Is a 2 stroke engine enough to produce 300lb+ of lift given a single propeller?

Is a 2 stroke engine enough to produce 300lb+ of lift given a single propeller?

Trying to make a flying car

Attached: willitlift.jpg (1976x2116, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=soxxPyaAT1k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How about you do some math to figure it out? Or are you really going to build this deathtrap based off a yes/no from some asshole on this website?

Yes two stroke engines can provide lift.

No, bro, you need at least 3 strokes for 300lb+.

Now the big question, If i get 4 engines, one for each propeller, would i be able to theoretically make a human size drone that could fly?

Yes.

Try rotomax, and arduino, an rpi.

two strokes would have more torque

depends entirely on torque output, rpm and the propellers
shit thread

I recommend an airplane.

What you're looking for is a "gyrocopter". They're typically made for descents but you can also power them with a 2-st and fly around in em.

Attached: 8209cd139a2f3cb048aa0584efdfff1a[1].jpg (550x550, 35K)

What's wrong with airplanes?

The landing.

>Is a 2 stroke engine
That's.... not very specific. If you mean an engine like in a tiny shit generator like on your pic then I guess if you gut it completely it might have enough power to lift itself and a little extra, however I'm not sure if even 4 of those will have enough of the "little extra" oomf to take you with them.

Ah it's those things that literally can't fail because of how they work and yet people still manage to kill themselves in them?

They could actually help you there if you do some research first and have a clearly stated question. ie. Exactly what sort of two-stroke engine with whatever parameters you can find

winged glider is better and safer

>are you really going to build this deathtrap based off a yes/no from some asshole on this website?
This is the most rational thing someone has said all day.

This guy needed 2 engines and it barely flies.
youtube.com/watch?v=soxxPyaAT1k

Yes, but what you really want to focus on is thrust to weight. Most of the engineering in flying machines is getting them to be both reliable and low weight. The science is nontrivial.
Luckily for you, decades of work has already been done in this field! The machine you're looking for is called a "helicopter".

Use a rotary engine

google "chitty chitty bang bang" and you will see all you need op

There's some Nissan/Toyota engines now, that weigh like 30lb and do 200hp+.

Never saw anyone use the fancy ones with that power to weight ratio.

part of the reason he used two engines was because using two engines is and easy countertorque that saves the weight+cost of a diff

is the correct board for this, fyi.

Attached: GEN H-4 by ADEYTO.webm (654x480, 2.94M)

People kill themselves while using TVs and PCs all the time, so it really isn't worth mentioning.