Cloudflare

Is it time to abandon Cloudflare? First they terminated Dailystormer over political pressure and now this.
twitter.com/Cloudflare/status/1158192292894781440

Attached: cloudflare-ddos-protection.png (734x253, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance
riseup.net/.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Include screencaps of foreign websites, ass.

It was a shitty site, so I don't care enough

Why would we abandon them when they're doing god's work?

Fuck off, libcuck

Even the owner agreed with Cloudflare. Stop being retarded.

Hot wheels no longer owns it. He has no say in this

Yes, I agree, abandon Cloudflare. That means stop visiting 4channel :^)

>First they terminated Dailystormer
Uhhh, but that's a good thing.

This butthurt is pretty funny to watch

Based as FUCK.

I don't even agree with libs but that's a good thing. 8ch was drawing unnecessary attention, and almost always a negative attention. The internet tolerates Jow Forums because its brought a bit of balance.

It's a bad precedent, one that's being expanded now. It's a large step on the path towards a controlled and censored internet. Their goal isn't to remove the daily stormer from the internet. Their goal is to eventually be able to remove the more milquetoast websites that offend whatever powers that be without much protest.

Controlling and censoring Nazis is good. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

Are you too retarded to understand things that go beyond what's immediately in your face? As I said, the goal isn't censoring Nazis. Censoring Nazis is a convenient crowbar to get the ball rolling towards censoring other things. Everyone will nod sagely and quote the paradox of tolerance when the censorship begins at Nazis. Then not really pay attention when the censorship starts quietly creeping out from there.

if only we let people radicalize eachother and commit mass shootings against minorities on the regular, at last i truly see

First they came for the white supremacists, and then that was it.

>libcuck
>god

>implying daily stormer wasn't just a bunch of larping weebs

I'd appreciate if you abandoned life, Jow Forumstard

Attached: 1547616219087.png (533x358, 442K)

Who cares? Their name is "The Daily Stormer", that's reason enough to terminate them.

Then everyone was a white supremacist, dipshit. As tough as it gets to let truly reprehensible ideas be expressed, free speech cannot be compromised with.

The ACLU used to fight for the rights of the KKK too. Stay mad tranny.

no it's not, it's a private company that can do whatever it wants. create a competitor that will be hosted in china, north korea and some no name island nation in the pacific ocean so no one can shut you down.

Can they take Jow Forums next so I'll finally be free?

bootlicker

It is not in the interest of Cloudflare to provide services to people that want several of their employees killed. Let the free market decide, am I right? Or are you saying free speech and free markets are not compatible?

>It's another raid by Jow Forums
>pathetic whining about some silly bullshit
>as if anyone cares about russian bot farm posts
>as if Jow Forums wasn't a pathetic containment board

Attached: 8756jhdh.png (450x450, 591K)

Yes their right to speech and assembly, not the right to lynch negros and chase undesirables out of town.

Dailystormer was/is actively radicalizing uneducated (or just gullible and discontent) whites into committing race based domestic terrorism.

we're discussing technology you schizo

>you can say what you want but if it doesn't agree with my views I (actually someone else) can use violence to stop you
Popper was a pseud who would have fit right in on Jow Forums.

No one is going to tolerate your authoritarian bullshit, they'll just put you in the ground.

sure, cloudflare is a private company that can do whatever they want with their service and 4x2chan broke the terms of service and they were pressured politically bla bla bla etc etc etc

but this still feels wrong on a social level and i cant really pinpoint why exactly. 4x2chan as a whole didn't break the law and cloudflare certainly didnt pull service because of a court order. cloudflare did this out of their own volition, and the fact that they can do this willy-nilly seems wrong.

i mean, a landlord has to go through a lengthy legal process to evict even the worst tenant, right? shouldn't it be at least as difficult, if not harder, for a website using cloudflare's supposedly neutral services that control nearly a majority of the market?

i don't feel it's right to allow a corporation to have this degree of control over the free web, but i dont see a solution involving anything other than restructuring the way the internet works

Attached: 1550318425161.png (253x199, 6K)

>Nazis
>not advocating for authoritarian bullshit

Yea I laughed too

The only schizos here are the ones crying about censorship of a cripple's shitty pedo board

The only reason a landlord can't do that is because of government oversight and regulation.

