Is being a software developer depressing?

Is being a software developer depressing?

Attached: 16858364-7317905-image-a-24_1564875624224.jpg (962x695, 75K)

Working doesn't suck. If you've ever been NEET you will learn quickly that it's way worse than working. Patrick here needs to grow up some but he's still young I'm sure he'll get it all figured out.

If you don't have hobbies outside of work, then yes.

not if you learn to like your job (which you should do in any domain, not just programming). that literal who's attitude towards work will get him nowhere

t. employed software developer

Attached: 1561591593954.jpg (345x345, 11K)

Goodness, how based get one even get beyond this?

But yeah, despite the pay I hate being a software dev. I enjoy coding, don't get me wrong, but the very steamlined workflow makes me feel like a tech monkey or an overhyped IT guy.

There are plenty of people who say they enjoy it, and there are those who simply don't give a fuck so long as they are paid well.

I don’t think it’s necessarily the cause, it’s just that the kind of people that tend to be depressed are more likely to be into those things.

Think about it like this. If could be worst, you could be in a warehouse doing manual labor.

it's sedentary/solitary which you should be careful about, before you know it T drops and you want to cut your dick off

This thread is nothing but one big cope lmao

>inb4 wagie cagie

I dunno man, his life is over now anyway

Can't speak for everyone but personally, yes. The initial workday is so draining I have no energy/motivation to study outside of the work

they've made "development" suited for the lowest common denominator, no one is really programming anymore, well, only a small number, most are just making ugly, stupid shit in python and js

Fuck he would of made the perfect sysadmin

You're hired. Meet me at Texas Instruments tomorrow at 1pm.

yes

Wrong. I have a very comfy and engaging software job but being NEET blows it out of the water

No but running your own business sure looks like fun!

Attached: Linkedin.png (587x881, 173K)

>Is being depressing?
yes

Sometimes-when the management has no clue on how things work, but keep insisting on adding every unnecessary feature possible and removing some important security features because they feel like it. At the end of the day, you just need to realise that you don't care about that product anyway.

Life is depressing in general. What helps me is not giving in to the "programming" world. It's a step above being a "gamer".

Most of the people are either outsourced Indians, hippies, weirdos, or just other mentally ill people in general. It's obnoxious and this field attracts these people for obvious reasons.

I just focus on the bigger picture and don't get too deep into the lifestyle. I just use my Apple products and I'm happy. Don't care about Thinkpads and cutting edge super Linux memes or whatever else. Or using Windows but having to install drivers and deal with all that.

Is this a Janny resume?

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 48K)

Despite claiming to not care, you've posted in this thread. Sour grapes much?

OK guys i'm starting in two days as a sysadmin for a cybersecurity company
What should I except from this job?

Attached: 1564461155134.png (1920x1080, 1.2M)

Getting automated in less than 5 years

You're a little out of touch