Windows.

Try solus os or opensuse

just get a Macbook bro

Macos is nonfree software

>Not trying Mint because he thinks its Ubuntu
don't knock it till you try it. Sure it gives you perks that Ubuntu has, but it also frees itself of a lot of shit Ubuntu has too.

Attached: simplescreenrecorder-2019-08-04_16.06.00.webm (854x480, 2.76M)

are you retarded?

XUBUNTU LTS

Linux is piss easy, dude. Just don't get acquainted with it by installing it on a laptop. Most of them are a nightmare due to all of the unique drivers they can require.

>hurr durr i want to use linux
>but i dont want to touch the terminal
>also Ubuntu's store didn't have Photoshop CC so it sux
>gonna try an Arch-based distro because somehow that will be better

>unironically using linux for desktop
lel

If you're gay you should try gaybian

it works ONLY if the software is there so stop fucking lying

post source code to cocoa

The biggest problem linux have is that some things have multiple layers delivering a particular feature, and some of those layers don't have guis to change the options. For example I installed Mint and I turned the mouse acceleration off in the GUI and nothing happened. Turns out you have to go edit a xorg config file to do something that basic despite there already existing a gui for it.

Yeah? And? So? What does it matter to you anyway since you're to retarded to even do what he demonstrated in the video let alone install an actual distro?
You can also compile software that's not available in package managers, but that requires the scary scary terminal.
Scary scary scary, watch out for me.

Attached: 1564955415972.png (1029x767, 166K)

Stop using GTK based desktop environments, simple.

How braindead are you? Pamac literally lets you search for software on the AUR, what software are you trying to install that is so obscure that it isn't even on the AUR?

xfce is pretty much the only DE that doesn't look like ass though, since from what I've seen the rest just copy mac's look as much as possible.

>gentoo is trash
5/10, got me to reply

It has other problems, and there's really no reason to use anything other than KDE at this point.

>Normal Ubuntu- this shit is a joke as it don't even have good software store and is way too basic for my needs
You're either retarded or you don't know what you're talking about. What's going on? Did you just get into your first compsci course at school and now babby wants to be l33t hax0r but couldn't find the "Hack the Gibson App" in the appy app store?

>I won't try pure os because it's trash
In what way, specifically? And how would you know since you haven't tried it?

>I won't try mint because it's same trash as ubuntu
Not exactly. But I'm also confused about why you---

Never mind. I just realized I was about waste my time arguing with an idiot.
Carry on.

Buy a fucking Chromebook and shut up.

Attached: 1505004053032.png (1233x957, 173K)

look, you're gonna have to use the console dude. just install debian stable + xfce, install a decent theme and your graphics drivers and you're done. apt is pretty easy as well. opensuse is another option, you can just use yast without the command line.

The amount of loonixfags ITT who seriously respond to and spoon feed most obvious shitposter of 2019 shows how insecure you fags are about your precious hipster OS.

>Normal Ubuntu- this shit is a joke as it don't even have good software store and is way too basic for my needs
Ok this is bait, ubuntu has the largest repository of all linux distributions

>I have no fucking idea what should I use
sounds like it doesn't really matter what you use

linux isnt for everybody

op is complaining that ubuntu is too simple, but arch is too hard, manjaro is too hard.. theres no helping him.

buy a mac, op.

You sound too retarded for linux. Just stick to windows fag

this lol

how hard is it to type in pacman -S package

>le terminal is so tricky xddd
Follow 's advice and just buy a mac

>No you're just a faggot wanting to be spoon-fed and shooting down anything that's thrown at you. If you can't event type 4 words to install some software you should either fuck off to iOS/Android and never touch a desktop computer again or you should kys.

Attached: IMG_1466.gif (570x537, 48K)

>how hard is it to type in pacman -S package
it's hard considering the fact that even on mac os you just drop package on desktop to install it and software icon to trash to remove it, but for you it's hard to implement that after 20 years

after 20 years linux hasn't normal way to install stuff

1. windows just has installer
2. mac os has store or installer based on drag and drop
3. linux don't have any above and the software store is always lacking in packages

even fucking android has one and universal installer

>Normal Ubuntu- this shit is a joke as it don't even have good software store and is way too basic for my "needs"

because operating systems should be like windows, ton of options but minimal personal effort to use them

Half at best of what you posted is true.

Just use Debian with KDE

Debian seems to be what you're looking for. You can also try MX Linux, it's more user friendly and is easy to set up on with persistance on a usb stick. .

Arch is the perfect OS for the average Jow Forums user. If you can't figure out how to sync a package to your system then maybe you should stick to a babby OS such as Windows.

try pops

>Everything I try is trash
Sounds like you're the trash for being unable to get anything to work. Have you considered paying 3000 dollars for a macbook air and eating crowns, techlet?

Attached: ubuntu vs arc.png (1000x922, 944K)

octopi is hard to use?

Zorin is literally just ubuntu with other people's software open source software in it. The guy is a retard, don't spoonfeed him.

Sounds like a
>You problem.

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1920x1080, 277K)

>thinking Fedora is anything like Arch in any regarf
>not installing it

Have you not figured out this goblin boy is retarded? He is upset at Ubuntu over it's software store when Ubuntu has PPA, the easiest software installer known to man.

The only correct answer. OP is a goblin boy techlet nigger and should be slapped with a quickness back to Windows 95 on a shitty Dell computer.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

are you handicapped?

Yikes, it looks more confusing than just pacman -Ss to find packages

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 511K)

yeah

Use Ubuntu or one of its derivatives and quit being a retard. Don't go using niche boutique distros and complain about the lack of software compatibility or stability -- whether you want an easy to use (which clearly you do if you're terrified of the terminal) system or if you're an advanced user, Ubuntu remains the best option for daily use. Everything is documented, if you need proprietary software it will be available as a .deb or snap, things won't break when you update, it just werks
t. done plenty of distrohopping and always end up coming back to ubuntu for one reason or another