Do you want an internet that is regulated by a government?

we're talking about the ramifications of the biggest ddos mitigation service randomly dropping websites at the smallest sign of political pressure.
can you please keep your brainlet politics out of this!

Normies ruin fucking everything, their wranglers tell them Jow Forums is the devil and they'll lobby to have this website nuked too.

These people aren't capable of any critical thought at all.

Attached: 1437407393721.png (358x278, 5K)

Personally I do but only if the government is called "The Communist Party of the Soviet Union".

If the alternative is a communistic hell hole where you are banned for having opinions certain people don't like, yes. Remember when the government enforced antitrust laws? Getting tired of these horrible companies getting away with murder and the government ignores it.

You're not going to fool anybody with the "we're just censoring Nazis and bad people" bullshit, and you'll get what you deserve for it. I don't care if you're a Nazi or a Gommunist, all authoritarians opposing a liberal democracy will be removed.

why post on Jow Forums, the most communist board on the site?

So free markets are great until they're not. Then the GOVERNMENT has to step in (but they're evil if they attempt to provide healthcare).
Communists have riseup.net/.

They're a private company, get some right wing $$ and host your own competing service and do the same to liberal websites using your service.

Surely one of those old white,
racist billionaires can afford to fund that kind of project. Right?

>all authoritarians opposing a liberal democracy will be removed
Do you not see the irony of this sentence?

Yes free markets are great until they're not. What world do you live in where the choices are between the free market and government ownership? Fact is that you need governmental regulation, and the boomers in the government are too old and stupid and don't know what the internet is.

Planned economies worked pretty damn well.

Attached: there was an attempt.jpg (280x272, 14K)

Nazis such sensitive faggots

The main purpose of services like Cloudflare is to protect websites like Jow Forums and others that can't protect themselves. That's their entire business model, so when they start randomly kicking off websites over political pressure, they're betraying their entire business model. Which is why I think people should stop using Cloudflare, because they're not dependable.
Your autistic tangent has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

yeah, i think SOME degree of regulation is a good idea

free markets do require some degree of regulation to function properly. without regulation, natural monopolies are the only logical outcome. because of economies of scale and capital investments that only larger groups can take on

It was never time to use them.

Everything is political now sweaty :)

Who's fault would that be mmmmm?

>Planned economies worked pretty damn well.
On what fucking planet?

This has nothing to do with nazism, this has to do with corporate control of the internet and you're their foot soldier.

why does cloudflare HAVE to provide service to 8ch?

>yeah, i think SOME degree of regulation is a good idea
Cloudflare thought so too.
The Blue Marble.

because nazis will get butthurt if they don't and you don't want that to happen!

>The Blue Marble.
Oh it was a joke. Pretty funny stuff.

? You sound like a dumbass. Of course cloudflare controls who they extend resources to. Do you even know what cloudflare does?

>Cloudflare thought so too.
that's not really regulating the way a company does business, it's a particular company having uncontested control over the outcomes of their customers.

what's happened here with cloudflare is actually the polar opposite of regulation

based cloudflare btfoing israeli 8cuck

It has everything to do with what you're saying.

You're whining about cloudflare and providing no alternative.

Shut the fuck up and DO something about it you dumb bastard.

If you ACTUALLY believe what you're saying, then surely others do as well and your competing service will thrive.

Your whining doesn't do anything but make you look pathetic

All businesses exist to make a profit :)
Its not profitable to protect dumb alt-whiter safe spaces when they chimp out every other week :)
Free market works sweaty :)

>nazis will get butthurt
Should look on the bright side. At least they have it better than in 1945!
No it wasn't. Soviet Russia went from a feudal nation 100 years behind the rest of Europe to sending the first man to space in only 50 years.
It's still regulation, just by a company rather than a government.

We have this thread every few days
At first I, being the naive basedboi I was, thought the people defending censorships for the dailystormer types were simply underestimating the scale said censorship would evolve into, not realizing in a not too far future Jow Forums itself might be banned or you persecuted just because you called someone a fag on a thread

But nowdays I think they're okay with that.
They truly want a insane gulag a la ResetEra

daily reminder that cloudflare's business model relies on the idea of centralized services being the "only" method of content distribution, and that if you had made your services decentralized from the beginning you would never have any of these problems.

You're a brainwashed retard

wew all the replies acting as if cloudflare was the hoster and sqrt(64)chan was taken down
is USA really this fucked that most people have been reduced to "muh right wing" or "muh libtards" with like no sense of grey?

Attached: 1543956601709.jpg (1272x1000, 252K)

>just make your own internet bro xD

>It's still regulation, just by a company rather than a government.

this is technically a true statement, but i don't think anybody has EVER argued for regulation by companies, neither left-wingers nor right-wingers.

in fact, corporate regulation is such a horrible idea that when people talk about "regulation", they always, undoubtedly, unequivocally mean government regulation

nope lights out peace loser lmao. Imagine if this happened to an actual company, what do their contracts look like?

>just throw unlimited money at the problem and it isn't a problem
Wow, what a stroke of genius

says the braindead gay weeb spamming astolfos

Centrism does not exist.
It's almost like companies are a bad idea huh?

thinking you didn't understand any part of that sentence

Cloudflare doesn't own any internet backhaul

How do you build a decentralized content distribution WITHOUT just throwing money at the problem?

>It's almost like companies are a bad idea huh?
no, that's too far in the other direction, not enough checks and balances. some government regulation applied to companies is a good idea, and i feel that needs to happen more often with companies that have internet-based business models.

who said that any of the infrastructure belonged to you?

>checks and balances
lol @ this meme

And nothing of value was lost.

This desu. I've known several people who claim to be and have "tested" as centralists, yet they always seem to choose one side or the other anyways. I know one right wing "centralist" and I know two left wing "centralists". Only reason they think they are centralists is because they used sites like PoliticalCompass and had no opinions on any of it.

p.s. you might be a retard
you should go get that checked out

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 52K)

sites like 8 ch and Jow Forums are one of the last places outside of the corporate control. the goal is to take both of them down by using the mainstream media to attack 8 ch and shame Cloudflare until Cloudflare revoked their service. the next step is invariably to get their domain and source of income. they won't stop until the entire internet is one big Facebook and Google.

Attached: 1545248881918.png (522x506, 17K)

>8ch and Jow Forums are outside of corporate control
Stay delusional, kiddo.

Lmao, so we're back to cloudflare

No one wants to go around trying to work with 50 different companies all around the world who all have different systems, different requirements, etc. When you can just go through a single large entity like cloudflare which handles everything seamlessly

>8 ch and Jow Forums are one of the last places outside of the corporate control.
user....

Centrists usually just support the status quo. They might hold some opinions that differ from that but generally they're "status quo"-wing or "my true views are not socially acceptable so i pretend to be something else"-wing

The best way to suppress free speech is by taking out the ones who deserve it the most (race supremacists, political extremists, organisations that insight violence, etc), and then slowly working their way to normal people who haven't done anything wrong.

FUCK CLOUDFLARE
FUCK 8GAG
FUCK Jow Forums
FUCK OP
FUCK JEWS
FUCK NAZIS
AND FUCK SATANIA (IN THE BUTT)

Attached: 1553513335863.png (876x600, 548K)

>Soviet Russia went from a feudal nation 100 years behind the rest of Europe to sending the first man to space in only 50 years.
What? Imperial Russia wasn't technologically 100 years behind the rest of Europe prior to the revolution, and serfdom was abolished as an institution fifty years prior. You're literally just making shit up.

you should understand that you're a retard and that you don't understand what decentralizing means

but let me help because I make it my mission to cure the mentally deficient

decentralizing means that you are sharing with your peers
there is no single organization handling anything for you.
naturally
*there is no money to be made*

first of all 8ch has /leftypol/ and many other political leanings.
second of all, because their whole business model is providing services to websites irregardless of their political leanings. by violating that principle they're showing that their services aren't reliable.

"The New Economic Policy was rapidly abandoned and replaced by Stalinism. The country now became industrialized at a hitherto unprecedented pace, surpassing Germany's pace of industrialization in the 19th century and Japan's earlier in the 20th century"
100 years behind might not be 100% accurate but it certainly fucking WORKED.

Then you're delusional and need to come back to reality.

epic clapback. but do you have actual arguments? will I get shadowbanned if I say that Facebook is run by Jewish vampires? didn't think so.

>Paradox of tolerance
Often cited by people attempting to justify their prejudices, bigotries, racism, etc.